Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

Tyrone should be out of sight at this stage. Donegal will pip this if tyrone don't focus

RedHand88

southtyronegael

Huge win for Tyrone! Should improve a bit more with canavan hopefully in with a chance next day. Well done players and management. Bright days ahead for Tyrone;

RedHand88

When's the all ireland final? Looking at hotels here.

Under Lights

Great win. Thought we were poor at dealing with direct runners through the middle. Mcgee and Murphy going off massive.
As everyone thought mckenna looks to suit the midfield role better than inside forward line.
Mccann been great off bench.

HokeyPokey

It's been good to see the likes of Sludden, McCann and McCurry do so well of late. They had seemed to be a bit off the boil for the last few seasons.

I think Meyler was great aswell, like McGeary did a whole lot of work. I think his 'technical' ability is also massively underrated by many.

ONeill

That was a pleasant enough performance.

Big games from Meyler and McGeary. Meyler did a bucketload of good work. Mattie took the bull by horns second half and settled the side as well as attacking the final whistle at a time when Tyrone were dangerously coasting.

McKenna had a dodgy first five minutes when he came on but I think he was trying too much to do something special. He settled and was possibly our best player in the last 10 minutes.

The two midfield lads put in a decent shift against a very strong midfield.

All in all, that was refreshing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Under Lights

Sludden performance seems to be getting overlooked. 3 points from play also.

NotedObserver

I named a team a few weeks back and felt 2nr Donnelly's in midfield were the best options. How things have changed quickly and it was great to see 2 big mobile men in the middle of the park and freeing up Mattie D.

Monaghan will be provide a challenge and the 4 quick fire goals against Armagh will be a warning sign for Tyrone

CK_Redhand

Forward line is firing rightly. Any chance we go really attacking against Monaghan with Mcshane, McCurry, Donnelly all starting in full forward line?  Midfield 2 are must starts and with Sludden, Harte, Mcgeary, Meyler and McKenna as runners who can chip in with scored we could be dangerous.

That would leave full back line a bit exposed as we probably need O'Neill plus one to protect Brennan, Hampsey and McNamee.

Good selection headaches but I think the management have a better idea of starting 15 than after the league. Plenty of options off the bench too.

One last word I feel bad for Donaghy who scored 10 v Donegal in league but didn't get a look in today. I hope he gets another chance but seems to be fairly down the pecking order now.

Tyrone11234

I thought Conn Kilpatrick had a decent game against good opposition today- unlucky to be subbed off imo

bogball88

Any chance Ulster Final being in Croke park?

ONeill

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on July 18, 2021, 11:00:59 PM
I thought Conn Kilpatrick had a decent game against good opposition today- unlucky to be subbed off imo

Think he was busted, as many were.

Sorry, yes - Sludden was very effective. Pointed in small pockets of freedom where many others would have recycled.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: bogball88 on July 18, 2021, 11:12:46 PM

Yes, every chance, apparently, @1600 on August 1st.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

bogball88

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 18, 2021, 11:34:50 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on July 18, 2021, 11:12:46 PM

Yes, every chance, apparently, @1600 on August 1st.
Leinster final that day? Maybe they will change that to southern bank holiday Monday hurling finals scheduled for Saturday in Croke Park