NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingdom37

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 25, 2020, 10:51:27 PM
Quote from: Kingdom37 on January 25, 2020, 10:11:19 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 25, 2020, 08:56:42 PM
42,902 at a league game in Croker! No wonder they want to get rid of the riff-raff to a 2nd tier!

.if not complaining about the dubs it Kerry junior clubs. You need therapy my friend

I only complain about Kerry's Senior 'B' and Intermediate 'B' club teams.

Sorry if my opinions are uncomfortable for your eyes!

The Dogs on the streets in Kerry know that the hardest part of winning a club AI is winning a County title!

There no need for your anti Kerry tripe. Concentrate on your county

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: dublin7 on January 25, 2020, 11:25:27 PM
Wow. Amazing how people missed Kerry  cynicism. Sean O'Shea shouldhave been sent off. Drove his knee into dubs player on the ground after fouling him. Cowardly cheap shot

Ref signals 6 min injury time. Dubs go in front in 7th minute. Kerry eqaulise in 9th min injury time. Only a few weeks training and Kerry need ref to get a draw.

Aaron Byrne won U21 FOTY undr Dessie and spent last fews years travelling and in US. He's going to be a quality this year for the dubs

Was he the Prince Harry lookalike? Played well alright.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Kingdom37 on January 25, 2020, 11:28:27 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 25, 2020, 10:51:27 PM
Quote from: Kingdom37 on January 25, 2020, 10:11:19 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 25, 2020, 08:56:42 PM
42,902 at a league game in Croker! No wonder they want to get rid of the riff-raff to a 2nd tier!

.if not complaining about the dubs it Kerry junior clubs. You need therapy my friend

I only complain about Kerry's Senior 'B' and Intermediate 'B' club teams.

Sorry if my opinions are uncomfortable for your eyes!

The Dogs on the streets in Kerry know that the hardest part of winning a club AI is winning a County title!

There no need for your anti Kerry tripe. Concentrate on your county

There's No need to demean my comment as anti Kerry tripe, Just because it puts an asterix  in front of titles won by Kerry clubs!

mup

Wow. Amazing how people missed Kerry  cynicism. Sean O'Shea shouldhave been sent off. Drove his knee into dubs player on the ground after fouling him. Cowardly cheap shot

Ref signals 6 min injury time. Dubs go in front in 7th minute. Kerry eqaulise in 9th min injury time. Only a few weeks training and Kerry need ref to get a draw.

Aaron Byrne won U21 FOTY undr Dessie and spent last fews years travelling and in US. He's going to be a quality this year for the dubs

Not like a Dublin player ever did anything like that ever. God no.

Not nice is it?

moysider

Unreal result in Ballybofey.

I suppose we should be used to James Horan's selections at this stage but Donegal were handed the game from the start. 3 subs at ht says a lot. Not sure though he took off all the right lads though!

However, the newer players that can play at this level played well. Swanee was terrific. Oisín Mullin and Tommy Conroy have quality and no doubts about them. Mullin is probably ahead of where  Lee Keegan was at his age. Conroy is only 19.

whitey

Quote from: mup on January 25, 2020, 11:49:04 PM

Not nice is it?

A "Johnny Cooper Special"

Kingdom37

Quote from: mup on January 25, 2020, 11:49:04 PM

Not nice is it?

+1

Baile Brigín 2

Got chatting to some Kerry lads after the game. Their attitude was that thecref treated it like an u12 game movi g thst free up. not happy.

That said, cracking game for January

JoG2

Re Aaron Byrne, what a serious talent. That u21 campaign a few years back, he's as good as I've seen.

Halfquarter

Quote from: Carbery on January 25, 2020, 09:19:00 PM
If Joe Brolly had used the same colourful language as Tomas O'Se did on RTÉ tonight he would be sacked.  Will O'Se receive the same punishment?  But then one man is fro Derry whilst the other is from Kerry.

