Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: scout on July 28, 2021, 12:21:39 PM
Any recommendations of bars to to watch the game in Dublin on Saturday. Will be down in Dublin this weekend, only have 1 vaccine, so will need somewhere with outdoor screens etc..

Thanks

I belive tickets will go to general sale trhis evening

NotedObserver

Quote from: Under Lights on July 28, 2021, 01:22:22 PM
Any recommendations of bars to to watch the game in Dublin on Saturday. Will be down in Dublin this weekend, only have 1 vaccine, so will need somewhere with outdoor screens etc..

Thanks

Any idea of time?

LeoMc

Quote from: armaghniac on July 27, 2021, 03:03:11 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on July 27, 2021, 01:42:01 PM
B. Tell the wife she is driving home and watch match in a pub near Croke park.

It doesn't make sense to send the person who is going to be driving to the pub, as the bars aren't open in Croke Park she's be safer there. You could send her down to Henry St to buy the back to school kit.
I was suggesting she go to the match and I watch in a pub.

NotedObserver

Quote from: Under Lights on July 28, 2021, 01:22:22 PM

Thanks

This true any idea on time?

Under Lights

Honda300

Where has Liam rafferty went this year?? Looked like one of the most promising players wee had coming through last year

Under Lights

Quote from: Honda300 on July 28, 2021, 10:07:11 PM
Where has Liam rafferty went this year?? Looked like one of the most promising players wee had coming through last year

Had a great year last year, just dropped down the pecking order, the likes of Mccann and Sluddens form has improved greatly. He's still there in the back ground, wouldn't be surprised to see him in the squad this week.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Honda300 on July 28, 2021, 10:07:11 PM

Touring Ireland in his camper van ;D

Fuzzman

Sport is often so unpredictable and how many of ye Tyrmoanies were like me who have swung from being truly excited by the fact that we could have a great forward line this year consisting of McShane, McKenna, Mattie, McCurry, Canavan, Bradley and Donaghy. I'm probably leaving out others of course. Meyler and McGeary of course are the worker bees that are needed to feed such forwards.
Then come mid National League our dream was burst and I for one thought it would be a very short season with Donegal due give us another hiding, especially after the Kerry defeat.
Now the medja are talking us up again and are even giving us a chance against the new AI favourites 😂

Monaghan as they often do PUNCH above their weight time and time again. Despite being such a small county they have built a great attack minded team, free of the shackles that held them back over the last decade. McCarron and McCarthy are top class forwards now that unlike Tyrone can keep their composure and score goals which win matches. Monaghan have talented athletic players all over the pitch now and aren't just dependent on McManus and Hughes bros.
I really did think they had the beating of us in 2018 but maybe Tyrones experience in CP with wily MH knowing how to win there in big games.
This time Banty is the wily old Fox and these players no longer fear Tyrone the way they used to. If they can keep their heads and discipline this is their best chance in years. With Beggan such an important weapon now for far out frees and great kickouts I am indeed very worried about this game and how teams often fail to finish the job after beating the favourites in the semi.
Our midfield is very inexperienced and so far have only played in bit parts.
Where to play McKenna, Mattie, Richie and even Peter Harte continues to be unanswered.
questions. I'm surprised Sparky hasnt seen more game time but McCurry really has been on fire DO FAR this last two games.

I'm bringing my three sons to see their first Ulster final as they're fed up watching boring Dubs win all the time. My youngest lad is still Tyrone mad.
I've a feeling we're in for a cracker, as long as Gough doesn't ruin it with his over fussy reffing and wanting some limelight. Enjoy lads

Under Lights

There is certainly a good buzz around the Ulster Final this year.

Tyrone Gaa

The result was the important thing today but over the next 2 weeks this Tyrone team has a lot of work to do. That performance won't lay a glove onto this Kerry side.

Always a good day when silverware is handed out so well done to the players and management.
Living the dream!!!

redzone

Time to let mckernan go, he is such an embarrassment every game. He just can't play honestly.

Scoring Zone

another ulster in the bag but second half was really poor, kept kicking the ball ( which worked in the first half) but need to recognise when it's not working and run it through the hands, the game reminded me of the kerry AI semi final a few years ago, quality and dominant first half, and abject second, need to man up in the seconds half's and come out aggressive, that monaghan team is avg and needed to be put away by 5-6 points. Don't think Kerry is what they are hyped but we will need to be very good to beat them, and it not like we should be lacking motivation

tyrone08

Quote from: Scoring Zone on July 31, 2021, 11:11:23 PM
another ulster in the bag but second half was really poor, kept kicking the ball ( which worked in the first half) but need to recognise when it's not working and run it through the hands, the game reminded me of the kerry AI semi final a few years ago, quality and dominant first half, and abject second, need to man up in the seconds half's and come out aggressive, that monaghan team is avg and needed to be put away by 5-6 points. Don't think Kerry is what they are hyped but we will need to be very good to beat them, and it not like we should be lacking motivation

Exactly what I was thinking. Very similar to that kerry game a few years ago which they should have won. Maybe its my imagination but over the last 20 years numerous Tyrone teams don't seem to do well when they are leading at half time. They can never seem to kick on and kill the game off

sam03/05

Great 1st year from new management
An Ulster title and Division 1 status in very difficult circumstances - and about 3 weeks preparation time. It's not perfect yet but they seem to have the players all pulling in the one direction for them.
Massive underdogs v Kerry & we have been in that position before!
Overall it's been a great start to the new era regardless of how semi final goes