NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manning18

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 25, 2020, 07:58:41 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 25, 2020, 07:34:59 PM
I'd agree with BJ Padden on that James Carr goal, a point effort that dropped into the net.

Commentator seemed to think he meant it. Pretty sure it was a point attempt that dropped short into the far corner of the net.

He didn't look at the posts at all so had no idea where the keeper was, so was 100% a point attempt. Between that, the ref playing way over time, the other jammy deflected goal and all the Donegal wides, it looks as if lady luck is on Mayo's side for yet another season

yellowcard

Seems like genuine bad blood between some of the Kerry and Dublin players which is good to see. Football needs rivalries like that and the likelihood is they could meet in an All Ireland final again in September when the stakes will be higher.

yellowcard

Quote from: Carbery on January 25, 2020, 09:19:00 PM
If Joe Brolly had used the same colourful language as Tomas O'Se did on RTÉ tonight he would be sacked.  Will O'Se receive the same punishment?  But then one man is fro Derry whilst the other is from Kerry.

He will be getting a memo tomorrow warning him about his behaviour! Who was the woman pundit in the middle?

Saffrongael

Quote from: yellowcard on January 25, 2020, 09:27:23 PM
If Joe Brolly had used the same colourful language as Tomas O'Se did on RTÉ tonight he would be sacked.  Will O'Se receive the same punishment?  But then one man is fro Derry whilst the other is from Kerry.

He will be getting a memo tomorrow warning him about his behaviour! Who was the woman pundit in the middle?

The usual quota filling female that nobody has clue who it is, ridiculous tokenism from RTE the last few years
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

macdanger2

Quote from: Manning18 on January 25, 2020, 09:22:18 PM
I'd agree with BJ Padden on that James Carr goal, a point effort that dropped into the net.

Commentator seemed to think he meant it. Pretty sure it was a point attempt that dropped short into the far corner of the net.

He didn't look at the posts at all so had no idea where the keeper was, so was 100% a point attempt. Between that, the ref playing way over time, the other jammy deflected goal and all the Donegal wides, it looks as if lady luck is on Mayo's side for yet another season

;D ;D

thejuice

Good game in Croker. Thought Kerry bottled it in the last 10 minutes and lucky to draw but fair play to Ciaran Kilkenny for pulling the strings to get Dublin back in the lead. He's Dublin's best player in my opinion. Tommy Walsh was mostly ineffective. I thought he'd be pulled off by half time. A lot of faking of injuries by Dublin while Loundes was in the sin bin and other time wasting towards the end.

Dublin's indiscipline was probably their biggest worry. For the most part their passing and movement was sharp and they looked to be good shape physically. The newer members of the panel probably didn't catch too many eyes but they weren't out of their depth either.

I doubt the CCCC will do anything about the handbags at the end. There was nothing to it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Dubh driocht

I disagree that there was nothing in it. There was real nastiness,  particularly from the Dubs. O'Carroll ran his studs down the Achilles of Geaney? when the Kerry forwards boot came off. Dangerous.  Then John Small was beating all round him. Should have been lined. The targeting of Clifford at the end was nasty. This is a talented 21 year old who the neutrals love to watch. Yet the Dubs lit on him at the end like Leopards on a foal. Cynical.

Kingdom37

Quote from: thejuice on January 25, 2020, 09:58:16 PM
Good game in Croker. Thought Kerry bottled it in the last 10 minutes and lucky to draw but fair play to Ciaran Kilkenny for pulling the strings to get Dublin back in the lead. He's Dublin's best player in my opinion. Tommy Walsh was mostly ineffective. I thought he'd be pulled off by half time. A lot of faking of injuries by Dublin while Loundes was in the sin bin and other time wasting towards the end.

Dublin's indiscipline was probably their biggest worry. For the most part their passing and movement was sharp and they looked to be good shape physically. The newer members of the panel probably didn't catch too many eyes but they weren't out of their depth either.

I doubt the CCCC will do anything about the handbags at the end. There was nothing to it.

We should of win that. Referee gave us nothing but sure we wont grumble about that

thewobbler

Hopefully sooner rather than later the penny will drop with RTE that a female GAA analyst has as much insight, clarity and gravitas in men's inter county football, as pulling in someone (of either gender) from Aussie Rules to provide analysis.

Kingdom37

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 25, 2020, 08:56:42 PM
42,902 at a league game in Croker! No wonder they want to get rid of the riff-raff to a 2nd tier!

.if not complaining about the dubs it Kerry junior clubs. You need therapy my friend

yellowcard

Kerry tackled very hard in that second half but Philly McMahon should have seen red, whilst the incident where the Kerry lad that was sin binned wasn't even a free kick in my book. That said Kerry seemed to go back into their shell again for the last 10 minutes plus injury time. A draw was probably the right result even if there were some poor refereeing decisions made during the game.

BennyCake

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 25, 2020, 09:34:48 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 25, 2020, 09:27:23 PM

The usual quota filling female that nobody has clue who it is, ridiculous tokenism from RTE the last few years

They have to include the women ya know, otherwise they'll have  the 'burn your bra' types attacking the RTÉ studios.

I blame that Weinstein bollix

From the Bunker

Quote from: Kingdom37 on January 25, 2020, 10:11:19 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 25, 2020, 08:56:42 PM
42,902 at a league game in Croker! No wonder they want to get rid of the riff-raff to a 2nd tier!

.if not complaining about the dubs it Kerry junior clubs. You need therapy my friend

I only complain about Kerry's Senior 'B' and Intermediate 'B' club teams.

Sorry if my opinions are uncomfortable for your eyes!

The Dogs on the streets in Kerry know that the hardest part of winning a club AI is winning a County title!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 25, 2020, 09:40:04 PM
Quote from: Manning18 on January 25, 2020, 09:22:18 PM

;D ;D

f**k me, I  left before the goal went in. Which is rather unlike me. I just couldn't see a way back for Mayo at that late stage. Yes Carr went for a point and it dropped in. Donegal will be kicking themselves with their poor shooting and dropped balls into Clarke's hands however.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

dublin7

Wow. Amazing how people missed Kerry  cynicism. Sean O'Shea shouldhave been sent off. Drove his knee into dubs player on the ground after fouling him. Cowardly cheap shot

Ref signals 6 min injury time. Dubs go in front in 7th minute. Kerry eqaulise in 9th min injury time. Only a few weeks training and Kerry need ref to get a draw.

Aaron Byrne won U21 FOTY undr Dessie and spent last fews years travelling and in US. He's going to be a quality this year for the dubs