Maybe at some time in the future
24 (13.2%)
No never again
52 (28.6%)
I never have
62 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 182

IolarCoisCuain

To the people who are saying it couldn't be any worse: of course it could be worse. It could be much, much worse. Who knows where all this will end?

We are a nation that judge TDs' ability to govern and run an economy on their ability to attend funerals. Isn't it pretty much a miracle there's anyone left on the island at all?

deiseach

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 20, 2010, 12:36:43 PM
O I get it Ulick you want me to come back and join the other 450,000 on the live register, now that would be really patriotic. I have had to leave the country I love because of those FIANNA FAIL c***ts, I HATE THEM AND AM ANGRY, I NEVER WANTED TO HAVE TO EMMIGRATE, f**k THEM b**tards AND THE HORSE THEY RODE IN ON. IF YOU VOTE FOR THESE PRICKS I HATE YOU TOO.

My dad will be voting FF in the next election precisely to antagonise the likes of you. Well done.

Personally I have always voted FF but will be voting anyone but FF the next time around. I don't think things would have been very different had someone else been in charge over the last decade but there has to be some manner of reckoning for the way in which FF were captured by the very people they meant to be overseeing on behalf of the nation.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: deiseach on November 20, 2010, 08:30:58 PM

My dad will be voting FF in the next election precisely to antagonise the likes of you. Well done.

I'm confused by this line Deiseach, what would his reasoning for that be, because I'm a Fine Gaeler, because I had to emmigrate for work, because I hate Fianna Fail, because I believe in justice and liberty, because I'm an Atheist, because I'm a Mayoman, because I curse, because I use larger font size, because I highlight in red, because he doesn't like my views or personality or just because hes a spiteful genepool p***k or where you being sarcastic?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

deiseach

Quote from: Zapatista on November 20, 2010, 04:27:40 PM
My point is though that you can have a left wing Government and still have a healthy middle class. There are left leaning countries in various parts of the world with an extremely healthy middle class. The problem in Ireland is that people automatically assume that left wing parties will work for the working class while right wing parties will work for the middle class. If you take Britian for example - the NHS is a left wing idea but it serves all, middle class and working class. It can exist and function quite well under a right wing government. If you try to bring in that idea in Ireland you are accused of being an extreme left winger and a threat to a peacefull law abiding middle class. Taxing middle earners is not nessecaraly an attack on the middle class. It might narrow the gap between the middle class and working class but if it's fair then so be it.

The problem with that analysis is that developed countries are, well, developed. The NHS is an extreme example. There isn't a country other than Britain that has quite such a planned (in the communist sense of the word, and I do not use it as a term of abuse) health system. It was only possible to introduce something so radical in a country which was malleable after the trauma of war. Increasing taxes is the least of the problems you'd have introducing the NHS into Ireland. It would involve what would effectively be a massive seizure of assets and wealth by the State. What would you do if people resisted that? Send them to gulags?

deiseach

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 20, 2010, 08:37:57 PM

I'm confused by this line Deiseach, what would his reasoning for that be, because I'm a Fine Gaeler, because I had to emmigrate for work, because I hate Fianna Fail, because I believe in justice and liberty, because I'm an Atheist, because I'm a Mayoman, because I curse, because I use larger font size, because I highlight in red, because he doesn't like my views or personality or just because hes a spiteful genepool p***k or where you being sarcastic?

If you were in a pub and someone shrieked at you in the spittle-flecked manner of your uppercase, red-lettered diatribe, would you be surprised if they reacted against you?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: deiseach on November 20, 2010, 08:41:16 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on November 20, 2010, 04:27:40 PM
My point is though that you can have a left wing Government and still have a healthy middle class. There are left leaning countries in various parts of the world with an extremely healthy middle class. The problem in Ireland is that people automatically assume that left wing parties will work for the working class while right wing parties will work for the middle class. If you take Britian for example - the NHS is a left wing idea but it serves all, middle class and working class. It can exist and function quite well under a right wing government. If you try to bring in that idea in Ireland you are accused of being an extreme left winger and a threat to a peacefull law abiding middle class. Taxing middle earners is not nessecaraly an attack on the middle class. It might narrow the gap between the middle class and working class but if it's fair then so be it.

