The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

Quote from: corn02 on September 09, 2008, 01:03:40 PM
You heading AFR?

Is Gerrard and Torres out for sure?

2-0 to United for me.

Yeah Im heading over, then on an all dayer in Manc. We had to agree to meet the wives after so it could be a doubly disasterous day!
As for Gin and Tonic, Ive no idea. And i wouldnt believe a word of what I read in the press pre game. Id be surprised if both were missing.
Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Uladh

That link isn't working - i assued he's been robbed while on international duty?

Over the Bar

QuoteRobbie Keane however may be down the cop shop making a statement.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2008/09/09/crooks-target-liverpool-fc-s-robbie-keane-100252-21709087/

Thats six now...

"You robbed your own players, robbed your own players.......... while United won 10 premierships, you robbed your own players......"

corn02

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 09, 2008, 01:46:07 PM

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2008/09/09/crooks-target-liverpool-fc-s-robbie-keane-100252-21709087/

Thats six now...

"You robbed your own players, robbed your own players.......... while United won 10 premierships, you robbed your own players......"

Excellent pity yous did not win 10 premierships.

Over the Bar

full back

Quote from: corn02 on September 09, 2008, 04:45:10 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on September 09, 2008, 01:46:07 PM

Thats six now...

Excellent pity yous did not win 10 premierships.

Whoops  :D

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Uladh on September 09, 2008, 01:44:57 PM

That link isn't working - i assued he's been robbed while on international duty?

link works fine this end

first pictures in from crime scene

;)
Its Grim up North

Over the Bar

QuoteExcellent pity yous did not win 10 premierships.

OK how many did we win then?

you should know

I do.  Seems Corn02 doesn't tho...

corn02

Oh I know just tell me how many premierships you think you have won?

stevo-08

QuoteCarragher blasts 'ruthless' owners
Jamie Carragher has slammed 'ruthless' Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, saying he has been sickened by their broken promises.

Writing in his autobiography, Carragher accuses the American duo of buying the club solely to make a profit and he is unhappy they have failed to keep their promises of building a new stadium and pledging money for transfers.

Carragher hit out at the pair after it emerged that Hicks and Gillett could already have profited by nearly £100million each.

"For richer or poorer, we'd sold Liverpool to two ruthless businessmen who saw us as a money-making opportunity," said Carragher.

"They didn't buy Liverpool as an act of charity; they weren't intent on throwing away all the millions they'd earned over 50 years...They wanted to buy us because the planned stadium offered a chance to generate tons of cash and increase the value of the club.

"Think how many world-class players that £200million could have brought to the club. Instead if Gillett and Hicks did sell, they or their banks would make a huge profit. I felt ill thinking about it."

Carragher said the owners' worst mistake was claiming no debt would be put on the club's balance sheet but the loans used to buy the club created annual interest payments of around £30million.

"Breaking this vow set the first alarm bells ringing, the embarrassing continual changing of the stadium plans was irritating too," added Carragher.

The long-serving defender also had sympathy for the pair, however, saying Reds boss Rafa Benitez must take some of the blame for the turmoil that surrounded the club last season for publicly undermining the owners over transfers.

Following the 2007 Champions League final defeat to Milan, Benitez called on the Americans to invest more on strengthening the team and Carragher claims the Spaniard's outburst was the root of the infighting at the club last term.

"These words sparked a chain reaction that brought problems into the open, almost cost (Benitez) his job a couple of months later, riled Liverpool's owners into an ill-fated meeting with Jurgen Klinsmann, and ended Hicks' and Gillett's honeymoon with The Kop," added Carragher in Carra: My Autobiography.

"I understood why the owners were unhappy with him too. They'd been undermined by Rafa and now they were undermining him.

"It was a political rather than football battle, and although the fans wanted to see it in black and white terms, with the owners the bad guys and Rafa their hero, I saw far more shades of grey."

Jamie was a bit nieve if he thought hicks & gillette bought the club for any other reason than to make money. Also I dont think his comments about Rafa, even if he is being honest, will go down too well with the manager.

Maybe footballers should only publish their autobiography after they hang up their boots...

magpie seanie

QuoteJamie was a bit nieve if he thought hicks & gillette bought the club for any other reason than to make money.

Well you can add 99% of Liverpool supporters to that so. I remember coming on here criticising Liverpool supporters for not being out protesting against the takeover by these men and wasn't giving much of a hearing. At least there was significant opposition to the Glazers taking over United right from the off.

QuoteMaybe footballers should only publish their autobiography after they hang up their boots...

100% agree with this.

bingobus

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 11, 2008, 11:43:53 AM
QuoteJamie was a bit nieve if he thought hicks & gillette bought the club for any other reason than to make money.

Well you can add 99% of Liverpool supporters to that so. I remember coming on here criticising Liverpool supporters for not being out protesting against the takeover by these men and wasn't giving much of a hearing. At least there was significant opposition to the Glazers taking over United right from the off.
QuoteMaybe footballers should only publish their autobiography after they hang up their boots...

100% agree with this.

And that was worth the effort. 99% of those supporters will admit to having their heads stuck in the sand and taking them at their/Moores word. Big mistake, as well we know but don't think protesting would have achieved anything. Manu was a plc and there was some hope at the time, albeit very little. LFC had very little protection as the main shareholder wanted to sell. His reason for selling was that he couldn't bring the club to the next level and he wanted it in someones hands who would. DIC where in and had agreed until Moores seen the greed and took the biggest offer without doing a significant level of due dilligence on the cowboys. He was sold a pup and sold the pup onto LFC supporters. For a number of months everything was good about the deal, right noises been made by the yanks, which has quickly disappeared. Again words where cheap and action scare.

As for writing autobiographies, not been too impressed with the extracts of Carra's to date and agree that books are for retirement.

Uladh

Soccer players should mostly be banned from publishing autographies. full stop.

if you disgree, take a gander at ashley cole, gerarrd or one of michael owen's autobiographies

o - and Keano's is rubbish too