?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

marty34

Quote from: general on January 03, 2019, 04:21:22 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11598043/jermain-defoe-to-join-rangers-on-18-month-loan-deal

Some signing for the Gers.

Rodgers may put the foot down with the Celtic Board now. They were outclassed last week. Defoe, albeit 36 years old will be lethal in the SPL!

I'd say SG is pushing hard now after the last Old Firm result.  He'll be bending the ear of the board looking for reinforcements like this and S Davis also going back.  Adding experience and goalacoring for the final drive.

I hope Lawell is watching on.  He'll need to splash the cash now and crush this mini rebellion or he'll never live it down.

Would Joe Harte be willing togo to Celtic as he seems frozen out?  What wages would he be on anyway...even a loan deal for 18 months?

ned

Quote from: marty34 on January 03, 2019, 06:04:23 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11598043/jermain-defoe-to-join-rangers-on-18-month-loan-deal

Rodgers may put the foot down with the Celtic Board now. They were outclassed last week. Defoe, albeit 36 years old will be lethal in the SPL!

I'd say SG is pushing hard now after the last Old Firm result.  He'll be bending the ear of the board looking for reinforcements like this and S Davis also going back.  Adding experience and goalacoring for the final drive.

I hope Lawell is watching on.  He'll need to splash the cash now and crush this mini rebellion or he'll never live it down.

Would Joe Harte be willing togo to Celtic as he seems frozen out?  What wages would he be on anyway...even a loan deal for 18 months?

Gordon isn't great but eff right off with Hart!
Great forward planning by Rangers, a 36 and a 33 year old! What happens if they don't win the league? When is the last time a player came to Scotland from England and scored a shed load? There are numerous examples of players failing in Scotland and being relatively successful elsewhere. FFS Darryl Murphy is still cutting about the Championship.

illdecide

I know what you're saying but they will be an addition to them Sevco cheating c**nts. They are going for broke to stop Celtic at all costs and TBH if Celtic don't make 3 quality signings then I'll be fearing the worst.
Yes, they're going to take the gamble to spend money they don't have but it's stop Celtic at all costs. If Celtic retain their title then they're on the slippery slope of going bust again but from what I'm reading they smell blood and they're going for it. If it comes down to the last old firm (hate saying that) game at the cesspit will we be confident of getting a result after what happened last week.

If this doesn't perk everyone up at CP then they deserve all what's coming to them, they've four full weeks to go get their men and crush these bastids once for all. Don't forget if this title goes to the wire we can't and won't get a fair crack at the closing games from the refs, they will help Sevco break our run of titles...remember John Beaton who done game last week used to be a season ticket holder at Ibrox (he wasn't the reason we lost either btw) but he had three opportunities to send off that Moreles and didn't do it and the sfa found nothing wrong either...unbelievable, if a Celtic player had done that he'd have been jailed ffs
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

marty34

Quote from: ned on January 03, 2019, 06:36:12 PM

Great forward planning by Rangers, a 36 and a 33 year old! What happens if they don't win the league? When is the last time a player came to Scotland from England and scored a shed load? There are numerous examples of players failing in Scotland and being relatively successful elsewhere. FFS Darryl Murphy is still cutting about the Championship.

Are you saying you wouldn't take Defoe on loan now for the Celts?

He'd be excellent - still pacy enough, a proven goalscoer and experienced.   

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on January 03, 2019, 07:46:50 PM
I know what you're saying but they will be an addition to them Sevco cheating c**nts. They are going for broke to stop Celtic at all costs and TBH if Celtic don't make 3 quality signings then I'll be fearing the worst.
Yes, they're going to take the gamble to spend money they don't have but it's stop Celtic at all costs. If Celtic retain their title then they're on the slippery slope of going bust again but from what I'm reading they smell blood and they're going for it. If it comes down to the last old firm (hate saying that) game at the cesspit will we be confident of getting a result after what happened last week.

