Derry v Kildare - Derry
Meath v Tyrone - Tyrone
London v Louth - London
Wicklow v Cavan - Cavan
Offaly v Antrim - Who knows
Limerick v Mayo - Mayo
Westmeath v Armagh - Westmeath
Wexford v Waterford - Wexford

Don't let our performance v Fermanagh fool you. We'll be coming out of Mullingar with a win.

That's my version of Milltown Row's reverse psychology :)

Ah no, I think Westmeath in Mullingar will be tough again for ye, and their defences will be up after yer shocking behaviour last time around :)

cornetto

In fairness it will be round three before the cream of the qualifiers come to the top and then it gets interesting as the 8 winners of round 2 are pitted against each other.
still it's an interesting sideshow.i might be a bit more interested if my beloved Galway end up in round 2!!!😁

tippabu

Quote from: cornetto on May 28, 2018, 10:02:23 AM
In fairness it will be round three before the cream of the qualifiers come to the top and then it gets interesting as the 8 winners of round 2 are pitted against each other.
still it's an interesting sideshow.i might be a bit more interested if my beloved Galway end up in round 2!!!😁

It looks like tipp, Clare, laois/carlow, longford, leitrim, Sligo, fermanagh, down playing the winners, there's nothing in there that will scare anyone. Rounds 3/4 is where it should come to life.

BennyCake

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2018, 09:58:40 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 28, 2018, 09:56:50 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2018, 09:05:37 AM
First named teams at home unless a D1/2 team playing D3/D4? If so,

Derry v Kildare - Derry
Meath v Tyrone - Tyrone
London v Louth - London
Wicklow v Cavan - Cavan
Offaly v Antrim - Who knows
Limerick v Mayo - Mayo
Westmeath v Armagh - Westmeath
Wexford v Waterford - Wexford

Don't let our performance v Fermanagh fool you. We'll be coming out of Mullingar with a win.

That's my version of Milltown Row's reverse psychology :)

Ah no, I think Westmeath in Mullingar will be tough again for ye, and their defences will be up after yer shocking behaviour last time around :)

Aye, I admit, stealing the game in injury time wasn't very gentleman-like from us.

thejuice

Nice handy draw for us at home. Meath by 10 points.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Itchy

Quote from: thejuice on May 28, 2018, 11:45:28 AM
Nice handy draw for us at home. Meath by 10 points.

If ye lose it will have been a pretty crap season. Close to relegation Div 2, beaten in Leinster by Longford and out in the 1st round of qualifiers. Can your manager survive a year like that?

Orior

Quote from: seafoid on May 28, 2018, 09:42:50 AM
Quote from: illdecide on May 28, 2018, 09:42:09 AM
What's the dates for these games
9 and 10 of June

What a pity its not the 8th June, after the repeal of the 8th, for these 8 matches, to get into the super 8s.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AZOffaly

I presume most of these matches will be Saturday evenings, given the Hurling Round Robin and Leinster and Ulster football matches already on the 10th?

Orior

I think Armagh ones are so pissed aff with the performance against Fermanagh, that those who are bothered will head down to Athlone with zero expectations.

The chances of a run like last year is highly unlikely.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

LCohen

Few will travel to Mullingar and even less to Athlone.

Confidence is rock bottom. Neither team have much current cause for optimism. That said there is little by way of added quality likely to come from the defeated provincial semi finalists. We would have to win 2 games before encountering Mayo or Tyrone. All is not lost yet.

But yes Enniskillen was pitiful and any similar exit from the qualifiers would surely signal the end of McGeeney with Armagh and probably inter county management

Baile an tuaigh

I feel bad for Armagh went to see them in the championship a couple of times last year and they brought a massive colorful following. Would love to see them do well for their supporters.

LCohen

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on May 28, 2018, 01:07:17 PM
I feel bad for Armagh went to see them in the championship a couple of times last year and they brought a massive colorful following. Would love to see them do well for their supporters.

We will bring that again.

Our 2017 campaign is a prototype of what many counties will see in the new format. Building a momentum through the qualifiers but getting no closer to winning a game in the last 8. This years super 8 are likely to be the provincial winners, the losing finalists in Ulster and Connacht and Mayo and Tyrone. If the latter 2 play each other beforehand or the losers in Connacht or Ulster finals then a space will open up for someone else. But in those circumstances there is a fair chance that team will lose 3 games and be destroyed in at least 2.

Armagh were humiliated in Croke Park by Tyrone. Difficult to bounce back from but more difficult again if you are on the end of 2 or 3 such hammerings

This format will allow you to extract short term glory from out running the also rans without getting a step closer to the elite

JGDoire

Fancy Derry to beat Kildare :-)

macdanger2

Quote from: tippabu on May 28, 2018, 10:26:32 AM
Quote from: cornetto on May 28, 2018, 10:02:23 AM

It looks like tipp, Clare, laois/carlow, longford, leitrim, Sligo, fermanagh, down playing the winners, there's nothing in there that will scare anyone. Rounds 3/4 is where it should come to life.

Tipp probably the team to avoid there

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.