Started by macdanger2, April 06, 2017, 03:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on April 19, 2017, 06:00:24 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 18, 2017, 10:45:53 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 18, 2017, 09:22:19 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 18, 2017, 08:11:18 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 18, 2017, 05:24:14 PM
Darren Freeman and Luke Loughlin who tormented the Roscommon defence last year are apparently no longer with New York and going by their recent scores in challenges of just 1-5 and 0-12 both are badly missed.

Sligos Vinny Cadden who was awarded MOTM last year is still the keeper for New York and this upcoming Connacht championship game is sure to bring mixed feelings for him

Vinny won't have any mixed feelings.....he's a man on a mission I can assure you. It's a damn shame and sadly our club is losing out on his services for the second summer in a row (he'd play midfield for us) through no fault of our own. He's a good lad and hopefully Sligo will be under new management next year.

On Murf - it's a really bad tear. 6 to 8 weeks. Supposedly happened as he turned and was in the last minute of a session on the astro pitch in Bekan. He was in absolute agony from the descriptions I've heard. That news on McIntyre is really bad as he has been very good and improving all through the league. What are his chances of playing Mano?

I heard NY have played 3 challenge matches recently and the results haven't been great but I'm pretty sure the last time we went they only played (and lost to) Boston beforehand.

At least its only weeks and not months like Ger Cafferkey last year who apparently tore his hamstring off the bone. The training on the astro pitch is to get ready for the Bronx surface i presume.

The guy who was updating me on it is close to the setup but he did say it was initially diagnosed as a grade 2 tear but is now supposedly a grade 4 (there's no such thing as a grade 4 tear as far as I know). I'd say the 6-8 week timeframe is accurate though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Grade 4 muscle tear is a complete sever of the muscle and fascia. Don't know how that could be misdiagnosed as a Grade 2

Yeah, it made no sense to me especially when I googled hamstring tears and didn't find anything about grade 4 tears.

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 19, 2017, 11:14:33 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on April 19, 2017, 06:00:24 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 18, 2017, 10:45:53 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 18, 2017, 09:22:19 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 18, 2017, 08:11:18 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 18, 2017, 05:24:14 PM
Darren Freeman and Luke Loughlin who tormented the Roscommon defence last year are apparently no longer with New York and going by their recent scores in challenges of just 1-5 and 0-12 both are badly missed.

Sligos Vinny Cadden who was awarded MOTM last year is still the keeper for New York and this upcoming Connacht championship game is sure to bring mixed feelings for him

Vinny won't have any mixed feelings.....he's a man on a mission I can assure you. It's a damn shame and sadly our club is losing out on his services for the second summer in a row (he'd play midfield for us) through no fault of our own. He's a good lad and hopefully Sligo will be under new management next year.

On Murf - it's a really bad tear. 6 to 8 weeks. Supposedly happened as he turned and was in the last minute of a session on the astro pitch in Bekan. He was in absolute agony from the descriptions I've heard. That news on McIntyre is really bad as he has been very good and improving all through the league. What are his chances of playing Mano?

I heard NY have played 3 challenge matches recently and the results haven't been great but I'm pretty sure the last time we went they only played (and lost to) Boston beforehand.

At least its only weeks and not months like Ger Cafferkey last year who apparently tore his hamstring off the bone. The training on the astro pitch is to get ready for the Bronx surface i presume.

The guy who was updating me on it is close to the setup but he did say it was initially diagnosed as a grade 2 tear but is now supposedly a grade 4 (there's no such thing as a grade 4 tear as far as I know). I'd say the 6-8 week timeframe is accurate though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Grade 4 muscle tear is a complete sever of the muscle and fascia. Don't know how that could be misdiagnosed as a Grade 2

Yeah, it made no sense to me especially when I googled hamstring tears and didn't find anything about grade 4 tears.

Niall Murphy's physician:

http://www.thejournal.ie/omar-hassan-medical-council-2529744-Jan2016/

ck

Sligo were 50/1 and now are 40/1. A lot of wise heads out there!  ;)

sligoman2

Only 2 weeks now till the big apple.  Any update ages on injuries or challenge matches from the sligo camp?

I am expecting a 10 point win for Sligo as I can't see them getting caught on the hop like Roscommon last year.
I certainly hope we're not the first county to lose to NY and London in the Connacht championship.

Murphy is a huge loss but we still have Marren, Kyle Cawley, Pat Hughes, David Kelly, Coen,  Breheny and others who can score with ease.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: sligoman2 on April 24, 2017, 04:24:02 PM
Only 2 weeks now till the big apple.  Any update ages on injuries or challenge matches from the sligo camp?

