Started by oakleaflad, October 21, 2019, 10:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawshank

Quote from: LCohen on November 02, 2019, 08:45:23 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on November 02, 2019, 08:40:34 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 02, 2019, 08:33:26 PM
Hurson isn't going to want to watch this back

Agreed

Questionable decisions in every game and player antics don't help but there were 2 in particular that Hurson simply has no excuse for. The first (the Rico Kelly one) was as poor as they come. In a one point margin game there has to be big questions over Hurson's accuracy and judgement

Don't forget the non free he awarded tonCrossmaglen in the first half when the Clon defender cleanly hit the ball away from Cian McConville which was easy for O Neill to convert. Another crap decision

Ed Ricketts

Hurson usually decent enough, but not this evening. Made a shit game even harder to watch.

Cross pretty poor on the night, but still had loads of chances to nick that at the end.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

yellowcard

Hurson give Clontibret 2 non existent scoreable free kicks in the second half but Cross left it too late, they gave themselves too much to do after a poor first half performance. Both sides hit a lot of bad wides and aside from Clontibret's play in the first 15 minutes it was a very poor quality spectacle. Desperate conditions though, Athletic Grounds looked in very poor shape.

GiveItToTheShooters

Ref a bit whistle happy on the scoreable frees for both teams but Cross can have no complaints they were really bad. Can't see clontibret lasting much longer either

tonto1888

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 02, 2019, 08:51:44 PM
Ref a bit whistle happy on the scoreable frees for both teams but Cross can have no complaints they were really bad. Can't see clontibret lasting much longer either

Missed too many chances they would normally have taken. As an armagh man, not a cross man tho, it's disappointing but at keast we have the players available for the league

PTC

If McManus had of brought his shooting boots cross would of been beat out the gate

yellowcard

I wouldn't judge either side too much on tonight's showing, conditions looked horrendous but leaving aside a few dubious decisions Cross had every chance to win that match but didn't. A bit of inexperience told and John McEntee knew the opposition inside out which was a big advantage. I fancied Cross to win Ulster but they still have a bit to go yet on that showing as I can't see Clontibret winning it.

general_lee

Clontibret that wee bit more balanced and deserved the win. Even withstanding poor refereeing cross could have nicked that. Poor spectacle but some good fielding by Clontibret in round the middle. Really expected Cross to turn the thing around but they were always chasing, Clontibret deserved it in the end

marty34

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 02, 2019, 08:43:58 PM
Quote from: marty34 on November 02, 2019, 08:14:05 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 02, 2019, 08:01:03 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on November 02, 2019, 07:58:57 PM
When are the spuds due to be picked in the Athletic Grounds. I know there was a game before hand but the pitch is very very bad

Double headers a bad idea but lack of stewards and playable pitches elsewhere

It'll be great for the Ulster club camogie and hurling finals next week - great for the small ball game!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think it's fair on the players to play on that next week.
In all fairness the groundstaff are superb. Horrible evening most other pitches and that game wouldn't  have gone ahead.

True Armagh18. Not having a go at Athletic Grounds or staff.

Just think it's not fair for camogs and hurlers to play on it!

keeperlit

Quote from: yellowcard on November 02, 2019, 09:03:49 PM
I wouldn't judge either side too much on tonight's showing, conditions looked horrendous but leaving aside a few dubious decisions Cross had every chance to win that match but didn't. A bit of inexperience told and John McEntee knew the opposition inside out which was a big advantage. I fancied Cross to win Ulster but they still have a bit to go yet on that showing as I can't see Clontibret winning it.
Conditions brutal but a few things I can't understand - Johnny Hanratty & Paul Mckeown have played very little championship football this year and are threw into starting line up tonight. Match rustiness obvious with these two in first half and feel that this added to the complete shapelessness of cross in 1st half along with a half back line that felt it did not need to mark their opposing number. Cross could not get theirs hands on a ball in first fifteen/twenty minutes- why did they not try and work a few short kickouts? McEntee had clontibret well drilled and well set up. Fully deserved win for Clontribet imo with them showing the sort of composure that you would usually associate with cross teams.

Carbery

Watched the match on BBC Streaming Service and I must say I enjoyed it considering the terrible conditions.
Found the analysist someone called Clarke most annoying and irritating to listen to.

Solo_run

Quote from: Carbery on November 02, 2019, 11:03:01 PM
Watched the match on BBC Streaming Service and I must say I enjoyed it considering the terrible conditions.
Found the analysist someone called Clarke most annoying and irritating to listen to.

That's why I muted it

regal

I think Armagh's odds of winning promotion will have shortened after tonight. I'd imagine Armagh management will be delighted to have a full hand to chose from for the first league match. Cross nr 6 showed up well I thought.

Take out the O'Neill's and cross are very very ordinary. Although ulster is wide open I can't see clontibret winning it tbh.

Perhaps John mcentee could be enticed into the Armagh management for 2019?

Throw ball

Quote from: regal on November 02, 2019, 11:56:55 PM
I think Armagh's odds of winning promotion will have shortened after tonight. I'd imagine Armagh management will be delighted to have a full hand to chose from for the first league match. Cross nr 6 showed up well I thought.

Take out the O'Neill's and cross are very very ordinary. Although ulster is wide open I can't see clontibret winning it tbh.

Perhaps John mcentee could be enticed into the Armagh management for 2019?

Maybe for 2020 would be better !! ;)

Hoof Hearted

NEW Winners  on the S McFerran cup for 2019
Who will it be ?
7/1 for everyone left IMO
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012