We probably needed to hear something colourful after listening to Ciaran Kilkenny's insipid interview. !

Hound

Happy with that performance from a Dublin perspective. Better than I expected.

James O'Donoghue looking back to his old self was a big positive for Kerry.

Didn't want to lose the game, and the leadership qualities throughout the team shone through in the last 10. Kerry though too can be very satisfied with working that equaliser.

I wasn't sure about moving Howard out of wing forward and into midfield. But it sure looks the best alternative now.

ballinaman

Quote from: moysider on January 25, 2020, 11:57:20 PM

I suppose we should be used to James Horan's selections at this stage but Donegal were handed the game from the start. 3 subs at ht says a lot. Not sure though he took off all the right lads though!

However, the newer players that can play at this level played well. Swanee was terrific. Oisín Mullin and Tommy Conroy have quality and no doubts about them. Mullin is probably ahead of where  Lee Keegan was at his age. Conroy is only 19.
4 AFL clubs after Oisin Mullin , he was top performer at combine trials...

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: ballinaman on January 26, 2020, 09:52:55 AM
Quote from: moysider on January 25, 2020, 11:57:20 PM

4 AFL clubs after Oisin Mullin , he was top performer at combine trials...
Luckily our new rules don't suit the AFL

Farrandeelin

Review of sorts.

Clarke, did well under the high balls dropping in. Almost gifted Donegal a goal, but as per my previous post they hit it wide. Mullen, fitted right in going to be a solid cb or hb. Harrison wasn't too bad either. Boyle - ferocious in the tackle as ever. Everything you want in a player. O'Hora, was excellent I thought. What age is he does anyone know? Coen had a decent game too, did as well as he could on Murphy. Durcan had a good few drives upfield too. Struggled at midfield big time in first half. Parsons might never fully recover from his injury. Jordan Flynn played better in the second half when moved to half forward line. I thought Bryan Walsh struggled big time and was surprised to see him coming out after half time. Diarmuid had a very good game in my opinion. Boland was ok also I think,(was behind the goal to the left of the tv screens and I thought he kicked the ball away in the first half a bit too much). His sub certainly made an impact at the end of the game. Tommy Conroy had a solid performance. Not sure if Reape was the answer to our problems. Carr scored a peach of a goal ;D.

The halftime subs definitely made an impact. It seems to be typical Horan, wait until halftime to make a sub regardless of how bad anyone's playing.

Ref was frustrating. I couldn't believe the Donegal number 5 didn't see the line after crashing the player whose name escapes me st this moment in time into the wall of the stand.

Donegal will be kicking themselves after that. They had awful wides. As Manning18 said Mayo got lucky. It's nice to have a biteen of luck for a change. Major improvement needed for the weekend ahead.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Major issue now is kickouts , that hanging ball style Clarke has is foo kin brutal , it really stood out for me last night , it's too much effort to keep chasing your own kick out . Donegal should of won handy but they were poor at shooting especially in first half . Dublin will eat us alive next week unless there is something done about kick out strategy. Mullen looks primed to be a massive county star but the Aussies are supposed to be very interested in him as someone already said . I like the cut of Conroy , he has pace and skill . Ryan o donoghue looks like he plenty of ball skills but very light frame . O hora needs a haircut and he'll be grand . Tom P , It's very hard to criticise such a heroic brave man but I'd have my doubts he'll ever return to the player he was . Aido was brilliant when introduced, could see him having a brilliant year . Diarmuid was a mixed bag , I still believe he doesn't realise his potential , still very decent though in patches last night , nice place ball kicker too , I can't recall him taking them off the ground like that before .  Boyler still has it , simple as that , he must be putting in some yards last couple of years to maintain the standard he achieves . Carr has potential but needs to show more grit for a big man at winning ball coming in . Ruane, Cillian and Leroy will obviously add a bit when they come in , staying up would be a great achievement for where this squad is at at the moment .

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .