24 (13.2%)
No never again
52 (28.6%)
I never have
62 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 182

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: seafoid on November 24, 2010, 08:32:54 AM
FF should stop sending senior party members onto TV programmes. I have seen Pat Carey being savaged, Mary Hanafin look ridiculous, Dick Roche look out of his depth and Tony Killeen lose the cool totally in the last week. 
There is a line that they can follow that makes sense and that is a true reflection of what happened last week. Brian Cowen was shafted by the ECB when it became clear that the emergency liquidity support provided to the banks would no longer be expanded. Instead the FFers  get tied up in pointless arguments that make them look stupid.

Noel Dempsey, my absolute least favourite politician of all time, hes an absolute ****, was on newstalk this evening, when george hook asked him why they weren't going to means test the pension that people like hook didnt need the pension, dempsey suggested he shouldnt accept it, that was his f**king solution to it
what an absolute useless p***k
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ross4life

The only good thing the current government did was the smoking ban?

Enough is enough time for a change folks.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 24, 2010, 10:05:01 PM
FF should stop sending senior party members onto TV programmes. I have seen Pat Carey being savaged, Mary Hanafin look ridiculous, Dick Roche look out of his depth and Tony Killeen lose the cool totally in the last week. 
There is a line that they can follow that makes sense and that is a true reflection of what happened last week. Brian Cowen was shafted by the ECB when it became clear that the emergency liquidity support provided to the banks would no longer be expanded. Instead the FFers  get tied up in pointless arguments that make them look stupid.

Noel Dempsey, my absolute least favourite politician of all time, hes an absolute ****, was on newstalk this evening, when george hook asked him why they weren't going to means test the pension that people like hook didnt need the pension, dempsey suggested he shouldnt accept it, that was his f**king solution to it

Thats priceless, thats what most politicans say including the opposition, that the system is wrong but thats the system, surely whats good for them is good for Geroge Hook.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on November 24, 2010, 10:32:39 PM

& the plastic bag tax, that was a good idea too.

ross4life

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 24, 2010, 10:34:00 PM

Yeah that was great lol but Jaysus i'm scratching my head here to what else they did good?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ross4life on November 24, 2010, 10:42:54 PM

Yeah that was great lol but Jaysus i'm scratching my head here to what else they did good?

Well there is a decent motorway network as long as you pretend that there is nowhere between Galway and Dundalk and noone needs to refuel or rest while driving on those moterways.

They did continue the work of Bruton & Reynolds in the North.

f**k I think I might be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

Hardy

The Grand Slam. What about the Grand Slam?

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on November 24, 2010, 11:20:01 PM

Mary Harney v J Healy-Rae?
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Hardy on November 24, 2010, 11:20:01 PM

Maybe I was drunk but I don't remember Willie O'Dee crossing the tri-line against the Welsh, might be wrong, I was pretty drunk tbh.

I think they brokered the Saipan Crises though.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 24, 2010, 10:05:01 PM

I think that this is the problem with this country in a nutshell. The politicians who run it are in an endless cycle of trying to get elected and don't let anything get in their way of acieving that. Certainly not doing the right thing and taking childrens allowance and state pensions away from the wealthy and well off who do not need them, why? Simply because they are wired up to think they will lose a few votes when they do that. A few grumpy rich gits will stop voting for them and they might lose a few freinds at the upper ends of society

Now at the end of the day withdrawing childrens allowance and state pensions from the rich is only a very small unimportant issue, but if they can't get things right on the small issues what makes you think they will get things right on the big issues. As we have seen Bertie and co were not able to deflate the bubble on time, they never even tried, in fact they inflated it so that they would win votes.

Bertie was the ultimate me feiner, winning elections while flushing the future of the country down the toilet. I am surprised that he has not been the subject of more media attention at this time and public anger. People still seem to think he was some sort of hero. He should have fled the country at this time.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 24, 2010, 10:47:16 PM
Quote from: ross4life on November 24, 2010, 10:42:54 PM

Well there is a decent motorway network as long as you pretend that there is nowhere between Galway and Dundalk and noone needs to refuel or rest while driving on those moterways.

They did continue the work of Bruton & Reynolds in the North.

f**k I think I might be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

You can't be serious, even with your FG blinkers on. You can be a good poster on here but you are beginning to display the same sort of brainless sheep loyalty to a party that you accuse FF voters of having. How often I heard FF people say things like that about the "great" Haughey. How long after Bruton was in power did the 1st cease fire end. He was almost the cause of the complete collapse of negotiations.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Came across this on politics.ie

I notice back at the last local elections in 2009 Achill, Curraun Peninsula, Clare Island, East Ballina hinterland, North-East Mayo and pockets in the South showed strong support for Fianna Fail, it will be interesting to see if this changes in the upcoming general election.

The areas in South Mayo appear to include Tuar Mhic Éadaí and Mayo Abbey if I have judged correctly.

Below is the Fine Gael support for comparison