Ulster Club SFC 2019

Started by oakleaflad, October 21, 2019, 10:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Clontibret well worth their lead. Cross with a few bad wides. I don't think they will pull this one back

Nanderson

When are the spuds due to be picked in the Athletic Grounds. I know there was a game before hand but the pitch is very very bad

LCohen

Cross deservedly behind but the deficit is not insurmountable. A few tweaks required and Clontibret no mugs but not giving up just yet

LCohen

Quote from: Nanderson on November 02, 2019, 07:58:57 PM
When are the spuds due to be picked in the Athletic Grounds. I know there was a game before hand but the pitch is very very bad

Double headers a bad idea but lack of stewards and playable pitches elsewhere

marty34

Quote from: LCohen on November 02, 2019, 08:01:03 PM

It'll be great for the Ulster club camogie and hurling finals next week - great for the small ball game!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think it's fair on the players to play on that next week.

Nanderson

Anyone else think the referee has been brutal? Doesn't play advantage when he should and calling ghost fouls on players. Must be trying to get his name out there. Could be the difference at the end of the game

LCohen

Hurson isn't going to want to watch this back

tonto1888

MK

Quote from: Nanderson on November 02, 2019, 08:33:20 PM
Anyone else think the referee has been brutal? Doesn't play advantage when he should and calling ghost fouls on players. Must be trying to get his name out there. Could be the difference at the end of the game

Without doubt -Hurson the difference in a 1 point game

An Watcher

Couple of very soft frees against cross there. No doubt the ref cost them

Armagh18

Quote from: marty34 on November 02, 2019, 08:14:05 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 02, 2019, 08:01:03 PM

It'll be great for the Ulster club camogie and hurling finals next week - great for the small ball game!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think it's fair on the players to play on that next week.
In all fairness the groundstaff are superb. Horrible evening most other pitches and that game wouldn't  have gone ahead. 

Armagh18

Ref was poor, couple of woeful frees called. But Cross only themselves to blame didn't perform at all.

LCohen

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 02, 2019, 08:40:34 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 02, 2019, 08:33:26 PM

Agreed

Questionable decisions in every game and player antics don't help but there were 2 in particular that Hurson simply has no excuse for. The first (the Rico Kelly one) was as poor as they come. In a one point margin game there has to be big questions over Hurson's accuracy and judgement

ardchieftain

Mr. McEntee man of the match. Ref was very poor.

tonto1888

Quote from: LCohen on November 02, 2019, 08:45:23 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on November 02, 2019, 08:40:34 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 02, 2019, 08:33:26 PM

Agreed

Questionable decisions in every game and player antics don't help but there were 2 in particular that Hurson simply has no excuse for. The first (the Rico Kelly one) was as poor as they come. In a one point margin game there has to be big questions over Hurson's accuracy and judgement

Can't disagree woth that at all. Have to say tho has cross brought their shooting boots the result may have been different.