Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hectic on November 19, 2018, 10:08:04 PM
Not sure if they have MR but it is possible as I am not party to that information. Maybe the social media age brings these things into sharper focus. I dont believe this motion will get the support but then again St Pauls clearly feel they have a chance and would know more about the workings than me.  I simply believe in fair play and sporting merit. I imagine given the job you do you hold those values pretty high yourself.

I've managed juvenile and senior teams and played for many years, I've been affected as a player and lost our position to senior status on 3 occasions once a manager and twice as a player and it's shit! I've been also on the end of gaining promotion because of other clubs motions.

It's human nature to protect your status but let's see how it pans out before internet murders  ;)

It's actually easier as a ref as it makes no difference!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

Fair point re playing and managing. The sacrifice involved in either (and indeed refereeing) should be respected. Of course there is a lot of enjoyment to be had as well but the field of play is where it should happen. We battle on the pitch but we shake hands as we leave it.

But the solution is the one you have brought up before i.e. close the loophole.

belfastsaff

I'm hearing dunloy played an illegible player against Aghagallon whats happening there?  are they just losing the points and the player gets suspended or will there be further action ? Wouldn't expect that from a club like dunloy more likely for something like that to happen around our parts LOL

Belfast GAA man

Lots of 0-0 to 0-0 in U21 and from a lot of clubs which is disappointing to see - would Sunday have been a better day for this competition?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: belfastsaff on November 20, 2018, 02:20:40 PM
I'm hearing dunloy played an illegible player against Aghagallon whats happening there?  are they just losing the points and the player gets suspended or will there be further action ? Wouldn't expect that from a club like dunloy more likely for something like that to happen around our parts LOL

theres a lot more to it that we just played an illegal player. i wont go into names but suffice to say they lied about their age to allow themselves to be able to play for the U21's. he had never ever played for us and was a member of another club, not in this county, before transferring to ourselves prior to the U21 championship. transfer form had him the correct age, signed official transfer papers, player themselves confirmed it was correct but unfortunately he lied about it

the club have already notified the county the moment the deceit was found out. hes no longer involved with our club nor probably will ever be after this.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 20, 2018, 04:46:46 PM

theres a lot more to it that we just played an illegal player. i wont go into names but suffice to say they lied about their age to allow themselves to be able to play for the U21's. he had never ever played for us and was a member of another club, not in this county, before transferring to ourselves prior to the U21 championship. transfer form had him the correct age, signed official transfer papers, player themselves confirmed it was correct but unfortunately he lied about it

the club have already notified the county the moment the deceit was found out. hes no longer involved with our club nor probably will ever be after this.

Well done.. no fault with use there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

That story is absolutely nuts!

Wtf was he at?! Trying to impress a woman or what? Crazy
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

paddyjohn

Fair play. 👍

Na Glinntí Glasa

it pure madness and ive never heard of anyone doing this before.

the fact that we got an official transfer form from the other club, signed by the relevant people to say all was in order that he was able to play U21 and senior football. we thought nothing off it until someone got suspicious about his age as they weren't sure if he was or wasn't 21 after the first game.

it wasnt till afterwards that we found out that he lied about his DOB and was actually in fact 22 and not 21 that we then notified the county ourselves.

Through absolutely no fault of our club we have been left in a position where we could be fined, deducted points etc. and the young fellas punished over the lies of someone. You assume that an official transfer form is an official document and you take it as gospel but it opens up the question now of how does a club check these things themselves?
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 21, 2018, 08:46:58 AM

the fact that we got an official transfer form from the other club, signed by the relevant people to say all was in order that he was able to play U21 and senior football. we thought nothing off it until someone got suspicious about his age as they weren't sure if he was or wasn't 21 after the first game.

it wasnt till afterwards that we found out that he lied about his DOB and was actually in fact 22 and not 21 that we then notified the county ourselves.

Through absolutely no fault of our club we have been left in a position where we could be fined, deducted points etc. and the young fellas punished over the lies of someone. You assume that an official transfer form is an official document and you take it as gospel but it opens up the question now of how does a club check these things themselves?

It will from here on in ensure you ask the lad for a passport or other ID to keep yourself right

The Gs Man

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 21, 2018, 08:46:58 AM

Fair play for notifying the County yourselves.

Birth certs or id with club transfers under the age of 21 may be the way to go.
Keep 'er lit

Na Glinntí Glasa

problem is he did have id, problem with that is that it was fake!

I mean clubs cant check for things like this at all. Unless we ask for birth certs etc up front is the only way.

but you would assume that once a player is transferred that the information is always correct
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

A rare situation indeed. Looks like Dunloy did all they could to be fair. Should be interesting to see how this one plays out. Owen Elliott wasn't expecting this to land in his lap. I wonder has there ever been a precedent....especially to the extent that the original club signed the transfer with details intact. Messy.

paddyjohn

Lets hope the county use some common sense here. Dunloy did all in good faith and as soon as they knew something was wrong they alerted the county, any punishment would to much in my opinion.

Na Glinntí Glasa

aside from that madness going on last night U21 game was a really entertaining affair. Moneyglass set up very defensively even with the wind at their backs and did so very well.

a degree of fortune with a few of their goals but all in a draw was a fair result. the Number 12 for Moneyglass, Ronan Graham is he? was very good, excellent on the ball and very strong going forward. Coniall prenter at full forward was also very good.

that being said we were 9 down at one point and managed to score 1-06 to get a draw.
hurl like f**k boi!