Quote from: topofthesoil on October 24, 2019, 02:01:29 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 24, 2019, 11:42:41 AM
Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2019, 11:32:34 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on October 24, 2019, 10:39:45 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 24, 2019, 10:31:45 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on October 24, 2019, 10:20:59 AM
Quote from: Angelo on October 24, 2019, 10:08:01 AM
Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2019, 09:58:39 AM
Not senior obviously, but I checked out the winners in the St. Paul's Minour Tournament in Belfast.
At the top:
Derry - 16 winners
Tyrone - 4 winners
Antrim - 3 winners
Armagh - 3 winners
Donegal - 3 winners
Fermanagh - 2 winners
Cavan - 1 winner
Monaghan - 1 winner

Tyrone have serious underage talent but getting into Ulster club, whatever age group, they, for whatever reason, don't do it.

Tyrone is a meritocracy, there is no super club, it's highly competitive, we have by far the best success rate in junior and intermediate in the past decade and you have a case like Trillick a few years back who lost an intermediate final and won the senior championship the subsequent season and narrowly lost out to Scotstown in Ulster.

There are 6 or 7 senior clubs who would go into the Ulster Championship and be more than capable of holding their own, I don't think any other county in Ulster would be capable of that now.
I think the top 6 or 7 in Derry are stronger than the top 6 or 7 in Tyrone.
Not a chance
Any logic to go with that? Derry have been much more successful in any possible Ulster competition. Ulster club championship speaks for itself. Even the pre-season Ulster league has been won by Derry teams more than any other county. Tyrone folk seem to think their club sides are much stronger at senior level than they are.

Tyrone people are delusional about the quality of their championship - when they go into Ulster, they are found out. It's competitive as they are 4 or 5 teams at the same level but that's different re: quality of team.

5 or 6 different teams have won Cavan championship this past 10 years -doesn't mean they're brill as when in Ulster club championship, they don't succeed.

My take on it is Tyrone people are more county based - they love the county football.
Thats wrong too, a lot of people in Tyrone don't follow the county and would rather the club games continued rather than a stop for county games

Also, Tyrone always go further than the likes of Derry, Armagh, Cavan, Down in the county scene every year. After the likes of Derry etc are knocked out early they can go back to there clubs a lot earlier and train with them, and also then nothing is holding the club championship back. Unlike in Tyrone they play to near enough the last 4 or final get beat, and a week later the club championship begins.

Errrr...Derry championship final was last week-end.  Tyrone's club final was the week before.

More waffle.

general_lee

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 24, 2019, 02:22:00 PM
Quote from: general_lee on October 24, 2019, 02:14:38 PM
Tyrone undoubtedly has the best club football in Ulster across Senior, Inter and Junior. Highly competitive across all three grades. I'd much prefer a club scene  like Tyrone than what we currently have in Armagh - a senior championship dominated by one club with no other club that has the balls to take them on, an intermediate championship that is at best mediocre standard and a junior championship where half the teams in it wouldn't win a match against most clubs reserve teams let alone a division 2 Donegal club on the Ulster stage. I'd go out on a limb here and say Armagh probably has the worst championship in Ulster in terms of set up, standard, competitiveness, and excitement. I'd say most people in Armagh would agree

Why do other side's fear Cross so much? Never got my head around it. I remember once a Cullyhana man telling me he was going to Croker to support Cross. Ye wouldn't get that in Derry 😅
Well the thing about cross is they have quite a substantial "catchment area" for want of a better term  ;)

in all seriousness though they get plenty of well wishers in the county especially on the all Ireland stage. I'm not sure why other clubs fear them, maghery for example don't exactly fear them, they just don't have the tools (imo) to beat them again at championship level. Ballymacnab on the other hand are good enough but just lack the know how, killer instinct, cuteness, whatever it is, to get them over the line. Likewise Armagh Harps, and Cullyhanna, are probably good enough, but need a lot to go in their favour for it to happen in the next couple of years. Ironically Sarsfield's who are relegated to intermediate football have given cross their "closest" championship match, getting to within 4 points of them  ::)

marty34

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 24, 2019, 02:29:49 PM
Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2019, 02:27:33 PM
Not senior obviously, but I checked out the winners in the St. Paul's Minour Tournament in Belfast.
At the top:
Derry - 16 winners
Tyrone - 4 winners
Antrim - 3 winners
Armagh - 3 winners
Donegal - 3 winners
Fermanagh - 2 winners
Cavan - 1 winner
Monaghan - 1 winner

Tyrone have serious underage talent but getting into Ulster club, whatever age group, they, for whatever reason, don't do it.

Tyrone is a meritocracy, there is no super club, it's highly competitive, we have by far the best success rate in junior and intermediate in the past decade and you have a case like Trillick a few years back who lost an intermediate final and won the senior championship the subsequent season and narrowly lost out to Scotstown in Ulster.

There are 6 or 7 senior clubs who would go into the Ulster Championship and be more than capable of holding their own, I don't think any other county in Ulster would be capable of that now.
Not a chance
Any logic to go with that? Derry have been much more successful in any possible Ulster competition. Ulster club championship speaks for itself. Even the pre-season Ulster league has been won by Derry teams more than any other county. Tyrone folk seem to think their club sides are much stronger at senior level than they are.

Tyrone people are delusional about the quality of their championship - when they go into Ulster, they are found out. It's competitive as they are 4 or 5 teams at the same level but that's different re: quality of team.

5 or 6 different teams have won Cavan championship this past 10 years -doesn't mean they're brill as when in Ulster club championship, they don't succeed.

