Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

A new image of the Casement Park redevelopment concept with be tweeted from @CasementPark at 4.00pm.
Testing Accessibility

johnneycool

I see Crusaders have made it to the high court in their attempt to mount a legal challenge to the Windsor park development giving Linfield an unfair advantage:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22190984

I hope this has no direct impact on Casement.

rrhf

ziggysego

Quote from: johnneycool on April 18, 2013, 10:48:28 AM
I hope this has no direct impact on Casement.

According to the BBC, it shouldn't affect Casement Park or Ravenhill.
Testing Accessibility

armaghniac

I've nothing against the new Casement, as long as Antrim isn't allowed use it more than everyone else.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on April 18, 2013, 08:45:20 PM
I've nothing against the new Casement, as long as Antrim isn't allowed use it more than everyone else.

I'll get to play for the over 40's if it gets going again, though by the time it gets built I'll be in my 50's ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 26, 2013, 08:31:27 PM
Looks well, still not a fan of the roof not being completed the whole way round!

I wonder if the NIMBY lobby gave out about the height of a roofed end.

WeeDonns

Quote from: ziggysego on April 18, 2013, 10:42:01 AM
A new image of the Casement Park redevelopment concept with be tweeted from @CasementPark at 4.00pm.
No sign of them and the posts have been removed, maybe design changes as a result of the community consultation days?

snatter

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 18, 2013, 09:06:10 PM
Looks well, still not a fan of the roof not being completed the whole way round!

Yes, roof only dropped because of protests by residents in apartments on Andytown road.

Architects confirmed on skyscraper architecture forum that the only reason the modern optimal bowl design isn't being used is because site is too constrained.

Also confirmed that main Andytown Rd needs to be clawed for several hours on event days in order to caste dispersal space for crowds.

Much of the cost is to be made up of creating underground parking under the pitch, again because of a lack of space.

Isn't it obvious that the site is simply too small.
Unless they buy all the surrounding houses, we'll end up with a lot less than we should have got for the money.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: snatter on April 28, 2013, 09:52:20 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 18, 2013, 09:06:10 PM

Yes, roof only dropped because of protests by residents in apartments on Andytown road.

Architects confirmed on skyscraper architecture forum that the only reason the modern optimal bowl design isn't being used is because site is too constrained.

Also confirmed that main Andytown Rd needs to be clawed for several hours on event days in order to caste dispersal space for crowds.

Much of the cost is to be made up of creating underground parking under the pitch, again because of a lack of space.

Isn't it obvious that the site is simply too small.
Unless they buy all the surrounding houses, we'll end up with a lot less than we should have got for the money.
The site is a joke for the capacity they are talking about.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

I'm for it, yes there is going to be upheaval and disruptions and residents aren't going to be happy, but to just say no to a state of the art arena is madness. It will create jobs for a lot of local builders hopefully, also with concerts and big games the local shops, bars and eateries should make a few pound extra on match days that hey would never have got. I loved the grassy banks as much as the last next guy, sitting in the sun (when it used to shine) few cans, bitta banter with the country men but its time to move on.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snatter

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2013, 12:39:30 PM
........ but its time to move on.

Agreed, but let's spend this once in a century windfall on getting as good a stadium as we can get. You can't get close if you start on a site that's too small.

Long term, you can't get the revenue you need unless you host concerts. If the residents object to a roof, then they'll scupper concerts as well. Especially if an arterial route like the Andttown Rd has to be closed for hours on end.

With no concerts, this eill cost the gaa

Milltown Row2

Quote from: snatter on April 28, 2013, 02:40:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2013, 12:39:30 PM
........ but its time to move on.

Agreed, but let's spend this once in a century windfall on getting as good a stadium as we can get. You can't get close if you start on a site that's too small.

Long term, you can't get the revenue you need unless you host concerts. If the residents object to a roof, then they'll scupper concerts as well. Especially if an arterial route like the Andttown Rd has to be closed for hours on end.

With no concerts, this eill cost the gaa

Yes its too tight and infrastructure is poor enough but there is no other option for the money to be used, It's Casement and nowhere else. The underground parking will be a good idea, the likes of concerts I'm sure will seem difficult but plenty of stadiums that have concerts and they don't have problems, Croke Park being one of them

Maguire01