Ulster Club SFC 2019

Started by oakleaflad, October 21, 2019, 10:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: StephenC on October 25, 2019, 02:56:23 PM
If someone from Donegal came on here and claimed that the reason why Donegal clubs haven't done well in Ulster is that our club championship is too strong etc. they would (correctly) be laughed out of it.

What a load of shite this thred has turned into.

I'm loving it, I never got the whole Tyrone snobbery until now, best few days reading
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Keyser soze on October 25, 2019, 02:58:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2019, 02:50:42 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on October 25, 2019, 02:42:50 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2019, 02:38:44 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on October 25, 2019, 02:27:58 PM
These Tyrone ones are quare craic, best to give them a fool's pardon.
Their bizarre assumption that because their championship is so 'competitive' means that it is of a high quality. That myth is firmly debunked on looking at their record in the Ulster CSFC.
They're not good enough and haven't been good enough. Quite simple really.

It's utterly false to say it's debunked, Tyrone teams more than hold their own in Ulster.

You look at the likes of Maghery getting a double digit clipping from Kilcoo and Armagh Harps getting knocked out by Derrygonnely to tell you the level of Armagh club football outside of Cross.

Sure Galbally made light work of Grange in the intermediate last week.
I didn't mention Armagh football, but continue to deflect the point as if Derrygonelly and Kilcoo aren't seasoned Ulster campaigners..
"Holding their own" doesn't win Ulster titles.

I'm not deflecting, I'm arguing my point - maybe you're trying to discuss a different argument.

Cross and Slaughtneil have won 7 of the 9 Ulster titles this decade. They were the best club sides in Ulster those years but they were definitely aided by the lack of competition in their own county championships.

The Tyrone championship is definitely the toughest and the one with the highest amount of quality sides in Ulster. Of the top 20 club sides in Ulster I would say that we would certainly have 6/7 teams in it. I don't think any other county in Ulster would have near that.

Sure the same number of Derry clubs have won their county championship over the past 20 years as Tyrone clubs.  You are completely delusional.

Ballinderry, Coleraine and Slaughtneil have won 9 of the 10 Derry titles in this decade.

That doesn't say much for competition in this decade.

It looks like you are being completely subjective here and not paying any heed to the facts.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2019, 03:01:17 PM
Their bizarre assumption that because their championship is so 'competitive' means that it is of a high quality. That myth is firmly debunked on looking at their record in the Ulster CSFC.

It's utterly false to say it's debunked, Tyrone teams more than hold their own in Ulster.

You look at the likes of Maghery getting a double digit clipping from Kilcoo and Armagh Harps getting knocked out by Derrygonnely to tell you the level of Armagh club football outside of Cross.

I didn't mention Armagh football, but continue to deflect the point as if Derrygonelly and Kilcoo aren't seasoned Ulster campaigners..

I'm not deflecting, I'm arguing my point - maybe you're trying to discuss a different argument.

Cross and Slaughtneil have won 7 of the 9 Ulster titles this decade. They were the best club sides in Ulster those years but they were definitely aided by the lack of competition in their own county championships.

The Tyrone championship is definitely the toughest and the one with the highest amount of quality sides in Ulster. Of the top 20 club sides in Ulster I would say that we would certainly have 6/7 teams in it. I don't think any other county in Ulster would have near that.

Sure the same number of Derry clubs have won their county championship over the past 20 years as Tyrone clubs.  You are completely delusional.

Ballinderry, Coleraine and Slaughtneil have won 9 of the 10 Derry titles in this decade.

It looks like you are being completely subjective here and not paying any heed to the facts.
I think you're not paying any heed to the fact that "competitiveness" does not equal quality.

Milltown Row2

The competition started in 1968, base your facts from the start. One team from Tyrone... just one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on October 25, 2019, 03:04:51 PM

I think you're not paying any heed to the fact that "competitiveness" does not equal quality.

In Tyrone's case it does, we've had 7 different entrants at Ulster this decade and they have all been very competitive. Here's the results for you again, no double digit trimmings, the heaviest defeat was by 6 points and that was to the kingpins of Ulster club football this decade who won the Ulster club out on those years.

2018 - Coalisland - lost to Cross by 2 pts
2017 - Omagh - lost to Slaughtneil by 2 pts (Eventual winners)
2016 - Killyclogher - beat Cargin by 5, lost to Slaughtneil by 6 (Eventual winners)
2015 - Trillick - beat Naomh Conaill by 1, lost to Scotstown by 2 (Runners up to Cross in extra time)
2014 - Omagh - beat Crossmaglen by 2, beat St Eunans by 3, lost to Slaughtneil by 1 (Eventual winners)
2013 - Clonoe - Lost to Ballinderry by 4 (Eventual winners)
2012 - Errigal - beat Mullahoran by 17, beat Ballindery by 1, lost to Cross by 6 (Eventual winners)
2011 - Dromore - Lost to Ballinderry by 2
2010 - Coalisland - Beat Roslea by 3, lost to Naomh Conaill by 1

It's not as if Tyrone teams are getting turned over by Cavan, Fermanagh or Antrim champions or are on the receiving end of double digit drummings.

imtommygunn

What is your point again?

