NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Do Mayo have wind advantage in Clones.
My Irish is not the best

tyrone08

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 23, 2020, 02:16:57 PM
Galway playing some great football. Hope they keep playing like this in c'ship too. McCurry is playing some stuff from Tyrone too. Some very clever passing from him.

Still tying to get my head around how that was a straight red

Itchy

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 23, 2020, 02:35:07 PM
Galway playing some great football. Hope they keep playing like this in c'ship too. McCurry is playing some stuff from Tyrone too. Some very clever passing from him.

Made aggressive contact with Galway man's jaw, that's why. Right call in my opinion.

Angelo

The red card for McGeary is one of the worst decisions I've seen from a referee.

The Galway player hopped up laughing as soon as the red card was issued.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BennyCake

Badly timed shoulder, but McGeary checking to see if Galway opponent is ok before making his way off. So at least there's still some snippets of sportsmanship alive in the game. At least I think that's what he was at  ;D

tyrone08

Quote from: Itchy on February 23, 2020, 02:36:14 PM

Made aggressive contact with Galway man's jaw, that's why. Right call in my opinion.
😂😂😂 Aggressive contact. Is there a non aggressive contact. Was clear as day he was going for a shoulder to shoulder but the Galway lad turned at the last second. Was no where near his jaw.

If you honestly think that was red you should stick to non contact sports in all seriousness

Nanderson

Quote from: Angelo on February 23, 2020, 02:36:37 PM
The red card for McGeary is one of the worst decisions I've seen from a referee.

Mooney from Down got red carded in championship last year for a similar challenge. Any shoulder or elbow that connects with the head is a straight red in the new rules to help prevent concussions. You could actually see it twist his head as McGeary made contact

redzone

Galway player gets up laughing after it
Galway playing lovely football in fairness.

tyrone08

Quote from: Nanderson on February 23, 2020, 02:39:35 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 23, 2020, 02:36:37 PM

Mooney from Down got red carded in championship last year for a similar challenge. Any shoulder or elbow that connects with the head is a straight red in the new rules to help prevent concussions. You could actually see it twist his head as McGeary made contact

Red card rules as below

1. Striking or attempting to strike with arm, elbow, hand, knee or head.
2. Kicking or attempting to kick with minimal force or with force or causing injury.
3. Behaving in any way which is dangerous to an opponent.
4. Spitting at an opponent.
5. Contributing to a melee.
6. Stamping.
7. Inflicting injury recklessly.
8. Abusive language towards a Referee, Umpire, Linesman or Sideline Official.

Non of which applied to kierans challenge

imtommygunn

tyrone08

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 23, 2020, 02:44:35 PM
7?

It wasn't a reckless challenge as it was a shoulder. Plus thr Galway lad got up smiling as soon as the card was show

Itchy

Quote from: redzone on February 23, 2020, 02:40:38 PM

Galway player gets up laughing after it
Galway playing lovely football in fairness.

Laughing afterwards does not reverse the foul, you will have to put in a motion for that. Now it certainly wasnt as a hard a belt as Tiarnan McCanns hair got that time but you can see his head twist with force of impact. In fairness McGeary came back on too to check was he ok. Correct call.

dublin7

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 23, 2020, 02:39:29 PM

😂😂😂 Aggressive contact. Is there a non aggressive contact. Was clear as day he was going for a shoulder to shoulder but the Galway lad turned at the last second. Was no where near his jaw.

If you honestly think that was red you should stick to non contact sports in all seriousness

His shoulder connected with the Galway lads jaw. Stone wall red and easy decision for the ref. Disappointed the Galway player wasn't taken off. It's a joke the way concussion is ignored by all teams in the GAA

Sportacus

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Sportacus on February 23, 2020, 02:49:15 PM
100% a red card.

Yes after looking at the 3rd replay on TG4, shoulder definitely hit the jaw of the Galway player. Fully deserved.

PS. Monaghan 1-5 Mayo 0-8 halftime score from Clones.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.