Football qualifier route 2018

Started by cornetto, April 04, 2018, 12:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Quote from: Oraisteach on June 24, 2018, 02:13:37 AM
Macdanger, forgive me, but what's your County?  I'd like Armagh to avoid Monaghan and Mayo.An Armagh vs Tyrone matchup would be a heated affair, especially in light of the U20 fracas.
So you think Armagh will start a fracas to take the attention off another hammering then?

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Jinxy on June 24, 2018, 10:08:49 PM
100% a black card for McKernan and I think that particular rule re abusing the officials should be rigidly enforced.

He was hilarious, "you just want to get on the Sunday game". 100% the right decision and also the right decision to black card the first lad. It's hardly the linesman fault he did a completely unnecessary hand trip for absolutely no reason
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Jinxy

I know the game was practically over but McKiernan instigated the row at the end by goading his opponent twice.
Another black card offence.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

Quote from: Jinxy on June 24, 2018, 11:32:25 PM
I know the game was practically over but McKiernan instigated the row at the end by goading his opponent twice.

Very unlike gearoid. He must've been getting abuse himself during the match. He's often targeted by the opposition spoiler

Jinxy

I've 100% no doubt he was reacting to previous behaviour by the Down defender, but the victory should have been sufficient vindication.
Just shake his hand and ask him what his holiday plans are.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on June 24, 2018, 11:35:48 PM

Very unlike gearoid. He must've been getting abuse himself during the match. He's often targeted by the opposition spoiler

Gearoid has history. Remember his behaviour against Monaghan?

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 24, 2018, 11:40:12 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 24, 2018, 11:35:48 PM

Gearoid has history. Remember his behaviour against Monaghan?

True but for years I was looking to see him give someone a slap as he allowed himself took out of a game by rough treatment from opposition players. I give him a pass based on that but he needs to get smarter than that. I could see our lads get off those reds as I see no striking whatsoever

Jinxy

I saw at least two Down players throwing punches anyway, but they stick out a mile in the red jerseys.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Jinxy on June 24, 2018, 11:59:06 PM
I saw at least two Down players throwing punches anyway, but they stick out a mile in the red jerseys.

Saw that alright but haven't seen one Cavan punch. And have watched it back few times.

armaghniac

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 25, 2018, 12:05:39 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 24, 2018, 11:59:06 PM

Saw that alright but haven't seen one Cavan punch. And have watched it back few times.

A Cavan man wouldn't even give you a thump.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jinxy

If he did, he'd expect two in return.

Stan Laurel

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 24, 2018, 10:12:39 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on June 24, 2018, 02:13:37 AM
Macdanger, forgive me, but what's your County?  I'd like Armagh to avoid Monaghan and Mayo.An Armagh vs Tyrone matchup would be a heated affair, especially in light of the U20 fracas.
So you think Armagh will start a fracas to take the attention off another hammering then?

Maybe Tyrone should have started one against Dublin, oh no they would have been hammered out the gate twice.

tonto1888

Quote from: Jinxy on June 24, 2018, 11:39:38 PM
I've 100% no doubt he was reacting to previous behaviour by the Down defender, but the victory should have been sufficient vindication.
Just shake his hand and ask him what his holiday plans are.

Easier said than done at times

Schkite

Kildare v Mayo
Armagh v Clare
Leitrim v Monaghan
Cavan v Tyrone

tonto1888