I am expecting a 10 point win for Sligo as I can't see them getting caught on the hop like Roscommon last year.
I certainly hope we're not the first county to lose to NY and London in the Connacht championship.

Murphy is a huge loss but we still have Marren, Kyle Cawley, Pat Hughes, David Kelly, Coen,  Breheny and others who can score with ease.

I think Leitrim was the first team to lose against London in the Connacht championship back in seventies.

Sligo have plenty of scoring options but at the other end of the field is where Sligos problems are. The odds has got much shorter the last few weeks Sligo 1/8 New York    5/1 with Paddy power now

magpie seanie

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 24, 2017, 05:04:01 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on April 24, 2017, 04:24:02 PM

I think Leitrim was the first team to lose against London in the Connacht championship back in seventies.

Sligo have plenty of scoring options but at the other end of the field is where Sligos problems are. The odds has got much shorter the last few weeks Sligo 1/8 New York    5/1 with Paddy power now

Those odds seem more realistic to me. Everything depends on what they're like. I've no further news bar that Keelan Cawley looked good in our club matches but we're down in Div2 so hard to read much into that.

Rossfan

Well lads and lassies it all starts next Sunday night (Irish time) with the annual public service obligation/ junket for officials farce v NY.
Cribbing complaining about the fixture being a week later than usual meaning he can't use the students on his panel.
Any of our Sligo regulars going?
Are ye fearful of a shock?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 02, 2017, 12:01:37 PM
Well lads and lassies it all starts next Sunday night (Irish time) with the annual public service obligation/ junket for officials farce v NY.
Cribbing complaining about the fixture being a week later than usual meaning he can't use the students on his panel.

The only shock they're in for is the price of a pint of Guinness in Manhattan.

Rossfan

How much?

Wins for NY and London would be the Connacht Council's worst nightmare.
Prenty would have to seek a bail out.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

It was known at the beginning of November that this game would be played May 7th. It's a bit late for Carew to be complaining now.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 02, 2017, 04:59:26 PM

It was known at the beginning of November that this game would be played May 7th. It's a bit late for Carew to be complaining now.

Exam timetables don't come out until a few weeks beforehand, ladeen..

magpie seanie

I hope ye all listened to Uncle Seanie and backed NY @ 11/1. They're now 11/4. Anyone with a bit of cop on would realise that those of us who know what's happening in Sligo aren't give to the "yerra poor mouth act". I haven't cashed out and taken my tidy profit yet because the news that Kevin McDonnell is not travelling is seriously bad for us. The other two players mentioned are for me not difference makers. Carew's cribbing in the media and his general ineptitude are worries. Any word on McIntyre or other players?

I think Conor McGraynor has knocked us out of the championship before (for Wicklow). Ross Wherity is seriously talented (cousin of a lad in my club whose is/was also laden with talent but perhaps not the Jimmy McGuinness type dedication required). Tom Cuniffe obviously. There are several more good, recognisable players and of course Vinny Cadden. I genuinely think we're in trouble.

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 03, 2017, 10:22:40 PM
I hope ye all listened to Uncle Seanie and backed NY @ 11/1. They're now 11/4. Anyone with a bit of cop on would realise that those of us who know what's happening in Sligo aren't give to the "yerra poor mouth act". I haven't cashed out and taken my tidy profit yet because the news that Kevin McDonnell is not travelling is seriously bad for us. The other two players mentioned are for me not difference makers. Carew's cribbing in the media and his general ineptitude are worries. Any word on McIntyre or other players?

I think Conor McGraynor has knocked us out of the championship before (for Wicklow). Ross Wherity is seriously talented (cousin of a lad in my club whose is/was also laden with talent but perhaps not the Jimmy McGuinness type dedication required). Tom Cuniffe obviously. There are several more good, recognisable players and of course Vinny Cadden. I genuinely think we're in trouble.

I hope you didn't waste too much money on that pointless bet.

Hang on, I take that back.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Syferus on May 03, 2017, 10:26:06 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 03, 2017, 10:22:40 PM

I hope you didn't waste too much money on that pointless bet.

Hang on, I take that back.

As of now my bet is worth 3 times the original stake. You really do not understand the most basic things do you? Are you related to Donald Trump?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on May 02, 2017, 05:43:11 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 02, 2017, 04:59:26 PM

Exam timetables don't come out until a few weeks beforehand, ladeen..

The general calendar would have though you'd have thought?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.