Guess who's back!

Started by Jinxy, December 17, 2016, 11:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

vallankumous

This is great news. About time someone tried this out. Goal keeping in football needs to be reviewed. Shot stopping is one of the lesser skills required. Kick out, organisation, catching and fitness are much better skills for a goal keeper to have.

Plus a big fan of Joe, just hope he doesn't throw the ball into his own net.

BennyCake

Things didn't work out with his rugby career then?

rrhf

I expected geraghty to fill that role.

Jinxy

Joe always had a great football brain.

rrhf

He looks need more than a brain to stop the dubs putting 4 past him, and this will be like a red rag to any self respecting Louth man, they will want unmerciful  goaline revenge. Bad move for the Tayto chompers.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on December 17, 2016, 11:37:02 AM
Joe always had a great football brain.

Agreed. Whose was it though?
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: rrhf on December 17, 2016, 02:17:56 PM
He looks need more than a brain to stop the dubs putting 4 past him, and this will be like a red rag to any self respecting Louth man, they will want unmerciful  goaline revenge. Bad move for the Tayto chompers.

They'll be chomping dog food from now on ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

This is the McEntee brothers regime.
Lads will eat whatever they're told.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thejuice

It's been a strange decision by Andy though. I think Mick I'Dowd was too quick to drop the likes of Joe and Cian Ward. But Joe in goals isn't going to be a long term thing surely.

Good to see Fiachra Ward get a run yesterday too. The Wards are talented lads, whether they can meet the physical demands of the game nowadays is up for debate.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

twohands!!!

Well on the plus side he'll be allowed handle the ball on the ground in the small square now......

Jinxy

Quote from: thejuice on December 18, 2016, 12:18:11 PM
It's been a strange decision by Andy though. I think Mick I'Dowd was too quick to drop the likes of Joe and Cian Ward. But Joe in goals isn't going to be a long term thing surely.

Good to see Fiachra Ward get a run yesterday too. The Wards are talented lads, whether they can meet the physical demands of the game nowadays is up for debate.

Unfortunately, they can't.

AZOffaly

Shamrock Shore

The O'Byrne Cup will test his mettle.

See if he can handle a frozen hole before the 'glamour' of the League commences.

That said, I wish him all the best.

BTW - is that 'Man Bun' Meath player still in the squad? I'd have no time for that sorta craic. I'd get rid. Or put a cap on him. Worked in the 60s