Brolly and the GPA

Started by 5 Sams, November 19, 2006, 10:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 20, 2006, 03:39:46 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 20, 2006, 02:28:47 PM

Do all ye Dungiven men either buy or write for thon paper?  Honestly, ye should be ashamed of yourselves, tv mag or not, this is the newspaper that castigated Celtic for allowing some gaelic footballers to show their recently acquired silverware in Celtic Park, the problem being that said trophy was named after a former IRA terrorist - apparently some lad Maguire from London.
They also ran a big story on Nail Bomb Tom (as they called him), or Tom McFeeley from the Foreglen and now one of Dublin's big property players was a fomer terrorist hunger striker.  It was lucky Dungiven didn't win the hurling or there'd have been uproar about the Lynch's playing in Croker.....
I know I know I know

I hate when I buy it....but the only decent paper is the SBP and it doesnt have any sports section...

theskull1

Has anyone else noticed how cagy GPA members from their own clubs are? How come they don't talk about it openly? I really does seem to operate like a secret society who control any correspondence though media channels only. Any group that doesn't encourage open debate is not to be trusted IMO. Joe can put the boot in all he wants AFAIC. They are good medicine for it.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Hound on November 20, 2006, 11:57:29 AM
As with any opinion piece, it should be judged bearing in mind the motivation of the author.

Brolly was one the original 25 lads who met to set up the GPA (90% of whom were Ulstermen incidentally). He'd a fallen out with somebody over something and left. His comments on the GPA are motivated by personal grudge rather than an effort at constructive analysis or criticism.

That doesn't change the fact that his comments are exceedingly accurate, maybe he's seen the light about these money grabbing shower of f**kers, that are only interested in the top tier of GAA players
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Spiritof98

The problem is your another tube (prob a love child of O'Neill) on here to give shit instead of proper debate.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

pintsofguinness

Quote from: NoLondonInTyrone on November 20, 2006, 11:28:07 AM
Quote from: downredblack on November 20, 2006, 10:33:11 AM
When are you and the likes of you who shout that shite at matches going to grow up ??
i bet im more of a gael than you are.
:D  :D   :D
You're a good "gael" alright, talking about "Londonderry".   ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

treborstemme

Thanks for answering there lads.  I hope he gets sorted out by admin!!!!

Banter, Debate all welcome, but not Shit like that. 

TORGAEL

Hit me, kick me, but please dont bore me. NoLondonInTyrone......catch yourself on !

muppet

Whatever about the GPA Brolly is the only one actually getting paid for all of this. Very few make more than he does from his association with our Association. His hypocracy is staggering.
MWWSI 2017

dubnut

Quote from: NoLondonInTyrone on November 21, 2006, 10:14:22 AM
more than half of the people in the north call the place londonderry, irishmen like you and me. maybe the boys here crying to mum should look at their ireland of equals?????

Then your signature reads "there will never be a London in Tyrone"  ::)

I suggest multiple personalities  :o

Bensars

Quote from: Hound on November 20, 2006, 11:57:29 AM
Brolly was one the original 25 lads who met to set up the GPA (90% of whom were Ulstermen incidentally). He'd a fallen out with somebody over something and left. His comments on the GPA are motivated by personal grudge rather than an effort at constructive analysis or criticism.

Correct, and has stated openly, that he still thinks its a good idea. Where the conflict arises however, is the nature in which this is achieved. He realised it was going to become a gravy train for the elite and wisely removed himself from his association with it. IMO i feel he has been consistent in his critique of this organisation. Wheher or not you like the man, he is one that has the balls to go against the tide if he feels it right and proper.
Keep it up joe !!!

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: muppet on November 21, 2006, 02:10:10 AM
Whatever about the GPA Brolly is the only one actually getting paid for all of this. Very few make more than he does from his association with our Association. His hypocracy is staggering.

Spot on the ball. You'll not see him lining the pitch or taking the u12s.

thegael

why should he?

just like the gpa i say if they choose to play then they choose to play so if they are unhappy then choose not to play.

everything is a matter of choice.

joe chooses not to line the pitch good luck to him!

the man is spot on about the gpa, a great speaker and a great gael and irish man.

dungiven should be proud of him. everything he does turns to gold , great hurler ,great footballer , great musician, great talker and i'm sure more great things to come from him.

good luck to joe

Maximus Marillius

...and a great team player, explaining why he watched the 93 game against Down in newry from the stands, and only got into the 93 team at the semi final stage of All Ireland. Took a while for him to learn that its not about Joe. Sounds like he needs a Coleman around him now to teach him a nother good lesson. Other than that, a good guy

thegael

i'm sure joe doesn't worry too much about jealous people.!

max get rid of that jealousy it'll eat you up.

Maximus Marillius

Jealous, as I said a good guy, you would find hard to dislike. Hypocrite...yes