The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 05, 2019, 09:58:14 PM
Win and a Napoli draw - now top of the group. A good night's work.

Going at about 60%. Far from convincing tonight, and the last few weeks to be honest. Sunday will tell a lot.

From the Bunker

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 05, 2019, 10:06:46 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 05, 2019, 09:58:14 PM
Win and a Napoli draw - now top of the group. A good night's work.

Going at about 60%. Far from convincing tonight, and the last few weeks to be honest. Sunday will tell a lot.

If you look at our Position in the League and the Champions League and the League Cup, you'd seem to think we were flying.  :P

Milltown Row2

The sign of champions, winning ugly tight games, lap it up.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

Genk are rubbish. The result was never in any real doubt. We achieved our goals of getting the win and resting key players for the weekend.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 05, 2019, 11:24:42 PM
Genk are rubbish. The result was never in any real doubt. We achieved our goals of getting the win and resting key players for the weekend.

So no excuses then, Salah must be way down the pecking order then
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2019, 11:40:48 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on November 05, 2019, 11:24:42 PM

So no excuses then, Salah must be way down the pecking order then

Salah needs to hit form again. Bobby and Mane have been much more important this year so far. Hid finishing has been really poor lately. Big Divock has actually impressed me in his performances lately, he does offer a direct option but I just would not trust him to start teh big games.

The Ox is giving Klopp something to think about for Sunday. Really linking up well as the attacking midfield option in the last couple of games. Fabinho will definitely start Sunday and I think  it will probably be the usual big game partnership of Gini/Henderson in front of him but Klopp might consider playing it slightly differently.

Armamike

Not sure what the stats say but it seems Salah's form has been on a little downward curve from the start of last season. To be fair, that's measuring him against the amazing limited he reached in 17/18.  Origi has more of an impact from the bench imo.
That's just, like your opinion man.

TabClear

Quote from: Armamike on November 07, 2019, 02:19:52 PM
Not sure what the stats say but it seems Salah's form has been on a little downward curve from the start of last season. To be fair, that's measuring him against the amazing limited he reached in 17/18.  Origi has more of an impact from the bench imo.

To be fair 17/18 probably stands as one of the greatest individual seasons ever and he was never going to match  it. He is still massively important obviously  and his interaction with the other two is still really good. Its just in the final shot he seems to be lacking at the minute, either scuffing it or too putting it close to the keeper. In the last two seasons he was pretty good at finding the corners.

In terms of replacing him though  ;) ;)

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1201282/Liverpool-transfer-news-Kylian-Mbappe-Mohamed-Salah-Real-Madrid-PSG-Jurgen-Klopp-Zidane

J70

Think part of it is Salah's style TBH. He's going 100 miles an hour all the time and often has the ball right at the limits of his control. If his touch is slightly off, he can look poor. And when he's not shooting as well as normal from play, it doesn't help. I don't think he's been that bad though. Maybe he needs a rest after the City game.

dec

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/372633-jurgen-klopp-sean-cox-anfield-return

Jürgen Klopp considers Seán Cox's return to Anfield to be a highlight of his Liverpool career.

The club will host Seán and members of his family on Sunday as the Reds take on Manchester City in a top-of-the-table Premier League game.

It will mark the first time that the lifelong Liverpool fan has been to the stadium since he sustained serious injuries during an unprovoked attack ahead of the Champions League semi-final against AS Roma in April 2018.

And, when asked about Seán's visit during his pre-match press conference on Friday, Klopp said: "When it happened to Seán it was the lowest point for me in my whole time at Liverpool because something like this should not happen in general, in life, but it should not happen around a football game as well [and] it happened around a football game.

"The love that Seán and his family have for this club, for football, I hope that it gave him and them all the strength and power in the recovery time.

"We all know it's not finished yet, we all know there's still a long way to go, but having this – [that] we can give him and them the opportunity to watch a really big game, that he wants to do that... coming from a low point, that's one of my highlights since I am here because it's so nice.

"I am really looking forward to it and I hope that we can organise it so that I can see him for a couple of minutes before the game, I really want to. And because how the Liverpool community deals with it, I hope that he feels that we don't only sing 'You'll Never Walk Alone', we really live that.

"In this specific situation it was very important to show that and we hope, I really hope, that they felt that the whole time and that they will feel that in the future when we can help him with his recovery as well."

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Quote from: Minder on November 08, 2019, 11:00:36 PM
Quote from: under the bar on November 08, 2019, 10:21:41 PM
More violence planned it seems...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/police-warn-fans-ahead-liverpool-17223759

Your nerves must be away

Yep, what a sad, pathetic little p***k, sitting there hoping against hope that something happens so he can rush on to GAAboard to gloat and lay claim to some kind of apparent, sanctimonious moral superiority on account of his being a United supporter.

I guess he needs something to cling to these days! ;D

t_mac

Quote from: under the bar on November 08, 2019, 10:21:41 PM
More violence planned it seems...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/police-warn-fans-ahead-liverpool-17223759

What the fcuk age are you, seriously you are a tool of an individual,  if you are over 18 you should be embarrassed with the shite you post here, hopefully no young child is in your care, poor souls would have no chance in life.

Boycey

Do yis have a competition to see who is the most outraged??