My take on it is Tyrone people are more county based - they love the county football.
Thats wrong too, a lot of people in Tyrone don't follow the county and would rather the club games continued rather than a stop for county games

Also, Tyrone always go further than the likes of Derry, Armagh, Cavan, Down in the county scene every year. After the likes of Derry etc are knocked out early they can go back to there clubs a lot earlier and train with them, and also then nothing is holding the club championship back. Unlike in Tyrone they play to near enough the last 4 or final get beat, and a week later the club championship begins.

Errrr...Derry championship final was last week-end.  Tyrone's club final was the week before.

More waffle.

And how long ago was Derry out of the championship? All that free time to train with there clubs, to work on, employ and prefect systemss and/or styles of play.

There was no meaningful football in Derry for about 2 months.

Tyrone, at senior club level not good enough - simple as.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2019, 02:36:00 PM
At the top:
Derry - 16 winners
Tyrone - 4 winners
Antrim - 3 winners
Armagh - 3 winners
Donegal - 3 winners
Fermanagh - 2 winners
Cavan - 1 winner
Monaghan - 1 winner

Not a chance

More waffle.

And how long ago was Derry out of the championship? All that free time to train with there clubs, to work on, employ and prefect systemss and/or styles of play.

Tyrone club football is shut down for about 6 weeks also

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: BennyCake on October 24, 2019, 02:26:25 PM
Tyrone undoubtedly has the best club football in Ulster across Senior, Inter and Junior. Highly competitive across all three grades. I'd much prefer a club scene  like Tyrone than what we currently have in Armagh - a senior championship dominated by one club with no other club that has the balls to take them on, an intermediate championship that is at best mediocre standard and a junior championship where half the teams in it wouldn't win a match against most clubs reserve teams let alone a division 2 Donegal club on the Ulster stage. I'd go out on a limb here and say Armagh probably has the worst championship in Ulster in terms of set up, standard, competitiveness, and excitement. I'd say most people in Armagh would agree

A bit disrespectful there. Cullyhanna did, and Maghery did twice, in recent years.

Taking us on and beating us is 2 different things. 3 times in 24 years. I'd say we will win at least 7 of the next 10 also.

marty34

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 24, 2019, 02:42:06 PM
At the top:
Derry - 16 winners
Tyrone - 4 winners
Antrim - 3 winners
Armagh - 3 winners
Donegal - 3 winners
Fermanagh - 2 winners
Cavan - 1 winner
Monaghan - 1 winner

Not a chance

More waffle.

So? No excuses. 

Pearse Blue

Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2019, 02:47:36 PM
At the top:
Derry - 16 winners
Tyrone - 4 winners
Antrim - 3 winners
Armagh - 3 winners
Donegal - 3 winners
Fermanagh - 2 winners
Cavan - 1 winner
Monaghan - 1 winner

Not a chance

More waffle.

So? No excuses.
Shur down for 6/8 weeks, Tyrone are beat and you get a league game the following weekend and straight into championship

marty34

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 24, 2019, 02:53:37 PM
At the top:
Derry - 16 winners
Tyrone - 4 winners
Antrim - 3 winners
Armagh - 3 winners
Donegal - 3 winners
Fermanagh - 2 winners
Cavan - 1 winner
Monaghan - 1 winner

Not a chance

More waffle.

So? No excuses.
Shur down for 6/8 weeks, Tyrone are beat and you get a league game the following weekend and straight into championship

So no Tyrone club teams are allowed to train or play chsllenge matches for 2 months?

Stop looking for excuses - as I say, county football takes priorty in Tyrone.  Clubs need an uprising!!

Pearse Blue

Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2019, 02:57:18 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 24, 2019, 02:53:37 PM
At the top:
Derry - 16 winners
Tyrone - 4 winners
Antrim - 3 winners
Armagh - 3 winners
Donegal - 3 winners
Fermanagh - 2 winners
Cavan - 1 winner
Monaghan - 1 winner

Not a chance

More waffle.

So? No excuses.

So no Tyrone club teams are allowed to train or play chsllenge matches for 2 months?

Stop looking for excuses - as I say, county football takes priorty in Tyrone.  Clubs need an uprising!!
Priority to the county board yes, they dont give a shit until the county scene is finished

t_mac

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 24, 2019, 02:43:48 PM

A bit disrespectful there. Cullyhanna did, and Maghery did twice, in recent years.

Taking us on and beating us is 2 different things. 3 times in 24 years. I'd say we will win at least 7 of the next 10 also.

Only 7, are you not turning up for the other three?

Estimator

So what is the excuse for prior to 2003?
You do realise the Ulster Senior Club Championship has been going since 1968
Ulster League Champions 2009

t_mac

Quote from: Estimator on October 24, 2019, 03:25:38 PM

Football was invented in 2003 - would you please keep up.

t_mac

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 24, 2019, 03:27:50 PM

Literally is exactly what im saying. Country players arent allowed near the clubs.

And i cut down the who previous conversation, was an eye sore scrolling down all the time.

Sure Tyrone county players aren't great what would they add.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: t_mac on October 24, 2019, 03:29:03 PM

Exactly, Peter Canavan invented football

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 24, 2019, 03:30:27 PM
Quote from: t_mac on October 24, 2019, 03:29:03 PM

Exactly, Peter Canavan invented football

Surely he did that in 1995 when he was Tyrone football on his own?

Quote from: t_mac on October 24, 2019, 03:23:11 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 24, 2019, 02:43:48 PM

Only 7, are you not turning up for the other three?

Nah....take a wee holiday every so often!