Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on June 14, 2019, 03:04:23 PM
MR2, you can't hide behind a bit of banter on this one. Cargin +  St Galls have not put their shoulders to the wheel. For Lenny I'm sure it is disappointing given his efforts with the  Milltown lads

Our best players are 33 and older ffs, catch yourself on! one player one of our best forwards was asked to be a bit part player, the term "youd be a great impact sub" was used..

Its disappointing that knowledgeable supporters on here are looking to dads army to bring Antrim forward. these lads and i cant talk about the Cargin players reasons, but they have given the county a hell of a lot more effort than the keyboard warriors on here who'd have little or no knowledge of the effort thats required to be an intercounty footballer
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on June 13, 2019, 10:17:39 PM
The bluffers are the Cargin and st galls men who have won 17 out of the last 18 senior championships and haven't one player between them prepAred to put a shift for their county
I'd make them play each other when the county match is on

Is that not an oxymoron, bluffers winning all those championships.
From my knowledge Kevin O Boyle is injured and would have been available. As far as I know some of those bluffers from Carlin were prepared to make themselves available but not training fill tilt from December 4/5 nights a weeks at a cost to there businesses. They were prepared to commit on a lesser demanding schedule but Lenny didn't agree to it. That is his prerogative. Unless you want the Gaa to go semi professional so players can put their careers on the back burner?

BigBallWeeBall

Oh MR2, the arrogance sounds like a DUP conference. Clubs up & down the country would love to have 'County Standard Impact Subs' unless they were Corporal Pike from Dads Army.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on June 14, 2019, 05:52:54 PM
Oh MR2, the arrogance sounds like a DUP conference. Clubs up & down the country would love to have 'County Standard Impact Subs' unless they were Corporal Pike from Dads Army.

Calling you up on bullshit isn't arrogance, but carry on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Dunsilly King on June 14, 2019, 05:12:51 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on June 13, 2019, 10:17:39 PM
The bluffers are the Cargin and st galls men who have won 17 out of the last 18 senior championships and haven't one player between them prepAred to put a shift for their county
I'd make them play each other when the county match is on

Is that not an oxymoron, bluffers winning all those championships.
From my knowledge Kevin O Boyle is injured and would have been available. As far as I know some of those bluffers from Carlin were prepared to make themselves available but not training fill tilt from December 4/5 nights a weeks at a cost to there businesses. They were prepared to commit on a lesser demanding schedule but Lenny didn't agree to it. That is his prerogative. Unless you want the Gaa to go semi professional so players can put their careers on the back burner?
im sure Cargin players aren't the only players who have businesses and jobs surely?

Na Glinntí Glasa

f**k me you would swear the way people were posting here that certain clubs were obliged to have players on the county panel!

whats sort of thinking is that? that players should commit to something they dont want to just because they play for Cargin or St Galls?

aye dead on lads.

I dont know anything about any of the lads who havent committed but the lads from St Galls and Cargin dont owe anyone anything at County level with the amount of games they have played over the last 10-15 years.
hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

And we can add Dunloy to the list of clubs not providing players to the county footballers. Imagine how strong we could be !
My gripe with st galls and Cargin is that there seems to be a team decision to sod the county and concentrate on club football and if everyone took that stance we would have no county team. Not sure what's driving it in st galls but Derry managers in Cargin cant be good for Antrim

Sportacus

It's an individual decision decision for any lad to commit to County if he's asked, it's not a club issue.  Individually they all have their own lives to lead and if they opt in or out is entirely their own business in an amateur sport where the demands are essentially professional.  We'd all love to see all our best players on the one panel, which probably rarely happens in any county, but if we get a few more wins under our belt then the whole county set up will become more attractive - it's chicken and egg. 

imtommygunn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on June 15, 2019, 12:14:39 PM
And we can add Dunloy to the list of clubs not providing players to the county footballers. Imagine how strong we could be !
My gripe with st galls and Cargin is that there seems to be a team decision to sod the county and concentrate on club football and if everyone took that stance we would have no county team. Not sure what's driving it in st galls but Derry managers in Cargin cant be good for Antrim

Sure someone said above Kevin o'boyle would be there only he is injured... doesn't sound like a team decision??

BigBallWeeBall

Can't imagine the best 2 clubs in Dublin/Tyrone /Kerry/Mayo even Kildare will not be represented on their county panels

imtommygunn

Kildare's best player, by a long way, does not play. Happening everywhere outside the main contenders.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on June 15, 2019, 12:14:39 PM

Sit down pal and relax, you've more to worry about.

BigBallWeeBall

Kildares best player not lining out is not the same as  2 top clubs with no representation. 2 top teams with no players rigging out is hard to comprehend. That was the point of the posts

imtommygunn

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on June 15, 2019, 07:47:18 PM
Kildares best player not lining out is not the same as  2 top clubs with no representation. 2 top teams with no players rigging out is hard to comprehend. That was the point of the posts

It's not as black and white as two clubs not togging out. Look at the age demographic of the players from those two clubs and look at the lifespan of a county footballer these days.