Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 2605874 times)

RedHand88

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #14145 on: August 29, 2021, 03:43:21 PM »
MC geary has been amazing. His discipline in the tackle is unrecognisable from last year. That's what proper coaching gets you. No more Gavin Devlin ' coaching'.

Agree on McGeary being amazing. Disagree on the disrespect to Gavin Devlin.  Despite your anonymity itís safe to assume Gavin has contributed significantly more to Tyrone football than you have.
safe to say Tyrone football has contributed significantly more to Gavin's bank account than it has mine.

Did you coach Tyrone? Why would Tyrone contribute to your bank account?

tyrone08

• View Profile
« Reply #14146 on: August 29, 2021, 03:53:58 PM »
Re the kickouts. Perhaps conceding the opposition kickouts and not pressing reserves energy and was one of the reasons tyrone seemed fitter at the end compared to kerry. This was deliberate.

I agree though more work needs done on our own kickout strategy. Sometimes in the past Morgan has been brilliant but was hit and miss yesterday.

Literally a game of 2 half's for him.

Any word on why Lee brennan has never had any game time year?

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #14147 on: August 29, 2021, 04:04:30 PM »
Re the kickouts. Perhaps conceding the opposition kickouts and not pressing reserves energy and was one of the reasons tyrone seemed fitter at the end compared to kerry. This was deliberate.

I agree though more work needs done on our own kickout strategy. Sometimes in the past Morgan has been brilliant but was hit and miss yesterday.

Agree with this. With the CV issues, the short kick out and working it up the field all day would've been madness.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #14148 on: August 29, 2021, 04:33:03 PM »

Agree with this. With the CV issues, the short kick out and working it up the field all day would've been madness.

Kerry really pushed up & squeezed Tyrone kick outs, short options very limited. NM only option was to kick as long as he could . Kerry won a lot of breaking ball, that reflects more on the Midfield/ HF. Sometimes , I think , People expect NM to run out and catch the kick outs as well !

barelegs

• View Profile
« Reply #14149 on: August 29, 2021, 04:58:43 PM »
In the first half, Tyrone were clearly trying to go long and win the breaks when going down the middle. Morgan was putting the ball on the money, the ball was being broken but Kerry were first to everything. The bit of success he did have in the opening half was isolating Kilpatrick and Kennedy on the wings and they were able to win their own ball one on one.

In the second half he took a few chances shorter and they didn't always come off. Something to work ahead of Mayo. You can be sure James Horan was taking plenty of notes.

tyrone08

• View Profile
« Reply #14150 on: August 29, 2021, 05:48:38 PM »

Kerry really pushed up & squeezed Tyrone kick outs, short options very limited. NM only option was to kick as long as he could . Kerry won a lot of breaking ball, that reflects more on the Midfield/ HF. Sometimes , I think , People expect NM to run out and catch the kick outs as well !

I agree the keeper and only do so much but as Jim mcguinness said go out wide sometimes. Kerry won nearly every ball that was kicked down the middle. Time after time tyrone kicked the ball down the middle. If the MF isn't winning the ball then move the kick outs to the wings

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #14151 on: August 29, 2021, 07:03:02 PM »

I agree the keeper and only do so much but as Jim mcguinness said go out wide sometimes. Kerry won nearly every ball that was kicked down the middle. Time after time tyrone kicked the ball down the middle. If the MF isn't winning the ball then move the kick outs to the wings

Kicking to the wings is tough, need a clear one on one, with a height mis match for good measure.Its a killer hitting it out over the sideline !
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 07:11:52 PM by delgany »

kickitin

• View Profile
« Reply #14152 on: August 30, 2021, 10:41:36 AM »
Read on this thread I think of one poster giving Michael O Neill a hard time, couldnít see anything he offered the Tyrone team. Have to call this clown out 🤡 OíNeill put in some shift yesterday, major blocks and two serious body tackles on Kerry players close to goals. Fist pumping passion from him. He made the poster on here look brain dead

myself, thanks for calling me out - made a few good body tackles is right, one particularly sticks out in my mind.

stand by a lot of what i said - he won't start the final, if he does then i'll agree with you about me being brain dead

StPatsAbu

• View Profile
« Reply #14153 on: August 30, 2021, 11:36:52 AM »
MC geary has been amazing. His discipline in the tackle is unrecognisable from last year. That's what proper coaching gets you. No more Gavin Devlin ' coaching'.

