52 (28.6%)
I never have
62 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 182

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on January 16, 2011, 07:24:55 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 16, 2011, 07:13:48 PM

Even the Sunday Independent, the voice of the boom,  turns against FF

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/soldiers-of-destiny-dont-even-have-a-map-2497979.html

QuoteNoel O'Flynn said on Friday that the election campaign would be "completely different" with a new leader.

Fianna Faill will want the voters to forget fueling the mess, to forget the bailout of the banks and to forget leading us into the hands of the IMF/EU.

However there are no canvassers (the Indo?) quite like FF ones for digging up the past.

Gimore's past?
Sinn Fein's past anyone?
Not to mention the fact they call FG 'the Blueshirts'?

I'm not saying I forget the past easily but for FF to suggest we forget it is comical.

FF and FG make a point of abhorring political violence. The way they talk about the Shinners is noteworthy. In the FF mindset the ultimate sin is political violence. This is because FF is about stability, the national project, the people. Or was. Until Mid November 2010 and the arrival of the IMF. Shortly after, Barry Andrews was on RTE telling the audience and the people that the bailout and its bult in protection of bank bondholders was in the interest of the country's taxpayers. 

Fianna Fail has betrayed the people in favour of its failed banking friends.  There isn't any comeback from that.   

i don't buy the guff that a new young leader untainted by the collapse could be the basis for a regrouping. Who stood up and spoke out against the bank guarantee? What have the Andrews or Calleary done to support the taxpayer interest? Which of them voted against the advice of the whips on the votes that mattered? 

seafoid

I wonder what die hard FF voters think of the latest GUBU shenanigans.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: seafoid on January 22, 2011, 09:51:11 PM
I wonder what die hard FF voters think of the latest GUBU shenanigans.

Sindo have them @ 8% but you can't believe anything that the Sindo says, grain of salt and all that.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Farrandeelin

Quotei don't buy the guff that a new young leader untainted by the collapse could be the basis for a regrouping. Who stood up and spoke out against the bank guarantee? What have the Andrews or Calleary done to support the taxpayer interest? Which of them voted against the advice of the whips on the votes that mattered?

That's for sure. And 8% is good enough for what has happened in the last week, i.e. ministers resigning en masse etc.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I don't trust the Sindo polls, will be interesting to see the Red C poll next week. Not a fan of Sinn Fein but look at the top headline, the Sindo cannot help having a go at Sinn Fein.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Set the zoom to 200% on your pc/laptop and you will see it says 70% will not change their voting intention even with a change of FF leadership. Not sure if that is among their core support, which is heartening, or among the general public, which would be discouraging.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 22, 2011, 11:40:40 PM

I don't trust the Sindo polls, will be interesting to see the Red C poll next week. Not a fan of Sinn Fein but look at the top headline, the Sindo cannot help having a go at Sinn Fein.

I thought you were one of the diaspora beyond in England MGHU. How'd you get your hands on tomorrow's paper?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on January 22, 2011, 11:54:01 PM

I thought you were one of the diaspora beyond in England MGHU. How'd you get your hands on tomorrow's paper?

Took it from politics.ie, the paper can be got in Dublin the day before.

Not sure how the other parties fare, but you can be sure if will not be favourable to F.G. or S.F. either

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 23, 2011, 12:08:24 AM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on January 22, 2011, 11:54:01 PM

Took it from politics.ie, the paper can be got in Dublin the day before.

Not sure how the other parties fare, but you can be sure if will not be favourable to F.G. or S.F. either

Cheers - that'd explain it.

Wouldn't worry too much about what's in the Sindo. The only thing I'd believe in that yoke is the date, and even then I'd check the phone just in case.

mylestheslasher

The editor of the Sunday Independent has a clause in his contract which states you must have a derogatory comment about Sinn Fein on the front of each edition.

Nally Stand

When is that Red C poll out Mayo? Next Sunday? Will be a very interesting one.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 23, 2011, 09:56:12 AM

The editor of the Sunday Independent has a clause in his contract which states you must have a derogatory comment about Sinn Fein on the front of each edition.

Annoys me the way they saying that Fianna Fáil are needed to ensure S.F. don't lead the next opposition, smells of the same O'Reilly propeganda they have spouted against Kenny for the last decade.

I want Fine Gael with a decent majority to lead the next government with Labour leading the opposition. If we can't have that, the next best choice is Fine Gael/Labour coalition with S.F. or a new left/right/centre group leading the opposition and not F.F. under a new name.

seafoid

The whole collapse has been spectacular. The only hope for FF would be a leader who resigned on principle say 8 or 10 years ago and was cast into the darkness over an argument about the risks the party was taking with the country but there is no such FF personality because FF doesnt do dissent. Or didn t . And nobody in the party knows anything about economics.

The finance Bill could also be in trouble.  If Lenihan s party is about to be destroyed at the polls why should his agreements with the ECB and the IMF  be signed into law?  Even the FT is calling for debt to equity swaps for the banks. It is not too late.