NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

Quote from: dublin7 on February 01, 2020, 10:47:37 PM
Quote from: galwayman on February 01, 2020, 08:27:34 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 01, 2020, 08:22:50 PM
Quote from: galwayman on February 01, 2020, 07:45:17 PM
That was a joke of a red card in Castlebar.
High tackle - yellow all day long.

Ah jaysus, take off those anti dub glasses. Red card all day long. Mayo looking very limited up front regardless of red card
Anti-Dublin? I'm the least anti-Dublin person you could meet.
A huge admirer of that Dublin team.
But that to me is a high tackle which is a yellow card imo.
Cheap shot that deserved a red card. Mayo were rubbish up front and if they use the red card to delude themselves about the result they're fooling no one but themselves
Ach now come on. In no way that was a cheap shot. Mayo deluding themselves? Maybe you should ask how Dublin only scored a handful of points  (some of which were soft frees) against a 14 man mayo team in 35 min of football.

Farrandeelin

Ah jaysus, take off those anti dub glasses. Red card all day long. Mayo looking very limited up front regardless of red card
Cheap shot that deserved a red card. Mayo were rubbish up front and if they use the red card to delude themselves about the result they're fooling no one but themselves

Dublin weren't exactly excelling themselves either anywhere on the pitch before the red card. I do agree with regards the Mayo forwards, how many wides from 'scorable' frees and indeed overall? But the red card and the goal changed the game in my opinion. I'm not saying that we would have won it but it would probably mean the Dubs having to up the tempo a bit.

Probably a boring game for the neutrals watching it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 01, 2020, 10:52:00 PM

Ach now come on. In no way that was a cheap shot. Mayo deluding themselves? Maybe you should ask how Dublin only scored a handful of points  (some of which were soft frees) against a 14 man mayo team in 35 min of football.

+1.
Red card ( 9 times out of 10 a yellow) decided the game early. After that it was only a matter of how much Dublin would win by. Unfortunate for the large attendance that showed up, but that's the way it goes. Good night out ruined.
Under the circumstances I was happy enough with how Mayo did. Put it to bed and move on.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 01, 2020, 11:15:10 PM

Dublin weren't exactly excelling themselves either anywhere on the pitch before the red card. I do agree with regards the Mayo forwards, how many wides from 'scorable' frees and indeed overall? But the red card and the goal changed the game in my opinion. I'm not saying that we would have won it but it would probably mean the Dubs having to up the tempo a bit.

Why the f**k did Diarmuid not kick all the frees? Better striker of the ball than Cillian or anybody else.
Once the red card happened it was over anyway so it is just about the housekeeping bits that are the most damaging in the long run.
Most Mayo players played very well. If I were Horan I would be happy out. That result tonight means f**k all. Going forward Mayo's biggest concern is keeping Ruane and Mullin. Mullin class again tonight.

highorlow

How did the trouble on the terrace start tonight?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

moysider

highorlow

Aye, skelping going on behind the goals, looked like local teens v middle aged Dubs

giveballaghback

The booing by the mayo supporters was a disgrace and has no place in gaa.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on February 01, 2020, 11:31:40 PM

Why the f**k did Diarmuid not kick all the frees? Better striker of the ball than Cillian or anybody else.
Once the red card happened it was over anyway so it is just about the housekeeping bits that are the most damaging in the long run.
Most Mayo players played very well. If I were Horan I would be happy out. That result tonight means f**k all. Going forward Mayo's biggest concern is keeping Ruane and Mullin. Mullin class again tonight.

Agree totally. Where is Ruane? I thought I heard his name mentioned on the radio playing against Galway in the FBD, but he wasn't named last week or this week.

larryin89

Quote from: giveballaghback on February 01, 2020, 11:51:59 PM

Yes , don't like it myself , booing officials is out of order , booing a free kick is also wrong but targeting a player and booing him the whole game in a soccer style culture is fo o kin disgusting and only once have I witnessed that .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

highorlow

QuoteYes , don't like it myself , booing officials is out of order , booing a free kick is also wrong but targeting a player and booing him the whole game in a soccer style culture is fo o kin disgusting and only once have I witnessed that

The animals ? Last year?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: highorlow on February 01, 2020, 11:48:11 PM
Aye, skelping going on behind the goals, looked like local teens v middle aged Dubs

I stood behind the goals myself, had great craic with the Dubs around me I must say. I didn't see what started it, but what was concerning from my point of view was the amount of Dubs running down to see what was happening, young and old, why bother run down when it's none of your business. I don't think anyone got hurt as the GardaĆ­ were there early.

GaillimhIarthair

If I was handed a 1pt defeat and a good performance prior to our game in Tralee I would have taken it no bother, however, in the context of last nights game we definitely left that one behind us and badly so at that.  To have created so many chances in the first half and taken so few was extremely disappointing with Shane and Damien being to the fore in that regard.  The longer the game progressed in the 2nd half we were definitely in the ascendency and making Kerry look quite rudderless at times.  Walsh was now in full flow and by a distance the outstanding player on view.  Once again, Cillian had another brain fart and we just did not manage that 10 min period when we were down to 14 very well at all, turned over too much ball in our own back line and were constantly outing ourselves under pressure. 
A very enjoyable game of football overall and a cracking atmosphere to boot  in Tralee - very wet drive home though!!! Onwards we go to Letterkenny.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 01, 2020, 11:59:52 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 01, 2020, 11:31:40 PM

Agree totally. Where is Ruane? I thought I heard his name mentioned on the radio playing against Galway in the FBD, but he wasn't named last week or this week.
Shoulder injury for NUIG Sigerson game a few weeks back.

macdanger2

Quote from: giveballaghback on February 01, 2020, 11:51:59 PM

It was poor alright