Agree on McGeary being amazing. Disagree on the disrespect to Gavin Devlin.  Despite your anonymity itís safe to assume Gavin has contributed significantly more to Tyrone football than you have.
safe to say Tyrone football has contributed significantly more to Gavin's bank account than it has mine.

If talking thru your hole incurred expenses you'd be minted.

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #14154 on: August 30, 2021, 12:57:02 PM »

Once I was made aware that STG is actually a Fermanagh man living in Tyrone I just ignored all his silly  posts

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #14155 on: August 30, 2021, 01:12:08 PM »

Once I was made aware that STG is actually a Fermanagh man living in Tyrone I just ignored all his silly  posts
guess I've been proved right about Harte and Devlin! Bluffer's held Tyrone back. Onwards and upwards yes! So satisfying.

kickitin

• View Profile
« Reply #14156 on: August 30, 2021, 02:23:10 PM »
Read on this thread I think of one poster giving Michael O Neill a hard time, couldnít see anything he offered the Tyrone team. Have to call this clown out 🤡 OíNeill put in some shift yesterday, major blocks and two serious body tackles on Kerry players close to goals. Fist pumping passion from him. He made the poster on here look brain dead

myself, thanks for calling me out - made a few good body tackles is right, one particularly sticks out in my mind.

stand by a lot of what i said - he won't start the final, if he does then i'll agree with you about me being brain dead

Unfortunately itís obvious your brain dead re the footie, after that performance on Saturday heíll be starting. Sure if your that certain he wonít be, Iíll bet you come clean on who you are if your wrong?

*cathal mc shane enters the chat* we can talk about this in 2 weeks time once the games over sure and we see he didn't start  :-*

Christmas Lights

• Credo Elvem Etiam Vivere
    • View Profile
« Reply #14157 on: August 30, 2021, 02:58:36 PM »

guess I've been proved right about Harte and Devlin! Bluffer's held Tyrone back. Onwards and upwards yes! So satisfying.

Don't kid yourself STG, this is still Mickey Harte's team and squad, he moulded all these player's don't forget.  I firmly believe Tyrone would be in an Ireland final today if MH was still at the helm, it was only a matter of time before this group of players beat one of the other big 4 in Croke Park.  Dooher and Logie have done a very good job this year but MH has left them an oven ready all Ireland competing squad.  Its not like when Alex Ferguson handed over the batton to David Moyes at Manchester United for goodness sake.  All they had to do is carry on what is being done and the Logie and Dooher have done that to a tee. 

Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #14158 on: August 30, 2021, 03:41:29 PM »
Clear that Harte had been holding this team and Tyrone football back. Cost us at least 5 all Irelandís. Weíre probably 20 years behind weíre we should be. Logan and Dooher making up the ground now thankfully.

What are the 5 all irelands he cost us? What do you mean we are 20 years behind?

A blind goat could've won an AI with the 03 team. We lost serious chances in 04, 06, 07 and then we should've won one from 2009 until 2012. Harte hadn't a notion. Those AI's were won in spite of him not because of him. Even his son got an AI medal in 03. That group were that good that they could carry him when he couldn't get a place in the EC team.
From 2010 until last year Harte held that team back. He didn't trust them and they didn't trust him. The CB basically had to sack him to get him to leave, he didn't even have the cop out to go himself. I was scundered for him.

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #14159 on: August 30, 2021, 04:39:37 PM »
Clear that Harte had been holding this team and Tyrone football back. Cost us at least 5 all Irelandís. Weíre probably 20 years behind weíre we should be. Logan and Dooher making up the ground now thankfully.

What are the 5 all irelands he cost us? What do you mean we are 20 years behind?

A blind goat could've won an AI with the 03 team. We lost serious chances in 04, 06, 07 and then we should've won one from 2009 until 2012. Harte hadn't a notion. Those AI's were won in spite of him not because of him. Even his son got an AI medal in 03. That group were that good that they could carry him when he couldn't get a place in the EC team.
From 2010 until last year Harte held that team back. He didn't trust them and they didn't trust him. The CB basically had to sack him to get him to leave, he didn't even have the cop out to go himself. I was scundered for him.

You are as mad as the ballix who once said that Raymond Munroe almost cost Tyrone 2 All Ireland minor titles in 2008 and 2010 Ö  Munroe was the manager both yearsÖ 2 All Ireland minor titles with 2 different teams Ö