Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: straightred on September 17, 2017, 07:14:08 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on September 17, 2017, 07:06:08 PM
Quote from: straightred on September 17, 2017, 06:58:41 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 17, 2017, 04:32:31 PM
AOS lucky he avoided a black card.

this was a huge call - happened right in front of me and he 100% should have got a black

The sending off could have been a black or a red, given the doubt I would have thought black more prudent, that said the ref was spot on most of the day but Mayo probably should have had a penalty, no problem with the steps and fisted point because he was being pulled at and if I had been calledback it would have been a tap over the bar from 13 metres.

You standing in the middle of the field? It was nowhere near as big a call as the gouge from O'Gara going unpunished.
dublin came out in the 2nd half determined to win the throw in. They did and AOS pulled him down. It was obvious. Would it have mattered - who knows? AOS had plenty of ball but he slows it up far too much. Dublin Joe wasn't as dublin as you are making out - i though mayo got plenty of soft ones as well.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rudi

The quality of the football and the selfless effort of the players was magic. Mayo and Dublin take a bow, this was wonderful, pity there had to be a loser. Very hard on the Mayo team and supporters.

stew

Great theatre today, hopefully this puts an end to all that shite about dividing Dublin in two, three in a row yes but by feck they were lucky as hell last year and this.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rossfan

Mayowestros just not good enough again.
Heart breaking for the people of Co Mayo.
Good enough for the floots of you know where.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rrhf

Not talking about the ref it was a great game, easily the best since 2005, credit to both teams and well done to the dubs on their continuing success.

Wildweasel74

For the throw ups should a player not be on his side of the Line, cause Fenton was practically standing in the area parson as to be jumping into

straightred

I wondered about taking mcloughlin and moran off too. were they just tired or injured ?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: straightred on September 17, 2017, 07:37:54 PM
I wondered about taking mcloughlin and moran off too. were they just tired or injured ?

Moran looked wrecked, hit a tired looking wide a couple of minutes before going off. Taking McLoughlin off looked a bad decision, he was still looking fresh and playing brilliantly.

tonto1888

Quote from: rrhf on September 17, 2017, 07:30:40 PM
Not talking about the ref it was a great game, easily the best since 2005, credit to both teams and well done to the dubs on their continuing success.

Best final or best game?

straightred

Quote from: rrhf on September 17, 2017, 07:30:40 PM

dont know about that - there was a lot of stuff going on off the ball all day. I'd say the sledging was serious. Plenty of mistakes and bad decisions as well. It was nail biting exciting and I was hoping for a draw and another day out but i don't think it was a classic.

Wildweasel74

Tightest final but not a perfect game, way too many mistakes and scorable shots missed

Jinxy

That's what happens when two teams go out to win a game instead of playing pass the parcel (sideways & backwards).
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on September 17, 2017, 07:54:20 PM
That's what happens when two teams go out to win a game instead of playing pass the parcel (sideways & backwards).

Both sides did plenty of that Jinxy, since both had at times 13-14 inside their own 45. They were just good enough to manufacture scores in that constricted space.

Football has tactically reached a new low in the current era - this game was much better when 14v14 and I think changing the sport to 13v13 might be the one thing that could inject positive play back into it at the highest level.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 17, 2017, 06:51:24 PM
Its hardly an advantage if the further foul doesn't count

Did the ref indicate that there was two fouls??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

straightred

the focus will probably be on vaughan as the pivitol moment but I thought mccaffrey's injury was big. He had started really well and Dublin seemed a bit clueless for 10 or 15 mins after he went off. It really upset their game plan