The problem with that analysis is that developed countries are, well, developed. The NHS is an extreme example. There isn't a country other than Britain that has quite such a planned (in the communist sense of the word, and I do not use it as a term of abuse) health system. It was only possible to introduce something so radical in a country which was malleable after the trauma of war. Increasing taxes is the least of the problems you'd have introducing the NHS into Ireland. It would involve what would effectively be a massive seizure of assets and wealth by the State. What would you do if people resisted that? Send them to gulags?

The way this government are going we very well maybe as easy to bend as a country coming out of a war. No don't send them to the Gulags, make emmigration official government policy and let them emmigrate, O wait it is and hundreds of thousands have already.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: deiseach on November 20, 2010, 08:43:19 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 20, 2010, 08:37:57 PM

If you were in a pub and someone shrieked at you in the spittle-flecked manner of your uppercase, red-lettered diatribe, would you be surprised if they reacted against you?

So he is so petty he would force the country into further ruin just to spite someone he does not know or has a few pints on them. WOW Dev did a good job on them boys. When will the genepool admit they are wrong and then go crawl under a rock and have a little think about where they have led this country.

mylestheslasher

Deiseach - did u always vote ff cos it was a family tradition? Same for you mayogodhelpus. Serious question.

pintsofguinness

There's not one of those parties I'd trust with the running of the country.
I don't think it would be really any different with any of them in. 
That said, I'd rather have FF over yon c***ts in FG.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

deiseach

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 20, 2010, 08:47:30 PM
So he is so petty he would force the country into further ruin just to spite someone he does not know or has a few pints on them. WOW Dev did a good job on them boys. When will the genepool admit they are wrong and then go crawl under a rock and have a little think about where they have led this country.

Er, where did I suggest that he was reacting to you personally?

deiseach

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 20, 2010, 08:55:38 PM
Deiseach - did u always vote ff cos it was a family tradition?

It's a fair question. In a word, yes

Nally Stand

FIANNA FAIL c***ts, I HATE THEM AND AM ANGRY, ....f**k THEM b**tards AND THE HORSE THEY RODE IN ON. IF YOU VOTE FOR THESE PRICKS I HATE YOU TOO.

:D That fairly accurately sums up how I feel about FG. Not that I would have anything much nicer to say about FF gangsters mind you.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 20, 2010, 08:55:38 PM
Deiseach - did u always vote ff cos it was a family tradition? Same for you mayogodhelpus. Serious question.

My family tradition isn't all FG, we have FG, Labour, FF background. If I wasn't FG, I probably would have gone to Labour (like my brother) but I don't trust them to govern on their own (my brother probably has the same view about FG that I do about Labour). If I really really thought I could trust SF and if they actually formed real policies that work other than the national question I might give them a chance as a minor coalition partner (I know its hard to vote like that), not yet though, they might get a low preference if they catch me on a good day. I didn't mind the PD's in their early years but turned against them as it became apparent to me that they where heartless b**tards and a proxy for Fianna Fail. I always had a soft spot for the Democratic Left & liked Proinsias De Rossa (yea I know, why not give SF a real chance then). I never passed much heed of the Greens, but now its time for them to go.

I have voted FG, Labour, Green & Independent in the past

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 20, 2010, 09:09:07 PM
FIANNA FAIL c***ts, I HATE THEM AND AM ANGRY, ....f**k THEM b**tards AND THE HORSE THEY RODE IN ON. IF YOU VOTE FOR THESE PRICKS I HATE YOU TOO.

:D That fairly accurately sums up how I feel about FG. Not that I would have anything much nicer to say about FF gangsters mind you.

:D

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: deiseach on November 20, 2010, 09:07:58 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 20, 2010, 08:47:30 PM

Er, where did I suggest that he was reacting to you personally?

You did give a hypothetical about if someone in the pub said the same to him.