Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: hardstation on February 08, 2013, 03:09:52 PM
Hippy's Chippy.

The two Donnellys should just move the butcher's shop down from Ballycastle, or set up a new grill:
Hippy Hippy Steaks

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: ziggysego on February 21, 2013, 10:39:28 AM
BBC show plenty about Windsor Park and Ravenhill's development plans over the year. Casement Park make an announcement and it's barely acknowledged by the BBC.
in fairness the BBC coverage is acknowledging the fact that Ravenhill and Windsor Park have received planning approval. Casement is just at the consultation stage. I assume it will get similar coverage when it gets through the planning process. We might even get to see wee Alex in an Antrim shirt at the photo call
Careful now

Maguire01

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 21, 2013, 06:03:43 PM
BBC show plenty about Windsor Park and Ravenhill's development plans over the year. Casement Park make an announcement and it's barely acknowledged by the BBC.
in fairness the BBC coverage is acknowledging the fact that Ravenhill and Windsor Park have received planning approval. Casement is just at the consultation stage. I assume it will get similar coverage when it gets through the planning process. We might even get to see wee Alex in an Antrim shirt at the photo call
Precisely.

ziggysego

Well no. When Windsor and Ravenhill were at the stage Casement's at now, it was all over the news.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on February 23, 2013, 07:49:03 PM

Well no. When Windsor and Ravenhill were at the stage Casement's at now, it was all over the news.
Prove it.

ziggysego

Unfortunately I don't have access to the BBC's and UTV's archives. I did look on iPlayer and UTV Player.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/21607854

A Casement Park residents' group has accused the GAA of giving "misleading and factually inaccurate information" over the redevelopment of the stadium.

A group of local residents, called the Mooreland Owenvarragh Residents Association, are concerned about the height of the proposed new 38,000 all-seater stadium in west Belfast.
The potential shadow impact on local housing is another issue being raised.
The group claim their concerns have not been seriously addressed by the GAA.
The residents' group (MORA), which is being chaired by former Down hurling manager John Crossey, is calling for a meeting with the Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure Minister Caral Ni Chuilin.

The group has held several meetings with the GAA in the last 12 months over the proximity of the £76m redevelopment project to local housing, and the impact it will have on the community and quality of life of local residents.
"Although it is the case that the meetings have been professional and genial, the Association remains concerned that issues raised on behalf of local people have not been seriously addressed by the GAA," said Crossey.

The residents are disappointed with plans to facilitate access for organisers through a tunnel entrance which goes through a small cul-de-sac in Mooreland Park.
The residents' group, which was formed in 2012, has already met with similar groups which sprung up during the redevelopment of Croke Park and the Aviva Stadium in Dublin.
They have held meetings with local political representatives, including the Environment Minister Alex Atwood, but DCAL Minister Caral Ni Chuilin has as yet not agreed to meet with the residents' group.

"A visual impact survey has not been carried out, despite a request from MORA on a number of occasions, and a shadow impact survey has still not been carried out, despite repeated requests," Crossey added.
A public consultation process is currently underway until April 2013, after which a community consultation report on the stadium will be published.

The Ulster Council pledged to build a stadium that will enhance the local community when it unveiled plans for the rebuild at a launch in the City Hall in early February.
The stadium will be built with the help of government funding (£62m) and the GAA's Central Council (£14m).
The GAA hope the new stadium will be ready before the end of 2016
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on February 27, 2013, 09:17:26 PM
Is that bollix Hardstation causing issues again?

No John Crossey, ex Antrim hurler and manager to any team that will take him!! Surprised (though he lives there ) that he'd prefer Casement not to be redeveloped, probably impacts on a lot of residents who have used their back yards as access points (for a few quid) to get into Casement!! Oh they were the days, up a ladder and into Casement, we'd a mate (purely for this reason) who'd we call into on big match day Sunday's and climb over!! Even called when he was living in the states on year!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggysego

The latest image of the proposed redevelopment of Casement Park.

Testing Accessibility

Walter Cronc

Looks well, still not a fan of the roof not being completed the whole way round!

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 26, 2013, 08:31:27 PM
Looks well, still not a fan of the roof not being completed the whole way round!
Have to agree. It wouldn't be so bad if the open end was a terrace but to have an open seated area is a mistake in my opinion
Careful now

Walter Cronc

With our worsening weather I think an open end is pointless. I'd have preferred a reduced capacity and fully covered, if not a roof!

rrhf