Tyrone teams don't get hammered in the ulster club?

Tyrone teams will be competitive in the ulster club?

Tyrone have more depth than anyone else?

Tyrone teams are at a disadvantage because their championship is so competitive?

All of the above? Any of the above?

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2019, 03:05:07 PM

The competition started in 1968, base your facts from the start. One team from Tyrone... just one

As I said earlier, my interest is solely on the present and recent past which is relevant to the discussion. In the 1960s, Cavan had won 37 Ulster Championships, Tyrone had 2 and Donegal had none. Times change.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2019, 03:09:01 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on October 25, 2019, 03:04:51 PM

In Tyrone's case it does, we've had 7 different entrants at Ulster this decade and they have all been very competitive. Here's the results for you again, no double digit trimmings, the heaviest defeat was by 6 points and that was to the kingpins of Ulster club football this decade who won the Ulster club out on those years.

2018 - Coalisland - lost to Cross by 2 pts
2017 - Omagh - lost to Slaughtneil by 2 pts (Eventual winners)
2016 - Killyclogher - beat Cargin by 5, lost to Slaughtneil by 6 (Eventual winners)
2015 - Trillick - beat Naomh Conaill by 1, lost to Scotstown by 2 (Runners up to Cross in extra time)
2014 - Omagh - beat Crossmaglen by 2, beat St Eunans by 3, lost to Slaughtneil by 1 (Eventual winners)
2013 - Clonoe - Lost to Ballinderry by 4 (Eventual winners)
2012 - Errigal - beat Mullahoran by 17, beat Ballindery by 1, lost to Cross by 6 (Eventual winners)
2011 - Dromore - Lost to Ballinderry by 2
2010 - Coalisland - Beat Roslea by 3, lost to Naomh Conaill by 1

It's not as if Tyrone teams are getting turned over by Cavan, Fermanagh or Antrim champions or are on the receiving end of double digit drummings.

Getting bate by 30 or by one is still bate!!! Jesus! It just means you have to try harder

trueblue1234

Lads no harm but you's are only encouraging him.....
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2019, 03:12:06 PM

As I said earlier, my interest is solely on the present and recent past which is relevant to the discussion. In the 1960s, Cavan had won 37 Ulster Championships, Tyrone had 2 and Donegal had none. Times change.

Times change and Tyrone are still rubbish at club level in Ulster and beyond. You must be 18

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 25, 2019, 03:11:27 PM
What is your point again?

Tyrone teams don't get hammered in the ulster club?

Tyrone teams will be competitive in the ulster club?

Tyrone have more depth than anyone else?

Tyrone teams are at a disadvantage because their championship is so competitive?

All of the above? Any of the above?

Whoever comes out of Tyrone will not look out of place at this level and are capable of mixing it and going on and winning it.

There are other county championships which are processions for their champions and it certainly aids them in both building up experience and know how at this level and also in reserving their energy and tailoring their plans and focus for further on in the year.

The stats overwhelmingly support this.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2019, 03:14:59 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2019, 03:12:06 PM

Times change and Tyrone are still rubbish at club level in Ulster and beyond. You must be 18

Are they though, because two clubs have won 7 of the last 9 Ulster championships and Cross are favourites again this year to make it 8 in 10?

Does that mean every other club bar those two in Ulster are rubbish. I take it that if I'm 18 that makes you 13 - one of use has an avatar of a busty woman and it's not me.

Keyser soze

Right so 4 different clubs have won Derry in 10 years. That's a much better ratio than 8 clubs in 20 years right enough. Derry teams have been Ulster champions 4 times in that period. Your a clown.

Angelo

Quote from: Keyser soze on October 25, 2019, 03:24:04 PM

Right so 4 different clubs have won Derry in 10 years. That's a much better ratio than 8 clubs in 20 years right enough. Derry teams have been Ulster champions 4 times in that period. Your a clown.

Well Slaughtneil have 3 of them, Ballinderry got there on their 3rd attempt in succession.

Slaughtneil and Cross have been the dominant sides this decade, as for the rest - not a whole pile in them. The difference is that it seems to be the same clubs nearly every year coming out of those counties while Tyrone have produced 7 different winners who have all looked good enough at Ulster level. Just look at the fall off of Armagh clubs when it's not Cross representing them, this will also be their 8 attempt at an Ulster this decade, Slaughtneil had 4, Ballinderry had 3, this will be Kilcoo's 7th, Scotstown had 5. No Tyrone club has had more than 2 cracks at Ulster this decade.

I agree that Cross and Slaughtneil have been the two best clubs in Ulster in the past decade, I think it's quite clear that beyond them, there doesn't seem to be a whole pile else.

t_mac

Quote from: StephenC on October 25, 2019, 02:56:23 PM
If someone from Donegal came on here and claimed that the reason why Donegal clubs haven't done well in Ulster is that our club championship is too strong etc. they would (correctly) be laughed out of it.

What a load of shite this thred has turned into.

I feel sorry for the genuine Tyrone posters on here whom have fell away since the kids were allowed to register.