Ulster under 21 club championship

Started by randomtask, December 30, 2009, 05:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

Well done to the Burren lads.

You cant beat the bit of tradition  :)

Catch the high ball

Some win by Burren today, lets just see if this team goes through to the senior team, then they will be some propostion!
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

stronghold

Quote from: The Hammer on February 21, 2010, 06:16:05 PM
Burren were the better team, stronger and a lot older than their omagh counterparts... Didn't like the way they tackled at all, high and wild.. Very negative if that was a tactic they set out to play.. But burren played well and took so fine scores !!! Pat was once again biased against tyrone but it was no excuse for not taking their scores

Hammer you must have been at a different game than I.   Omagh where in you face tactics from the very start.  Nipping and pulling jerseys.  The number 6 and 10 from Omagh should have been sent off.  The sub from burren deserved his red card, no question.  But all in all it was a good game of football between two committed team.  The stronger team won on the day.

The Hammer

So what about the off the ball elbow that left the omagh player in hospital ? Omagh number 6 stopped the runner once and got a yellow.. Number 10 from omagh was getting held and punched non stop !! f**k it. Doesn't make a diff to me. I'm a neutral. Its gives down football abit of success I suppose

mournerambler

Burren were the better team, stronger and a lot older than their omagh counterparts... Didn't like the way they tackled at all, high and wild.. Very negative if that was a tactic they set out to play.. But burren played well and took so fine scores !!! Pat was once again biased against tyrone but it was no excuse for not taking their scores

Not sure how this can be the case when it's an U21 competition, I presume it wasn't an Omagh minor team that lined out against Burren & if it indeed was their minors I retract my statement.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: mournerambler on February 21, 2010, 08:25:12 PM

Not sure how this can be the case when it's an U21 competition, I presume it wasn't an Omagh minor team that lined out against Burren & if it indeed was their minors I retract my statement.

To be fair half off the Omagh team are stil minors. Grugan and ONeill are stil only 17. Burren are a well experienced team with about 9 off them regular senior players. Burren had only Donal Ohare, David McEntee and Connor Toner who where minors in 2009. Heartiest congratulations to Burren on their success.

crookes

What your thoughts on the match ups this year?

There was some great games in this competition last year with Omagh winning it after a few tight calls

Where Crookes is, there is light.