If this doesn't perk everyone up at CP then they deserve all what's coming to them, they've four full weeks to go get their men and crush these bastids once for all. Don't forget if this title goes to the wire we can't and won't get a fair crack at the closing games from the refs, they will help Sevco break our run of titles...remember John Beaton who done game last week used to be a season ticket holder at Ibrox (he wasn't the reason we lost either btw) but he had three opportunities to send off that Moreles and didn't do it and the sfa found nothing wrong either...unbelievable, if a Celtic player had done that he'd have been jailed ffs

100% correct. All they have to do is win league once and cheerio to 10-in-a-row!

ned

Quote from: marty34 on January 03, 2019, 07:54:53 PM

Are you saying you wouldn't take Defoe on loan now for the Celts?

He'd be excellent - still pacy enough, a proven goalscoer and experienced.   

Defoe wouldn't be excellent but it would depend on the alternatives for Celtic. However, if seen it before where we've signed a player at this stage of their career and it hasn't worked. Anyway, Defoe has hardly played for two years.

clarshack

Exactly - Ian Wright came to Celtic around Defoe's age and didn't score a pile in Scotland and as you say there are more examples. Davis going back would be like Aiden McGeady going back around that age. how would that have worked out?

paddyjohn

Rangers beat Celtic in 2016 and bought Barton & Kranjcar. How'd that work out for them? They are banking on short term gain and possibly winning a league title which won't happen.

Keep the faith. In Brendan we trust.

JimStynes

Is anyone else secretly worried that Rangers will actually win the league!

Over the Bar

Quote from: JimStynes on January 03, 2019, 10:25:03 PM

With decisions like this they just might!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46721277

snoopdog

If they get defoe thwy will be a serious threat to Celtic. Celtic stuttering along. They need a couple of new faces.

nrico2006

Quote from: clarshack on January 03, 2019, 10:05:13 PM

Exactly - Ian Wright came to Celtic around Defoe's age and didn't score a pile in Scotland and as you say there are more examples. Davis going back would be like Aiden McGeady going back around that age. how would that have worked out?

Davis is a quality player and alot better than McGeady.

I hope they do. Celtic fans are hard to listen to.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Insane Bolt

How are Sevco affording this? Another tax dodge? Window cleaner not getting paid again😜

marty34

I'd be worried that Celtic board won't spend the money.  This is obvious from the summer's mess in reference to transfers - Boyota and Dembele out and John Mc Ginn in.  With this, Celtic scraped into Europa Lge knock out and were lucky after being hammered in Champions Lge.

One of the big worries for me was the lack of bottle in Old Firm  game.  They had a chance to kick Rangers to touch and go 6pts clear with a game in hand and the attitude was brutal.  BR's team was poor - young Johnston up top and a misfielder/winger at left back.  Central defence was poor with 2 'international' players in there.  They melted on the big day.  I think Armstrong is a big miss in midfield also - people probably don't agree with that though.

People can say injuries but to me it's mismanagement by all concerned. Away defeats to Hearts and Hibs etc. doesn't bode well for the second part of the season as teams know that they can get at Celtic and will relish it.  As someone else alluded to earlier, all decisions will go against Celtic in the run in if things are tight- frees, penalties and yellow cards etc.  We all know this.

I still Celtic will win the league but it should be a lot easier if funding is made available to BR in time.  Most important ting is to strengthen this month (loans if need be to end of season) and win league and build again well during the summer.

If Celtic win this year, it'll be a warning for all concerned : players, manager and especially the board.  Drive on to 10 in a row and crush everything in Celtic's path!

P.S. I think Aberdeen will finish second.

illdecide

Yes, is the honest answer. As i stated earlier Celtic will get nothing from referees (nothing new there) but if this league goes to the wire it can and will make a difference. If anyone thinks J Defoe won't make a we difference is foolish (IMO), yes he older and prob doesn't have the speed he had but it's still in his head and a poacher in the box. Even if he didn't score 10-12 goals i'm sure his presence and experience in training alone will help others.
S Davis is a half decent player and what matters more than anything is he's a Rangers player and will give another few % to the team, If Rangers sign these two and one more then I will certainly get worried.

Let me ask a question...If Celtic sell Boyata (which i hope they do) and don't sign anyone in January and The Rangers sign their players do you think Celtic will run away with it in the second half of the season???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch