?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: shawshank on September 20, 2021, 03:59:22 PM
So you think county players have only a couple of league games at the most with their clubs then. Sorry lads that's not for me. Cause thats essentially what your saying. I felt the round robin would have been better served if only the top two qualified for the quarter finals and the bottom two are into the championship relegation playoffs?

I'd change your plan slightly. Top team into quarters, 2nd and 3rd into a qualifier for the quarters and 4th into relegation play off. And score difference only to take into account games involving the teams, for example exclude Claudy's results from the score difference if the other three teams finish on four points.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Football format been pointless, hurling has been good

toby47

Went to the minor (u17) final last night in the Loup. The quality of the match was excellent. Magherafelt completely controlled the 2nd half with a superb performance.

Both Magherafelt & Lavey will get a right few senior footballers from what was on show.

Silver hill

Quote from: toby47 on September 21, 2021, 08:32:25 AM
Went to the minor (u17) final last night in the Loup. The quality of the match was excellent. Magherafelt completely controlled the 2nd half with a superb performance.

Both Magherafelt & Lavey will get a right few senior footballers from what was on show.

History would tell us that it never really works that way.

seanyb

Quote from: Silver hill on September 21, 2021, 11:13:12 AM

I think from Rossas last county minor title in 2010 at least 10 are still involved.

toby47

Quote from: seanyb on September 21, 2021, 11:32:22 AM

I think from Rossas last county minor title in 2010 at least 10 are still involved.

8 of that team played vs Kilcoo in their 2019 Ulster Club game

Derry Optimist

By all accounts the County minor final last night between Magherafelt and Lavey was an excellent contest.Can toby47 or anyone else tell us  who were the standout players?

It would appear that these two clubs along with Glen, Bellaghy and Newbridge  are going to provide the bulk of our Senior inter county players in the future if they fulfil their potential. Hopefully Donncha Gilmore of Steelstown and Lachlann Murray from Desertmartin  will also develop their huge  natural ability to the Senior County ranks. They both were very impressive on the 2020 All Ireland winning minor team.

toby47

Quote from: Derry Optimist on September 21, 2021, 12:35:56 PM
By all accounts the County minor final last night between Magherafelt and Lavey was an excellent contest.Can toby47 or anyone else tell us  who were the standout players?

It would appear that these two clubs along with Glen, Bellaghy and Newbridge  are going to provide the bulk of our Senior inter county players in the future if they fulfil their potential. Hopefully Donncha Gilmore of Steelstown and Lachlann Murray from Desertmartin  will also develop their huge  natural ability to the Senior County ranks. They both were very impressive on the 2020 All Ireland winning minor team.

Cormac Bateson was the best player on the pitch for me, he must have kicked 8 points including 3 from 45's.
Patrick McGurk had a good first half for Lavey but Magherafelt put him on the back foot in the 2nd half an completely nullified his influence.
McGill is a sharp forward for Lavey but Conal Herron also done a terrific job on him, a great battle.
As i said above they were two very good sides, quality all over the pitch on both sides.

Silver hill

Bateson was excellent in the 2nd half. Took the game to Lavey when it mattered. Had excellent support from Spiers (10) and is it Lavery (11).
Left half back (for m'felt-sent off at the end) was also a great link man and covered the ground throughout). Lavey had their purple patch in first half but you always thought there was more in Magherafelt and the half time lead wouldn't be enough.
Meelough is a handful in midfield and a fine prospect. (Very handy with the mits too when required.
As always, underage football in Derry is alive and well!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Silver hill on September 21, 2021, 02:36:26 PM
Bateson was excellent in the 2nd half. Took the game to Lavey when it mattered. Had excellent support from Spiers (10) and is it Lavery (11).
Left half back (for m'felt-sent off at the end) was also a great link man and covered the ground throughout). Lavey had their purple patch in first half but you always thought there was more in Magherafelt and the half time lead wouldn't be enough.
Meelough is a handful in midfield and a fine prospect. (Very handy with the mits too when required.
As always, underage football in Derry is alive and well!

Hurler firstly as far as i know

tonesfirstandlast

A very good game by two very coached teams. Magherafelt the better team over the hour.
Very unfortunate to have them scenes of violence by them young  lads.
But then a tiger dosent change its spot. Never could take a beating.
The referee done well getting it finished.

Estimator

Quote from: toby47 on September 21, 2021, 11:43:28 AM
Quote from: seanyb on September 21, 2021, 11:32:22 AM

8 of that team played vs Kilcoo in their 2019 Ulster Club game

Rossa already have a huge panel to pick from, think the 2019 squad photo before the county final had approx 50 in the picture.
I know some of those lads wouldn't be near the senior panel, but it just shows the level of competition there.

Magherafelt have been in the last 2 county minor finals.
Lavey have been in the last 4 county minor finals.

Good to have you back TFAL. It's been over a year since you've been on here having a go at another club. I've missed your derogatory comments.
Ulster League Champions 2009

toby47

Anyone been to/watched much of the club championship so far?

Any stand out teams or players early on?

Bookies odds at the minute
Glen            6/4
Slaughtneil   2/1
Lavey          13/2

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

What's point of reserve football. Intermediate a joke

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Whoever runs Lavey Twitter bit of a tube