Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pablo Escobar

From the Terrace

Ballyboughal lost Leinster Intermediate final 2017 by two points. Mullinavat are there on merit and fair play to them. Best team won on the day. Im sure Rosenallis are happy with their year.

Laois Rising

County and club football are two separate entities. Clubs such as Muckalee, The Railway and Mullinavat would be very competitive if they were playing their football in Laois with all three clubs a match for any intermediate side in Laois. Mullinavat have made huge progress over the last couple of years winning the last three Kilkenny championships in very impressive fashion and I reckon would be ahead of four or five senior sides in Laois if were competing in our senior championship.

I feel recognition of their success should be acknowledged and congratulated. To say that it was a disgrace on the part of Rosenallis to lose to a Kilkenny club side is to be ignorant of the work that Mullinavat have put into developing a fine football team.  Rosenallis had a great run in 2019 and should be happy with the success they had. No shame in falling at the hurdle that they did. It was always going to be a 50/50 game.

High Fielder

How many teams play in the Kilkenny Championship? Are there Intermediate and Junior grades? And is the Mullinavat team made up entirely of players from Mullinavat? Apologies for all the questions. I don't know why, but I just feel like there's something fishy going on here

SCFC

Quote from: High Fielder on November 30, 2019, 07:58:15 AM
How many teams play in the Kilkenny Championship? Are there Intermediate and Junior grades? And is the Mullinavat team made up entirely of players from Mullinavat? Apologies for all the questions. I don't know why, but I just feel like there's something fishy going on here
I think there's 12 senior teams. Mullinavat are the senior champions, don't forget. I think their intermediate champions play in the Leinster junior club competition.