Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cfclg

Quote from: crookes on September 05, 2018, 09:37:33 AM
It's looking like the SHC will be between Dunloy and Cushendall again this season. Loughgiel and St John's haven't the quality across the squads to match either of them at the minute. Knockout games are different but from what has been on show so far

Not if they get drawn to meet each other in the semis!

Can someone clarify that it is open draw for semis?

NAG1

Quote from: cfclg on September 05, 2018, 12:16:41 PM
It's looking like the SHC will be between Dunloy and Cushendall again this season. Loughgiel and St John's haven't the quality across the squads to match either of them at the minute. Knockout games are different but from what has been on show so far

It is an open draw but you cant be drawn against a team that has qualified from your group  :-X

cfclg

Quote from: NAG1 on September 05, 2018, 12:22:31 PM
Quote from: cfclg on September 05, 2018, 12:16:41 PM

It is an open draw but you cant be drawn against a team that has qualified from your group  :-X

Jeekers, if theres an a*se about face way to do something and complicate it we will surely find it!!

First in one group v second in the other would have made for a better spectacle in the group stages as well. But that would have made too much sense  ;D

NAG1

Is it just me or does it feel like there has been little or no hurling to speak of in the county this year?  :(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on September 10, 2018, 12:36:56 PM
Is it just me or does it feel like there has been little or no hurling to speak of in the county this year?  :(

Jesus the hurling at county level was nip and tuck in nearly all the games and they were very unlucky

As for club hurling sure its not championship till the semi finals and that the same every year at senior

as for the intermediate its very close and any of the 4 semi finalist will fancy their chances and 2 of the teams are playing in a league below !

I'd be more concerned if an Antrim team doesnt beat S'neil this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

What are the dates for the semi finals in the senior and when is the draw for it?
hurl like f**k boi!

jdyok

I believe the draw will be made on 17th (County Meeting); semi-finals 30th September and final 14th October...

Milltown Row2

With Rossa giving Portglenone a good test in the football last weekend, have they players back for championship? Will this match be a lot closer than expected? Rossa would love nothing more to upset the Johnnies and form may go out the window when the whistle is blown! 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron123

Would be very surprised, cant see there being any less than 10 points in this!

Minder

Sad news from Randalstown about Darryl Heatley, an absolute gent, I'm sure some of you would have known him from playing against him.

RIP
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on September 13, 2018, 12:56:01 PM
Sad news from Randalstown about Darryl Heatley, an absolute gent, I'm sure some of you would have known him from playing against him.

RIP

Shocking, would have run up against him many a time!  :(

ciaran1988

Predictions for this weekend games and prices from Paddy Power

Sarsfields (10/1) vs Cushendall (1/50) - Cushendall by 15+
St Johns (1/10) vs Rossa (11/2) - St Johns by 8
Carey (8/15) vs Creggan (13/8) - I can see extra time needed
St Galls (8/15) vs St Endas - St Galls a good bet here I see them winning by 5 at least

What's the thoughts of other posters on the games

Na Glinntí Glasa

RIP

just heard this myself. i went to the tech in Ballymena with him for a few years. Came up against him a few times in the camogie when he was over Creggan girls as well.

A great fella. Shocking news.

RIP
hurl like f**k boi!

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2018, 01:18:39 PM

RIP

Shocking, would have run up against him many a time!  :(

Very sad, don't think I've seen him since playing days. A civil fella and great player for Whitehill.

Last Man

Quote from: ciaran1988 on September 13, 2018, 01:49:41 PM
Predictions for this weekend games and prices from Paddy Power

Sarsfields (10/1) vs Cushendall (1/50) - Cushendall by 15+
St Johns (1/10) vs Rossa (11/2) - St Johns by 8
Carey (8/15) vs Creggan (13/8) - I can see extra time needed
St Galls (8/15) vs St Endas - St Galls a good bet here I see them winning by 5 at least

What's the thoughts of other posters on the games

I see both the IHC games being tight affairs.