Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WattyMan

Hi lads, where's Oso? I remember telling him that we were building for bigger games and he didn't believe me?

Ah well

Some people will never listen  ;D

Gold

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on January 21, 2024, 08:25:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2024, 07:47:25 PMThat'll show them!

Rise above, or throw your toys out of the pram?

No winners

Damaging result today for ladies team; Louth would have been targeted for a win. If M'Glass really are boycotting, well that's a shame and should be reversed.

Gutting. We could've done a Meath

Need all on board

Prenter a catastrophic loss
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

EOC1923

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on January 21, 2024, 08:25:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2024, 07:47:25 PMThat'll show them!

Rise above, or throw your toys out of the pram?

No winners

Damaging result today for ladies team; Louth would have been targeted for a win. If M'Glass really are boycotting, well that's a shame and should be reversed.
I read somewhere Cathy Carey is part of the management at home games so doesn't seem like a boycott. If there is a boycott its obviously a result the treatment they got the day of the minor final last year which was totally pathetic from all parties involved.

imtommygunn

The SG said there were 12 players gone from last year. Prenter would near get on most teams in the country based on what you read and those 2 O'Neills are very good too not to mention others. Big losses which is a pity given how well they have been progressing.

NorthAntrim

If so youd have to back moneyglass to a certain degree. Antrim LGFA had the power to help them out and refused to budge

NorthAntrim

Big test on sunday away to Limerick fresh out of Division2 . Hopefully we can get the season off to a positive start. Good to have the leagues back now just need the weather to sort itself out

barnish oggie

While it is all a fall out over the farce that happened from the fixtures last year, the players do have other reasons.

Prenter is travelling for the year and has promised to come back when she returns. Whether that is the full year or not remains to be seen. She is a class act and a big loss. As mentioned above, she could play for any county in Ireland.

Carey has retired from county.

The O'Neill's are rightly focusing on their education, one is doing A-Levels the other in final year at Uni.

The Devlin's have told management they are focusing on camogie this year for TNN and trying to give it a push, although they are also coaching underage football at MG.

The others I don't know as much about but all of that came from someone on the county management team that would definitely know the craic.

There wasn't as much feedback from the others as to why they weren't playing this year which probably says they had no good reason other than the boycott.

It is a real pity that they finally make it up to Div 3 and then the team falls apart.

It left them without a free taker and a goalkeeper, although one was transferred from Fermanagh as she is playing for St Pauls now.

We could have given it a real push and it will be hard to even stay up this year to hope that some of those players return next year.

NorthAntrim

Maybe is just a coincidence then. Looked the saffron gael to see a 4 point defeat. Was expecting 20 by the comments on here

imtommygunn

Tubridy and McLaughlin missing too who are big losses.

Yes Limerick big game this weekend. They've experience at that higher level too. Hoping for a win. I am not sure I can remember us beating Limerick too many times but hopefully that will change. Need a win as this league could end up with promotion or relegation so a good start is vital.

bannside

Even though they were league leaders at the time we beat them handy by ten points or more under Lenny, in Portglenone.

Big ask this weekend, a lot of rookies thrown in, high percentage of players in years one or two of senior career.

Given we have so many players unavailable it would be a great achievement to finish mid table and hope that half a dozen players ftom injured list present themselves for selection as the year goes on.

imtommygunn

Ah that's right - mind that one now BS.

Yeah I think we will get it tight in that league. Staying up main aim I think and anything more a bonus. Hopefully more players back for championship.

BrendanAntrim

yes that was a great win over them in Portglenone. One of our worst qualifier defeats was at home to Limerick in Corrigan, probably 5 years ago or so. Terrible game all round. Hopefully a few positives to come this weekend.

Lár na páirce 1

Was in dunsilly at weekend at the centre of participation/excellence the nets on the goals have been lying draped from crossbar a few months now surely someone could put them up with a cable tie or two

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on January 22, 2024, 03:26:18 PMWas in dunsilly at weekend at the centre of participation/excellence the nets on the goals have been lying draped from crossbar a few months now surely someone could put them up with a cable tie or two

Can get a bit blustery over the winter.

I only keep the cable ties in the car for special occasions when
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

antrimman667

any word on club fixtures?