Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CK_Redhand

It's been a recurring theme on this forum for a while that personal abuse of players goes unpunished. During the match yesterday I noticed a comment in this thread about an individual player and reported it to a mod.  There seems to be a set of posters, some with multiple accounts who are continually posting abuse. The best way to deal with it is to report.

I am not saying criticism of individuals is wrong but the campaigns of abuse against players outside of footballing matters has gotten out of hand.

BennyHarp

Quote from: CK_Redhand on August 29, 2021, 01:01:58 PM
It's been a recurring theme on this forum for a while that personal abuse of players goes unpunished. During the match yesterday I noticed a comment in this thread about an individual player and reported it to a mod.  There seems to be a set of posters, some with multiple accounts who are continually posting abuse. The best way to deal with it is to report.

I am not saying criticism of individuals is wrong but the campaigns of abuse against players outside of footballing matters has gotten out of hand.

Imagine there was posters on here slagging off Kieran McGeary and he's now outright favourite with the bookies to win footballer of the year. The mind boggles with how blinkered some lads can be.
Kieran McGeary
4/1
Matthew Ruane
11/2
Ryan O'Donoghue
13/2
Padraig O'Hora
7/1
Tommy Conroy
10/1
Lee Keegan
11/1
Matthew Donnelly
12/1
Paudie Clifford
12/1
Patrick Durcan
14/1
David Clifford
16/1
Peter Harte
16/1
Darren Mccurry
16/1
Niall Morgan
20/1
Oisin Mullen
25/1
Aidan O'Shea
25/1
Conor Meyler
25/1
Diarmuid O'Connor (Mayo)
33/1
Conor McKenna
33/1
Ronan McNamee
33/1
Cathal McShane
40/1
Frank Burns
40/1
Eoghan McLaughlin
50/1
Darragh Canavan
50/1
Paul Geaney
66/1
Kevin Mcloughlin
100/1
That was never a square ball!!

HokeyPokey

I think God was being a bit of a cute hoor talking down Tyrone, or maybe he wanted to give the players extra motivation. I think the 15 that started in 2005 were one of the best to ever play the game, but I don't think there was the same depth of options as now. I think it was a bit harsh for Canavan to say only 2 or 3 players would make that team. I think there are a good 20 players who could have slotted in to the 2005 team.

RedHand88

Quote from: Cobra on August 29, 2021, 09:50:59 AM
Clear that Harte had been holding this team and Tyrone football back. Cost us at least 5 all Ireland's. We're probably 20 years behind we're we should be. Logan and Dooher making up the ground now thankfully.

What are the 5 all irelands he cost us? What do you mean we are 20 years behind?

tyrone08

Serious work needed on kick outs following that game. Was clear as day after the first 10 mins that belting it down the middle was not working. Tyrone gave kerry all their own kick outs and lost the majority of their own. Jim mcguinness even said they need to pull all tyrones to one side of the pitch to mix up the kick out strategy. Clearly going down the middle wasn't working so why did they persist with it.

On another note as soon as Morgan misses one free he should stop taking them. Anytime he misses his confidence is gone and he ends up missing majority of the rest. Lee brennan is a top free taker so he should be brought on more. Guaranteed a few points each match from frees from him.

CK_Redhand

Re the kickouts. Perhaps conceding the opposition kickouts and not pressing reserves energy and was one of the reasons tyrone seemed fitter at the end compared to kerry. This was deliberate.

I agree though more work needs done on our own kickout strategy. Sometimes in the past Morgan has been brilliant but was hit and miss yesterday.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Cobra on August 29, 2021, 09:50:59 AM
Clear that Harte had been holding this team and Tyrone football back. Cost us at least 5 all Ireland's. We're probably 20 years behind we're we should be. Logan and Dooher making up the ground now thankfully.

Gotta love newbies. Lol

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 29, 2021, 07:15:27 AM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 29, 2021, 01:10:14 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 28, 2021, 07:10:07 PM
MC geary has been amazing. His discipline in the tackle is unrecognisable from last year. That's what proper coaching gets you. No more Gavin Devlin ' coaching'.

Agree on McGeary being amazing. Disagree on the disrespect to Gavin Devlin.  Despite your anonymity it's safe to assume Gavin has contributed significantly more to Tyrone football than you have.
safe to say Tyrone football has contributed significantly more to Gavin's bank account than it has mine.

Did you coach Tyrone? Why would Tyrone contribute to your bank account?

tyrone08

Quote from: CK_Redhand on August 29, 2021, 02:34:10 PM
Re the kickouts. Perhaps conceding the opposition kickouts and not pressing reserves energy and was one of the reasons tyrone seemed fitter at the end compared to kerry. This was deliberate.

I agree though more work needs done on our own kickout strategy. Sometimes in the past Morgan has been brilliant but was hit and miss yesterday.

Literally a game of 2 half's for him.

Any word on why Lee brennan has never had any game time year?

Norf Tyrone

Agree with this. With the CV issues, the short kick out and working it up the field all day would've been madness.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

delgany

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 29, 2021, 04:04:30 PM

Agree with this. With the CV issues, the short kick out and working it up the field all day would've been madness.

Kerry really pushed up & squeezed Tyrone kick outs, short options very limited. NM only option was to kick as long as he could . Kerry won a lot of breaking ball, that reflects more on the Midfield/ HF. Sometimes , I think , People expect NM to run out and catch the kick outs as well !

barelegs

In the first half, Tyrone were clearly trying to go long and win the breaks when going down the middle. Morgan was putting the ball on the money, the ball was being broken but Kerry were first to everything. The bit of success he did have in the opening half was isolating Kilpatrick and Kennedy on the wings and they were able to win their own ball one on one.

In the second half he took a few chances shorter and they didn't always come off. Something to work ahead of Mayo. You can be sure James Horan was taking plenty of notes.

tyrone08

Quote from: delgany on August 29, 2021, 04:33:03 PM

Kerry really pushed up & squeezed Tyrone kick outs, short options very limited. NM only option was to kick as long as he could . Kerry won a lot of breaking ball, that reflects more on the Midfield/ HF. Sometimes , I think , People expect NM to run out and catch the kick outs as well !

I agree the keeper and only do so much but as Jim mcguinness said go out wide sometimes. Kerry won nearly every ball that was kicked down the middle. Time after time tyrone kicked the ball down the middle. If the MF isn't winning the ball then move the kick outs to the wings

delgany

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 29, 2021, 05:48:38 PM
Quote from: delgany on August 29, 2021, 04:33:03 PM

I agree the keeper and only do so much but as Jim mcguinness said go out wide sometimes. Kerry won nearly every ball that was kicked down the middle. Time after time tyrone kicked the ball down the middle. If the MF isn't winning the ball then move the kick outs to the wings

Kicking to the wings is tough, need a clear one on one, with a height mis match for good measure.Its a killer hitting it out over the sideline !

kickitin

Quote from: Thastheball on August 29, 2021, 10:29:42 AM
Read on this thread I think of one poster giving Michael O Neill a hard time, couldn't see anything he offered the Tyrone team. Have to call this clown out 🤡 O'Neill put in some shift yesterday, major blocks and two serious body tackles on Kerry players close to goals. Fist pumping passion from him. He made the poster on here look brain dead

myself, thanks for calling me out - made a few good body tackles is right, one particularly sticks out in my mind.

stand by a lot of what i said - he won't start the final, if he does then i'll agree with you about me being brain dead