Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: NetNitrate on June 05, 2020, 04:24:37 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on June 05, 2020, 01:19:26 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2020, 01:10:48 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on June 05, 2020, 10:19:42 AM
I'm not so sure now. Talk of him being released so is this an attempt to hold onto him.

Is he not serving a sentence for other sex offences? He's in prison in Germany was what I understood not that he'd been arrested.

It's a truly harrowing story and when I think about it I can't stop thinking about that wee girls last few hours. Afraid, alone, most probably crying looking help or her parents, not knowing what was happening. It really, really gets me.

Does not bare thinking about, harrowing stuff.  This suspect is eligible for parole from his current sentence from this Sunday onwards, can't see that happening. 

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the child died in the holiday apartment at the hand of the intruder, and then the intruder took the body with them.  This might add some credence to the cadaver dogs picking up a scent of death in the apartment.

The dog handler - Martin Grime - who is highly accomplished and solved many cases with Cadaver dogs has stated a body needs to be in place for 2 hrs before a scent of death develops. So the above would not be possible if the parents and friends were checking every half hour as they stated. It also still does not explain the perplexing fact that scent of death was also discovered in the McCann's hire car, a car they hired after the abduction took place, which led the original detective to believe that they transported the body later and concealed it, after she died from an accident in apartment after being left alone. His theory, not mine. Hopefully the family get closure but this latest suspect seems to be similar to the pedophlle who confessed in the Jo Benet Ramsay case (where parents were also suspects), and it turned out he was someone just looking for attention. There seems to be very little hard evidence other that he boasted to a friend. The original detected also predicted a year ago that this person would be made a scapegoat to close the case.

The only perplexing thing is that  this nonsense is repeated  year in year out. That car was rented some 24 days after Madddie was abducted, cue conspiracy theorists  doing gymastics to explain that one.

How about the obvious simple explanation that the cadaver sniffer dogs got it wrong,  such dogs get it wrong most of the time.

Jeepers Creepers

I'm not so sure now. Talk of him being released so is this an attempt to hold onto him.

Is he not serving a sentence for other sex offences? He's in prison in Germany was what I understood not that he'd been arrested.

It's a truly harrowing story and when I think about it I can't stop thinking about that wee girls last few hours. Afraid, alone, most probably crying looking help or her parents, not knowing what was happening. It really, really gets me.

Does not bare thinking about, harrowing stuff.  This suspect is eligible for parole from his current sentence from this Sunday onwards, can't see that happening. 

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the child died in the holiday apartment at the hand of the intruder, and then the intruder took the body with them.  This might add some credence to the cadaver dogs picking up a scent of death in the apartment.

The dog handler - Martin Grime - who is highly accomplished and solved many cases with Cadaver dogs has stated a body needs to be in place for 2 hrs before a scent of death develops. So the above would not be possible if the parents and friends were checking every half hour as they stated. It also still does not explain the perplexing fact that scent of death was also discovered in the McCann's hire car, a car they hired after the abduction took place, which led the original detective to believe that they transported the body later and concealed it, after she died from an accident in apartment after being left alone. His theory, not mine. Hopefully the family get closure but this latest suspect seems to be similar to the pedophlle who confessed in the Jo Benet Ramsay case (where parents were also suspects), and it turned out he was someone just looking for attention. There seems to be very little hard evidence other that he boasted to a friend. The original detected also predicted a year ago that this person would be made a scapegoat to close the case.

He 'boasted to whoever' and phone records place him in the town an hour before abduction. I aint a dectective but if thats not something to go on then dont know what is. More perplexing is that he is a sex offender that lived in the area at that time. Why has has it taken this long to question/link him?

NetNitrate

Quote from: Main Street on June 05, 2020, 04:37:14 PM

The only perplexing thing is that  this nonsense is repeated  year in year out. That car was rented some 24 days after Madddie was abducted, cue conspiracy theorists  doing gymastics to explain that one.

How about the obvious simple explanation that the cadaver sniffer dogs got it wrong,  such dogs get it wrong most of the time.

Yes, they could have got it wrong. However, they don't get it wrong most of the time. They have a 90%+ accuracy. And there were two dogs. One detected scent, then the second recovered blood samples where the scent was found, which proved the dogs was onto something. The DNA proved inconclusive - some say because of poor testing methods from a lab that is now closed down. This is not nonsense. It is in the police files. And I did point out the car was rented afterwards, which is why I mentioned what the police detectives theory was.

NetNitrate

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 05, 2020, 04:45:57 PM

He 'boasted to whoever' and phone records place him in the town an hour before abduction. I aint a dectective but if thats not something to go on then dont know what is. More perplexing is that he is a sex offender that lived in the area at that time. Why has has it taken this long to question/link him?

