Tipp v Tyrone 18/07/15 Thurles

Started by omagh_gael, July 13, 2015, 08:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

omagh_gael

Mark Bradley's performance yesterday reminded me a lot of Brian Dooher. He also looked our most dangerous scoring threat. Will we continue to see him in a roving role our might Mickey throw him inside to feed off Sean?

BennyHarp

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 13, 2015, 11:14:56 AM
Mark Bradley's performance yesterday reminded me a lot of Brian Dooher. He also looked our most dangerous scoring threat. Will we continue to see him in a roving role our might Mickey throw him inside to feed off Sean?

Is Cathal McShane fit? Would like to him unleashed to rattle into a few Tipp ones again. If we can go 2 or 3 points up in the first 10 mins,  I think we can time waste the rest and hang on.
That was never a square ball!!

Redhand Santa

I was happy enough with big joe on sat given it was his first game starting. Bradley was excellent and McCann made a big difference. Harte and Donnelly have great potential but don't do enough for long enough in games. I'd probably pick a team like this for tipp:

Morgan
McCarron
Mcnamee
Mcrory
Mcnabb
Justy
McCann
Colm
Joe
Harte
Donnelly
Mcshane
Bradley
Sean
Mcaliskey

That would still leave boys like mccurry and oneill to come in as impact subs.

AZOffaly

Jaysus, ye'll win no bother on the Mc side of things anyway.

ONeill

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 13, 2015, 11:14:56 AM

He reminded me more of Penrose in his prime, scurrying around the field without a finger laid on him.

Whilst not deluding myself into thinking this vintage is anything like 2008, the gradual increase in quality of opponent has been ideal so far like it was back then.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

In fairness, even with my bias towards Tipp, this is a good, if not great, Tyrone team and they should have enough about them to beat Tipp. From a Tipp perspective, they need to put in a performance, and if that performance gets the win, then great, but they need to prove they are ready to step up to Tyrone's level in the near future.

ONeill

How do Tipp set up this year? Swarmy, blankety?

twohands!!!

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2015, 11:42:47 AM
How do Tipp set up this year? Swarmy, blankety?

I would say that Tipp are a fairly offensive team  ;D

Their defense is no great shakes but there is serious quality in their attack.

I think this game will turn on how well Tipp do in terms of stopping Tyrone getting goals.

AZOffaly

Tipp would be fairly orthodox, although they do retreat when they lose the ball. They just don't set up particularly defensively. The will try to move the ball through the hands a lot, before feeding the inside line. If they manage to do this at pace, they look impressive. If they get held up, they can struggle to break down the defence, and start hitting wides. I think that's why they are blitzing weaker teams, but struggle to break down the really top teams like Kerry, and I'll assume Tyrone.

If they can win midfield, it sets their platform. They love to bomb on from midfield. And that's where they try to inject the momentum. If Stephen O'Brien is missing it will be a big blow, and they will look to lads like O'Riordan and Acheson to provide that momentum. O'Riordan is not as physically imposing as O'Brien, so I;m not sure they'll be able to impose themselves the way an O'Brien/Acheson or O'Brien/O'Riordan duo might.

ONeill

Looking at their games v Armagh and Fermanagh this year:

Armagh 2-8 Tipp 0-13
Fermanagh 2-9 Tipp 0-11

AZOffaly

Both were away from home, and the Armagh one was a decent performance. Fermanagh was a poor outing by all accounts. But yes, Tyrone would be a level above those, so you'd think Tyrone would be favourites.

tippabu

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2015, 11:51:58 AM
Looking at their games v Armagh and Fermanagh this year:

Armagh 2-8 Tipp 0-13
Fermanagh 2-9 Tipp 0-11

we should have beaten Armagh,  were much the better team with 14 men for most of the 2nd half.

Fermanagh was our worst performance of the year and we still hung in there for a long time. Tyrone will be a step up from both of them
f

ONeill

The winners of this will be hoping for Sligo in the next round and before you know it you could be in the AI QF. Some incentive for Tipp.

I don't think either side would have enough to overcome Monaghan (or Donegal).

County Man

Delighted Tipperary got the home draw. I hope they win.