Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

attheraces

Quote from: snippets on September 07, 2011, 03:40:27 PM
I wouldnt be so sure.  Im from a school of thought that the senior championship should be promoted and dont let the lads settle for anything less,  before long they'll realise they can still take pints, see a lass on a Saturday night, win a medal on a Sunday and whilst its not seniors they can still say they play for their local town. Id do away with reserves, and just have 3rds teams.   

Quote from: winghalfback on September 13, 2011, 10:18:00 PM
I come from a school of thought that the police should not be involved in gaa matters but i do believe that the powers that be in the gaa should sort this matter out and the player should face a very hefty suspension i just think that getting the police involved stinks it

Snippets I was wondering if you made up this school of thought that you attended but obviously winghalfback is from the same "school of thought" with his equally moronic post regarding the incident with the Brackaville lad.

Would this philosophical "school of thought" you men happened to have attended be the South West College or Belfast Met.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

winghalfback

Quote from: attheraces on September 15, 2011, 11:24:34 AM
I wouldnt be so sure.  Im from a school of thought that the senior championship should be promoted and dont let the lads settle for anything less,  before long they'll realise they can still take pints, see a lass on a Saturday night, win a medal on a Sunday and whilst its not seniors they can still say they play for their local town. Id do away with reserves, and just have 3rds teams.   

I come from a school of thought that the police should not be involved in gaa matters but i do believe that the powers that be in the gaa should sort this matter out and the player should face a very hefty suspension i just think that getting the police involved stinks it

Snippets I was wondering if you made up this school of thought that you attended but obviously winghalfback is from the same "school of thought" with his equally moronic post regarding the incident with the Brackaville lad.

Would this philosophical "school of thought" you men happened to have attended be the South West College or Belfast Met.

good one

aChairde

I wouldnt be a fan of police involvement myself but I def feel that there is a line which when crossed should merit the use of the long arm of the law. Have heard of examples were players who are involved in 'niggling' and 'striking' off the ball have contacted the police when they end up on the wrong end of a serious injury. To me if you live by the sword then........ In cases were a player is clearly struck for no reason or attacked simply because they are better than the 'man' trying to mark them then I think there is clear justification for bringing in the police.

In reference to the case being discussed, I think there are a lot of presumptions being made here. I dont know the full story but do know that Brackaville gaels cant understand how it has all become so high profile when they didnt even realise it had happened after the game. There have also been mutes of it being caused accidently. I would wait on the full facts before calling out for massive punishments of any kind.

Moortown Spuds

In fairness the Brackaville lads would be reluctant to go toe to toe with anyone, a cowardly act like this does not surprise me.

attheraces

Quote from: winghalfback on September 15, 2011, 11:51:05 AM
Quote from: attheraces on September 15, 2011, 11:24:34 AM

good one

Take that as a yes, how you can suggest that just because something happens on the pitch it should not feel the force of the law is pathetic, no matter what the incident was in the Brackaville game. What about the young lad in San Francisco? Do you not think it should be dealt with through the law?

Do you think that a player would be less likely to commit such thuggery if he knew that perhaps a custodial sentence lie in wait? If this would lead to an end to these sorts of incidents surely it is worth it, no?
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on September 15, 2011, 01:40:03 PM
In fairness the Brackaville lads would be reluctant to go toe to toe with anyone, a cowardly act like this does not surprise me.

This coming from a moortown man - very ironic  ::)

Dell

Speaking of on the field incidents did the CCC do anything about the Dromore Ardboe game or were they happy with what they saw? Can't work them out at all!
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

MR99

Quote from: Dell on September 15, 2011, 03:30:15 PM
Speaking of on the field incidents did the CCC do anything about the Dromore Ardboe game or were they happy with what they saw? Can't work them out at all!
Having been at the game and talked to many since, there was nothing only handbags during the game with the exception of the umpire incident at the end.  Good tough championship football with a bit of cynical fouling at the end, I think the CCC would have more to do with their time.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: MR99 on September 15, 2011, 03:40:31 PM
Quote from: Dell on September 15, 2011, 03:30:15 PM
Having been at the game and talked to many since, there was nothing only handbags during the game with the exception of the umpire incident at the end.  Good tough championship football with a bit of cynical fouling at the end, I think the CCC would have more to do with their time.
thats far enough MR99, i was at the game aswell and would tend to agree with you, but only if this stance is taken by the CCCC for all games. The level of inconsistancy is unbelievable at times
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

winghalfback

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 15, 2011, 03:10:55 PM
Back in the late 90's a Fintona player was successfully sued by an opponent who had his jaw broken by him in a tournament in Eskra. I know the Fintona guy in question and it was quite out of character for him, but he learned that there was a price to pay for his actions as the man he struck had to take time off work with loss of earnings. There's something in the back of my mind about a Beragh player taking a court case on in similar circumstances a few years later, not to mention a case of several Drumragh players coming off injured in a league game as well.

Maybe its a west tyrone thing then to get the cops involved

gaelic

Are there any dates, times or venues set for the replays? Does it have to be the same venue as Dunmoyle is in middle of the bog.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 15, 2011, 03:10:55 PM
Back in the late 90's a Fintona player was successfully sued by an opponent who had his jaw broken by him in a tournament in Eskra. I know the Fintona guy in question and it was quite out of character for him, but he learned that there was a price to pay for his actions as the man he struck had to take time off work with loss of earnings. There's something in the back of my mind about a Beragh player taking a court case on in similar circumstances a few years later, not to mention a case of several Drumragh players coming off injured in a league game as well.

By several you actually mean two ::)

tyroneboi

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 15, 2011, 07:57:29 PM
Also just a couple of handy links for those listening out to games, every SFC game I believe is being covered on Q101, and it might also be simulcast on Q106 (formerly Six FM).

Q101 - http://icy-e-03.sharp-stream.com:80/q1012fm.mp3
Q106 - http://icy-e-03.sharp-stream.com:80/sixfm.mp3

Unfortunately the streams aren't really mobile friendly unless you have good 3G reception.

Or if any of you have an iPhone get the tunein app which has q101 on it.

tyroneboi

Norf Tyrone

Silly question but can you listen to the radio on a blackberry?  :-[
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone