Septic tank options? ( south of Ireland)

Started by lynchbhoy, March 22, 2013, 08:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Chaps, I'm considering purchasing a new pad. However one of the potential options at least may need a new sewage system/new septic tank and associated solution.

I would like to know of the options about that would be in line with recent gov septic tank and sewage regulations - as well as the costs of these.

If anyone has knowledge of how these options work , I'd appreciate the info.
Eg how much manual intervention is required per year and what this entails!

This way I can factor in the potential cost of septic tank and system into potential purchase price!

Thanks in advance!

RMDrive

We have a septic tank with a raised percolation area. Maintenance is minimal. Eventually we'll have to get it emptied and that's about €100-150 for one of the local farmers. The only issue we had was with baby wipes being flushed down the toilet - this blocked the pump and caused a few headaches. But since that was stopped, we've had no bother at all. Don't have details on the specific cost of the tank cause it was rolled up into a total price from our builder.
Good luck with it.

Nally Stand

Cost? Probably shit loads. Which is a bit crap. This whole septic tank thing stinks if you ask me.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RMDrive on March 22, 2013, 10:10:50 AM
We have a septic tank with a raised percolation area. Maintenance is minimal. Eventually we'll have to get it emptied and that's about €100-150 for one of the local farmers. The only issue we had was with baby wipes being flushed down the toilet - this blocked the pump and caused a few headaches. But since that was stopped, we've had no bother at all. Don't have details on the specific cost of the tank cause it was rolled up into a total price from our builder.
Good luck with it.
We have had the same advice re. baby wipes. They dont break down like bog roll so best avoided in the tank.

Denn Forever

Don't forget to register your tank.  Do you know any council workers?  Maybe they could give you an indication of the best solution.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...