Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stall the Bailer

Walter Cronc

Impressive design but the Anderstown road end leaves a lot to be desired! Why no cover on this end!! With our weather this is madness. No one will want to be exposed to the elements.

Still feel at 40k it's a bit big. Would love to have seen it modelled along the lines of the Forsythe Barr stadium in New Zealand (see link). 30k capacity, breathable roof with natural turf. Cost in the region of 100 million pounds. 25 million more than the current proposal.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=rugby+stadium+dunedin&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#biv=i|0;d|BJSeN42h74v5iM:

ziggysego

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 06, 2013, 06:28:52 PM
Impressive design but the Anderstown road end leaves a lot to be desired! Why no cover on this end!! With our weather this is madness. No one will want to be exposed to the elements.

Still feel at 40k it's a bit big. Would love to have seen it modelled along the lines of the Forsythe Barr stadium in New Zealand (see link). 30k capacity, breathable roof with natural turf. Cost in the region of 100 million pounds. 25 million more than the current proposal.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=rugby+stadium+dunedin&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#biv=i|0;d|BJSeN42h74v5iM:

That's hideous looking.
Testing Accessibility

theticklemister

I dunno lads; looks we like a soccer stadium to me......... Give me an oul tin roof with oul lads leaning over a barrier chatting about an u-10 game chewing straw any day.

snoopdog

Looks fantastic, built for concerts id say with the open end for a stage. Mini croker.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ziggysego on February 06, 2013, 07:15:18 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 06, 2013, 06:28:52 PM

That's hideous looking.

Everyone to their own! I just think this is a rather lazy design, with the GAA again more concerned with capacity than adaptability!

Lecale2

theticklemister

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 06, 2013, 08:59:30 PM
Looks good but where is the car & coach park?

Up in the waste ground beside the pd; a couple of local youths in celtic tops will be charging two euro a piece to make sure your vehicle is secure.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

armaghniac

QuoteGreat for political demonstrations and commemorations too.

Do you think they will have the next "Ulster" day there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ck

Very very impressive stadium. Will Ulster finals be played here? Clones will never get a game then