According to the original detective, he was investigated at the time by the police.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/madeleine-mccann-german-suspect-a-scapegoat-portugal-detective-goncalo-amaral-claims-maddie-podcast/0ea5ef10-8717-4cfb-adea-a1c8baf2d357

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 05, 2020, 03:10:47 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 05, 2020, 03:06:01 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 05, 2020, 03:02:03 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on June 05, 2020, 02:14:05 PM
The German police must be confident they have the right man, otherwise their claim that they are assuming the child is dead could make them look incompetent.
I'm wondering do they have some physical evidence already and they are looking for that extra nail in the coffin to secure a conviction.

It doesn't bear thinking about what must have happened that wee girl and to her family. At the time it happened one of my kids was around that age, and coincidentally I have a 3 year old girl now also. It really makes it hit home how evil an act this was regardless of who carried it out.

That poor wee girl. Unfortunately I have to blame the parents here. Never in my mind would I consider leaving my kids alone while I went and drank.

Do we know why it took so long for this to come out?

Never done it or would my wife even forgive me if I left them in the car had i went to the shop!

But I've left them in the house while we've been in garden when having a barbie/drinks

Waiting expectantly now for this to be thrown at you in threads to come.

Didn't say who's garden
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Thought it was another tabloid hoax until I saw that it was the German police making these claims; straight away it got my attention as Germans are nothing if not thorough and professional and they would have a lot of credibility, a lot more than other cowboy countries around the world. They apparently have a fair bit of evidence from one of the vehicles although no DNA. Expert's, including Gamble, believe that they have more than they've released but are simply trying to jog memories and get independent corroboration as they cant really be seen to be putting words into potential witnesses mouths.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

trailer

Pretty mad rant that in fairness.
The dog man would appear to have all the credibility of a palm reader.

trailer

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 05, 2020, 08:26:28 PM
Thought it was another tabloid hoax until I saw that it was the German police making these claims; straight away it got my attention as Germans are nothing if not thorough and professional and they would have a lot of credibility, a lot more than other cowboy countries around the world. They apparently have a fair bit of evidence from one of the vehicles although no DNA. Expert's, including Gamble, believe that they have more than they've released but are simply trying to jog memories and get independent corroboration as they cant really be seen to be putting words into potential witnesses mouths.

Gamble is a bit of a media whore, no? Can't warm to him at all.

NetNitrate

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2020, 08:39:19 PM

I'm sorry but that is simply not true. These same dogs have brought many murderers to justice, including in Ireland.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/strabane-murder-sniffer-dog-on-netflix-maddie-series-37938452.html

In America:
https://www.loudoun.gov/DocumentCenter/View/152001/06202019---Virginia-Court-of-Appeals-Affirmed-the-Convictions-Against-Braulio-Castillo

trailer

Quote from: NetNitrate on June 05, 2020, 08:54:07 PM

I'm sorry but that is simply not true. These same dogs have brought many murderers to justice, including in Ireland.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/strabane-murder-sniffer-dog-on-netflix-maddie-series-37938452.html

In America:
https://www.loudoun.gov/DocumentCenter/View/152001/06202019---Virginia-Court-of-Appeals-Affirmed-the-Convictions-Against-Braulio-Castillo

Did the murderer use the McCann's hire car to move the body and then leave it back? Whatever about Rex being a good boy, he ain't solved any murders. He can pick up a scent but after that you need evidence. Never seen Rex take the stand yet. May as well consult the daily horoscopes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2020, 08:41:55 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 05, 2020, 08:26:28 PM

Gamble is a bit of a media whore, no? Can't warm to him at all.

Have met him a few times, but seems genuine enough, I get the media stuff but it's the media who call him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NetNitrate

Quote from: trailer on June 05, 2020, 09:42:50 PM
Quote from: NetNitrate on June 05, 2020, 08:54:07 PM

In America:

Did the murderer use the McCann's hire car to move the body and then leave it back? Whatever about Rex being a good boy, he ain't solved any murders. He can pick up a scent but after that you need evidence. Never seen Rex take the stand yet. May as well consult the daily horoscopes.

Dogs provide all kinds of tasks that can find missing people, sniff out drug smuggling, scent death, well beyond the capabilities of humans.

The dogs did their job and found samples that the police/humans missed. It's up to experts to examine that evidence. The British Lab found them inconclusive. An expert from US has developed new forensic technology that he says might solve the DNA puzzle, and has offered his services for free. So far to my knowledge his technology has not been used.

https://www.cybgen.com/information/newsroom/2019/apr/Cybergenetics-expert-Mark-Perlin-discusses-inconclusive-DNA-mixture-evidence-in-Madeleine-McCann-missing-child-case-on-Australia-Sunrise-on-7-television-breakfast-news-program.shtml

Anyway this is all on the Australian news podcast for anyone who wants to learn more. Not my theories, but I thought it a very well researched series.

Capt Pat

This seems to be the biggest/best lead any of the police have had in this case over 13 years. There has been a lot of false hope generated by the media and the McCanns over the years.

Maroon Manc

So 3 kids disappeared into thin air with no bodies ever found all within a 30 mile radius of each other other over a 9 year period; Thats some coincidence.

gallsman