Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HokeyPokey

Quote from: Scoring Zone on February 06, 2022, 11:11:00 PM
Quote from: HokeyPokey on February 06, 2022, 08:21:48 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 06, 2022, 05:12:34 PM
Don't let the 4 red card debate take away from a god awful performance. From my viewpoint Peter Harte started the melee and thus earned his red. After that is any man's guess.

Tyrone were bossed by Armagh today. Reduced to long range pot shots all 1st half. All while Armagh cut through our defense like a hot knife through butter. Armagh look a well conditioned strong team, hopefully they are peaking to early but lots of work for Tyrone to do in the coming weeks to ensure Div1 status.

I wouldn't be sure how much Tyrone are prepping tactically for these league games. I would say they are focusing mostly on where they want to be come championship time and tweaking playing style etc. They aren't long back after a well earned break, Armagh must have several months team training on Tyrone. Armagh wilted a good bit in the second half, and couldn't cope with a high press off the kick out. If Tyrone do end up meeting them again, I would fully expect them to beat them.

Was in just before the Tyrone warmup, looked very casual and in parts slack and poor which carried on to the first 20kg a which was rough watching. Quite a few need a months training to get up to speed - on the pushing and shoving, Harte and McKieran at most was a red but Gough was very poor for both sides I thought. Armagh are a very hard running side, but get them in clones when the sod is hard they will run out of ideas

I would be more worried about Armagh than previous years, but that isn't saying much. Tyrone didn't do much in the second half, but still got it back to four points just by pressing on the kick outs and Armagh were afraid to play. Fermanagh first in the championship, so plenty of time to get up to speed. If the red cards stick, it will give an opportunity to some other boys.

An Watcher

Of course derry will be a big test.  They should have beaten donegal in ballybofey last year.  Isn't it great to have them back just like armagh

square_ball

Appeals being heard tonight according to an interview with Hampsey.

Under Lights

Quote from: square_ball on February 14, 2022, 09:11:02 PM
Appeals being heard tonight according to an interview with Hampsey.

Should not have appealed in my honest opinion.

Let the suspensions stand and use it as the stick to beat others with whenever it's overlooked in Dublin games.
Conor McKenna, McNamee, Kilpatrick and Rory Brennan could have all come in to replace the suspended players.

toby47

All 4 suspensions stand. I knew the GAA would never let all 4 off but i did think they'd overturn 1 or 2.

Taylor

Quote from: toby47 on February 15, 2022, 09:20:09 AM
All 4 suspensions stand. I knew the GAA would never let all 4 off but i did think they'd overturn 1 or 2.

Didnt think they could overturn 1 or 2 - it was an all or nothing scenario.

Contributing to a melee is a very difficult one to get off with (unless by technicality).

Will be very interesting to see how this weekends games are refereed and if 'contributing to a melee' gets a man a red card

God14

Squad depth will be really tested now.

Any word on Peter Teague or Paudie McNulty?

TyroneOnlooker

Quote from: God14 on February 15, 2022, 09:28:27 AM

Think both have been injured to date. Loss of the 5 more experienced men from the squad will certainly test reserves now. Not sure if the new blood are ready to step in just yet.

God14

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on February 15, 2022, 09:31:36 AM

Think both have been injured to date. Loss of the 5 more experienced men from the squad will certainly test reserves now. Not sure if the new blood are ready to step in just yet.

Michael O'Neill is another who hasnt appeared yet.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: God14 on February 15, 2022, 03:10:58 PM
Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on February 15, 2022, 09:31:36 AM

Michael O'Neill is another who hasnt appeared yet.
Don't think O'Neill is injured, just hasnt featured yet. McNamee is still injured. Not sure if Rory Brennan has shaken his injury he got V Armagh in the McKenna cup. Limits your options for who starts V Kildare.

NotedObserver

Munroes and donaghy obvious choices to be brought in

Jim Bob

A lot of the new boys dropped from squad last week. 

NotedObserver

Any of the colleges players training?

RoundBall

The u20s are out against Antrim tomorrow in Portglenone.
An Ríocht Uí Néill

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: RoundBall on February 18, 2022, 02:57:51 PM
The u20s are out against Antrim tomorrow in Portglenone.
Another brilliant U20 team starting out tomorrow then. Danny Fullerton, Ruairi Canavan, Luke Donnelly, Conor Cush, Michael McGleenan, Oisin McCann, Sean O'Donnell being the most established senior players. Hopefully this is the year Devlin and Carlin bring the whole thing together, if not surely that is them away.