The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on January 13, 2018, 10:00:35 PM

If you lived in a deep blue state thats been run into the ground the Democrats and youll soon understand why "ordinary Joes" vote Republican.   

The blue states are subsidizing the red states, Whitey. It's been that way for quite some time. Why do you people keep repeating the same lies over and over again?

stew

Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2018, 07:22:24 PM
I don't know how any ordinary Joe could vote GOP

I do. Trump has done more in a year for black America than Obama did in eight years, the economy is on the uptick, jobs are coming back to the states from abroad and confidence in the working class/middle class is up in relation to the economy.

Between the late 1990s and 2015, non-college-educated white Americans went from 30 per cent less likely to 30 per cent more likely to die in their fifties than non-college-educated African-Americans. White males account for just under a third of America's population but over two-thirds of its suicides.

Trump has been in office a year, and this is his fault how exactly?

More than half of Trump's tax cuts will go to.the ultra rich.

I have seen different stats to those, but whatever suits your agenda hi!

Trump does not give a f**k about ordinary people.

I disagree, he cares a lot more about them than you lot, unlike Hillory he actually went out and talked to the people and is continuing to do so, working class blacks are doing better as is the middle class, I can fault him for plenty but at some point one of you liberal bucks have to give the man credit for something, the fact you cant speaks volumes and should tell you why your party fucked itself in the last election!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 15, 2018, 11:39:42 PM

If you lived in a deep blue state thats been run into the ground the Democrats and youll soon understand why "ordinary Joes" vote Republican.   

The blue states are subsidizing the red states, Whitey. It's been that way for quite some time. Why do you people keep repeating the same lies over and over again?

YYYYYYYYYYYYyAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNN. (completely separate topic, but nice attempt at diversion)

Believe what you want

https://www.mercatus.org/statefiscalrankings

Bottom Five States

Maryland, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Illinois, and New Jersey rank in the bottom five states, largely a result of the low amounts of cash they have on hand and their large debt obligations. States that fail to address long-term drivers of debt and are not prepared for recessions will continue to rank poorly.

Each state has massive debt obligations. Each of the bottom five states exhibits serious signs of fiscal distress. Their large liabilities and low cash on hand raise serious concerns about their ability to pay bills.
Unfunded liabilities continue to be a problem. High deficits and debt obligations in the forms of unfunded pensions and healthcare benefits continue to drive each state into fiscal peril. Each holds tens, if not hundreds, of billions of dollars in unfunded liabilities—constituting a significant risk to taxpayers in both the short and the long term.
The bottom five states have changed since last year. Kentucky's position has declined, placing it in the bottom five this year. New York is no longer in the bottom five due to improvements in budget solvency. Illinois and New Jersey improved slightly but remain in the bottom five. Massachusetts also remains in the bottom five, in slightly worse positions than last year.

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on January 16, 2018, 01:09:43 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 15, 2018, 11:39:42 PM

YYYYYYYYYYYYyAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNN. (completely separate topic, but nice attempt at diversion)

Believe what you want

https://www.mercatus.org/statefiscalrankings

Bottom Five States

Maryland, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Illinois, and New Jersey rank in the bottom five states, largely a result of the low amounts of cash they have on hand and their large debt obligations. States that fail to address long-term drivers of debt and are not prepared for recessions will continue to rank poorly.

Each state has massive debt obligations. Each of the bottom five states exhibits serious signs of fiscal distress. Their large liabilities and low cash on hand raise serious concerns about their ability to pay bills.
Unfunded liabilities continue to be a problem. High deficits and debt obligations in the forms of unfunded pensions and healthcare benefits continue to drive each state into fiscal peril. Each holds tens, if not hundreds, of billions of dollars in unfunded liabilities—constituting a significant risk to taxpayers in both the short and the long term.
The bottom five states have changed since last year. Kentucky's position has declined, placing it in the bottom five this year. New York is no longer in the bottom five due to improvements in budget solvency. Illinois and New Jersey improved slightly but remain in the bottom five. Massachusetts also remains in the bottom five, in slightly worse positions than last year.

There is far more debt than can be repaid.
Detroit showed the way a few years ago.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gabriel_Hurl

Don given a clean bill of health by the White House Doctor

6'3 tall and weighing 239 lbs - which puts him 1 inch or 1lb short of being clinically obese.

Here is 6'3 Trump standing next to 6'1 Obama

and next to 6'2 Trudeau

There's already been the birther movement - is this the start of the girther movement?

