Norn Iron Local Saccer - What is the point?

Started by Feckitt, January 16, 2011, 12:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

Quote from: hardstation on September 24, 2011, 09:14:58 PM
DC are flying the year.
One time Armagh great white hope Henderson seems to be going well again this year, another 2 goals today.

JimStynes

Ryan is one of those boys that has natural talent hanging out of him. It's just whether he applies himself or not. He's certainly playing some stuff for DC since he joined. Fair play to him, he'll get a few pound along the way as well. I always felt that he never got a fair crack with Armagh.

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: The Worker on January 17, 2011, 09:28:29 PM
Do they play games on Sundays now?

On a similar vein, can anyone tell me why bookies in the north aren't open on Sundays? they are open in every other part of the UK and ROI on the sabbath.

Forbes Racing does the Books on a Sunday. ;)
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

ExcellentDriver

Typical whataboutery 'Flame War' involving NI Soccer Fans and GAA Fans.

I just want to make a few points clear.

1. Whatever Sport you play is basically determined by your Postcode. If you live in the Coharine Estate in Portadown, you're gonna support Portadown GFC. If you live in Craigwell or the Garavghy Road, you're gonna support Tir na nOg GFC (or the Hurling Club, I think they're called St. Makachy's). Rugby is really played by the 'Poshies' of either side.

2. As I said in a previous thread, a lot of 'GAA-isms' also featured amongst the fans of the Milk Cup game I attended in Ballymoney. There were open-top Boots with Tea and Sandwiches, there was a sizeable Female representation and there were those leaving prior to the Final Whistle to avoid the Traffic Jam.

3. The Irish League is indeed an Old-Boys Network. However a lot of the blame lies with the Unionist Politicians for creating a Gravy Train within the IFA. NI needs clubs such as AFC Wimbledon, Ebbsfleet Town, or FC United of Manchester where the Fans are Shareholders. However, Political Factors will stop it.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on September 25, 2011, 05:53:20 PM

1. Whatever Sport you play is basically determined by your Postcode. If you live in the Coharine Estate in Portadown, you're gonna support Portadown GFC. If you live in Craigwell or the Garavghy Road, you're gonna support Tir na nOg GFC (or the Hurling Club, I think they're called St. Makachy's). Rugby is really played by the 'Poshies' of either side.
Corcrain, shower of c***ts, got stuck behind them marching coming back from Armagh last night. Who in their right mind spends their Sat night dressed up as a clown doing that shite? Also Portadown is a poor example, they all like groundball there!

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 25, 2011, 06:29:26 PM

Corcrain, shower of c***ts, got stuck behind them marching coming back from Armagh last night. Who in their right mind spends their Sat night dressed up as a clown doing that shite? Also Portadown is a poor example, they all like groundball there!

Which proves that only the Chav Element within Unionism supports the Orange Order.

Aaron Boone

Radio Ulster MW this afternoon was wall-to-wall GAA coverage - the Ladies Final plus updates from Antrim, Derry, Down and Tyrone matches.

Heard one from Sidebottom as he looked out over the city from Casement: "I can see the big wheel in the distance and this is helter-skelter here between Loughgiel & Cushendall"

fitzroyalty

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on September 25, 2011, 06:35:15 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 25, 2011, 06:29:26 PM

Which proves that only the Chav Element within Unionism supports the Orange Order.
Naw. Plenty of wealthy culchies like running around in sashes too.

stiffler

Quote from: hardstation on September 25, 2011, 06:59:35 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 25, 2011, 06:39:12 PM
Radio Ulster MW this afternoon was wall-to-wall GAA coverage - the Ladies Final plus updates from Antrim, Derry, Down and Tyrone matches.

Heard one from Sidebottom as he looked out over the city from Casement: "I can see the big wheel in the distance and this is helter-skelter here between Loughgiel & Cushendall"
Is the big wheel not gone?

maybe he means the balls of the falls?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Forever Green

What is the point of Norn Iron saccer? Long story short, there is no f**king point

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Forever Green on September 25, 2011, 10:31:54 PM
What is the point of Norn Iron saccer? Long story short, there is no f**king point

You might be right Forever Green, but a similar attitude from Unionists often means they don't give GAA football or hurling a chance. I have got few friends to watch the football or hurling, some liked it, others still weren't fussed. Its the ones who can't be arsed to give it a shot, that have that kind of attitude.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

stew

Quote from: Forever Green on September 25, 2011, 10:31:54 PM

There is a point, the standard is poor enough but they deserve to exist.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hereiam

Yes they deserve to exist but without my tax money financing something that I will never attend.

stew

You will probably never be in jail but you pay for that.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Hereiam on September 26, 2011, 04:38:19 PM
Yes they deserve to exist but without my tax money financing something that I will never attend.
So no public funding for the GAA, either?

"Details of Government funding for the upgrading of Northern Ireland's three main sporting venues has been released.

The Irish Football Association receives £25m to upgrade Windsor Park plus £36m to improve some other stadia and set up a new national training centre.

The Ulster Council of the GAA will get a similar sum to help make Casement Park a 40,000 all-seated stadium.

There will be £14.7m to enable Ulster Rugby to build new and upgrade existing stands at Ravenhill."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/9421657.stm
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"