Wildweasel74

Some test to work out the mental health of a president: a 10yr over here would answer them!  Maybe the us education system is worse than i thougjt

J70

Quote from: stew on January 16, 2018, 12:01:57 AM

I do. Trump has done more in a year for black America than Obama did in eight years, the economy is on the uptick, jobs are coming back to the states from abroad and confidence in the working class/middle class is up in relation to the economy.

Between the late 1990s and 2015, non-college-educated white Americans went from 30 per cent less likely to 30 per cent more likely to die in their fifties than non-college-educated African-Americans. White males account for just under a third of America's population but over two-thirds of its suicides.

I disagree, he cares a lot more about them than you lot, unlike Hillory he actually went out and talked to the people and is continuing to do so, working class blacks are doing better as is the middle class, I can fault him for plenty but at some point one of you liberal bucks have to give the man credit for something, the fact you cant speaks volumes and should tell you why your party fucked itself in the last election!

Should we repost the job and stock market trend graphs again?

I'll grant you that Trump seized upon long-in-progress de-industrialization of parts of the US as a political football, but that doesn't mean he gives a f**k about those people or that he is going to do anything for them. All we've seen so far is attempts to strip away environmental protections, the social safety net, and tax breaks for rich people. And demonization of immigrants and a willingness to hold foreign-born young people who've lived here virtually their entire lives hostage to his wall demands. I guess that plays well with some "ordinary people" who need a scapegoat.

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 17, 2018, 12:25:23 PM

6'3 tall and weighing 239 lbs - which puts him 1 inch or 1lb short of being clinically obese.

and next to 6'2 Trudeau

There's already been the birther movement - is this the start of the girther movement?

Haha...good one

Im sure there was some fudging of the numbers, but you should use different photos if you want to prove your point.  First photo, trump is leaning sideways so thats no good......second one Trumps shoulder is noticeably higher than Trudeaus, so he actually does look taller.  Hard to tell with the mop of hair

NAG1

Quote from: stew on January 16, 2018, 12:01:57 AM

Still wouldnt have mattered if they had applied for a tennacy in one of Trump's properties back in the day. But here gloss over everything in the mans past to paint a picture of something that is the complete opposite to what he actually is.

Pity that the american people have been too stupid or too niave to realise what they have done, but they will at some point, usually when it is too late.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: whitey on January 17, 2018, 01:35:55 PMIm sure there was some fudging of the numbers, but you should use different photos if you want to prove your point.  First photo, trump is leaning sideways so thats no good......second one Trumps shoulder is noticeably higher than Trudeaus, so he actually does look taller.  Hard to tell with the mop of hair

Keep fighting the good fight whitey

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 17, 2018, 01:35:55 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 17, 2018, 12:25:23 PM

and next to 6'2 Trudeau

Haha...good one

Im sure there was some fudging of the numbers, but you should use different photos if you want to prove your point.  First photo, trump is leaning sideways so thats no good......second one Trumps shoulder is noticeably higher than Trudeaus, so he actually does look taller.  Hard to tell with the mop of hair

FFS  ;D

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 17, 2018, 01:58:23 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 17, 2018, 01:35:55 PMIm sure there was some fudging of the numbers, but you should use different photos if you want to prove your point.  First photo, trump is leaning sideways so thats no good......second one Trumps shoulder is noticeably higher than Trudeaus, so he actually does look taller.  Hard to tell with the mop of hair

Haha....I agreed with you that he fudged the numbers, but those photos you posted prove nothing.....they actually undermine your argument

seafoid

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/01/17/trump-credibility-capitol-hill-lawmakers-negotiating-342989

Donald Trump ran for president as a bipartisan deal-maker. But if there's one thing he's proven after a year in office, he's better at killing bipartisan deals than clinching them.

On the cusp of a deal for the second time with Democrats to enshrine protections for 700,000 young undocumented immigrants, Trump once again destroyed the underpinnings of the potential agreement. After nixing any potential Dreamers deal last fall with "Chuck and Nancy" — Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi — this time Trump blew up a tentative agreement during a meeting in the Oval Office. He used racially charged language and later publicly mocked Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), who had said Trump told him just hours earlier they had an agreement.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on January 17, 2018, 02:05:32 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 17, 2018, 01:58:23 PM

Haha....I agreed with you that he fudged the numbers, but those photos you posted prove nothing.....they actually undermine your argument

Jesus wept. How embarrassing.