Kildare v Tyrone - Newbridgeornowhere June 29th

Started by Dinny Breen, June 24, 2019, 09:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: sidelineball on June 29, 2019, 06:12:06 PM
Tyrone are held to different disciplinary standards than anyone else. Any possible black card infringement is always called and maybe rightly so but the same is never called for opposing teams. Conway took 10 steps for the Kildare goal.

Maybe its sampling bias due to the collection of contributors to the board, but it never ceases to amaze me how much crying Tyrone ones do over referees. And without fail. Match after match, season after season! Whether they win or lose, the ref is always out to f**k them! ;D

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on June 30, 2019, 01:14:49 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on June 30, 2019, 12:22:13 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on June 30, 2019, 12:14:50 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on June 29, 2019, 11:43:40 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on June 29, 2019, 09:41:51 PM
Quote from: lenny on June 29, 2019, 08:44:47 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 29, 2019, 08:37:36 PM
Quote from: sidelineball on June 29, 2019, 06:12:06 PM
Tyrone are held to different disciplinary standards than anyone else. Any possible black card infringement is always called and maybe rightly so but the same is never called for opposing teams. Conway took 10 steps for the Kildare goal.

I think it was Brolly who said you can take as many steps as you want so long as you look confident.

Mattie donnelly takes 7 or 8 steps every time he gets the ball and every time he's tackled he throws his head back to make it look like a high tackle. To say tyrone are reffed to higher standards is ridiculous.
He seems to think any physical contact is illegal. Embarassing at times. The sad thing is there is a quality forward there if he showed any bottle

Maybe if Tyrone gave him a free Hyundai and delivered all the performance enhancing chemicals nutrition he needs to his door every week he could stay on his feet like the Dubs.... ;)
So we've gone from the money is the reason for dubs dominating to performance enhancing substances. I suppose it's something different.. I'd suggest Tyrone players have a long range free kick competition during the week to pick a free taker for their next game. Not for the first time Morgan was awful. Doesn't say much for the rest of the squad when management  never made a change. That will cost Tyrone down the line
So how come simple numerical advantage didn't win a single AI since 1995 until both factors were heavily introduced to the Dublin set-up?

dublin7 condones cheating. He has yet to condemn Paul Mannion for his simulation last week.

Same auld s**t from you. He didn't dive last week. Maybe you have Alzheimers and dont remember what happened and everyone else pointing out he didn't dive.???

greatpoint

Must be worrying for Tyrone that even when they revert to a defensive system that better suits them, they still concede 1-15 to a 14-man Kildare.

RedHand88

Quote from: greatpoint on June 30, 2019, 12:44:05 PM
Must be worrying for Tyrone that even when they revert to a defensive system that better suits them, they still concede 1-15 to a 14-man Kildare.

Not a huge concern when you run the scoreboard up as high as Tyrone did. Kildares biggest championship defeat in newbridge.

BennyHarp

Aye well, plenty to work on for the next round. At this stage I'd be happy enough going to the home ground of a decent team facing a potential banana skin and winning by 10 points whilst posting a larger score tally than the Dubs did against them in Croke Park a few weeks ago. I know you may expect perfection from Tyrone but in my view this was a job well done.
That was never a square ball!!

Over the Bar

Did Kildare start the game with 14 men then? Any wonder they lost!  ;D

north down

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 30, 2019, 01:54:48 PM

And then down to 13 when they got a man sent off in the second half!

greatpoint

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 30, 2019, 01:54:48 PM

No but they played the last half hour with 14, and Tyrone only really pulled away with less than 10 minutes normal time remaining.

I'm not expecting Tyrone to be perfect like someone above suggested but when they're talked up so regularly by media and supporters alike they have to be held to some kind of standard.

ONeill

Was fairly worried about this one - turned out as comfortable as the Longford game for long periods. You always felt that if Kildare pointed, we'd go up the field and keep that 4-6 point gap.

Big performances from big players. I thought Meyler's running was a massive plus. Direct and strong.

Good to see Sludden more involved too.

WTF did Kennedy do?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

A mere 12 years after the crash, St Conleths Park will be released from purgatory with a dose of money

https://twitter.com/RTEsport/status/1215727040093212673

It is a pity that in the meantime the Leinster championship has died
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/coronavirus-pandemic-puts-gaa-s-big-projects-on-hold-1.4272997?mode=amp

Both Kildare and Meath understand that they're essentially at the mercy of what happens in the rest of 2020. Even if the roadmap back to some form of All-Ireland championship is followed without a hitch, funds are not going to be plentiful.

Both redevelopments have been earmarked for public funds with €4.875 million of Newbridge's overall cost of €10 million announced last January as was €6.2 million for Navan and its phased development scheme, the first part of which is the construction of a new main stand, estimated at just under €12 million, and which ultimately will be an all-seater 21,000-capacity stadium.

Kildare would have hoped for GAA assistance with most of the balance whereas Meath, who had looked for €8 million in public money (from the Large Scale Sport Infrastructure Fund) have some leeway to make up and had been hoping that Croke Park could kick in up to a fifth of the cost, about €2.3 million.

Sources in both counties accept that the future is uncertain, as resources for capital projects will be scarce and however well the GAA manages to do out of its rescheduled season, 2020 will be about damage limitation.

In Waterford, the pessimistic view is that the Walsh Park project is "running third, behind Navan and Newbridge and by and large, parked" and that central assistance won't be available until 2021 or 2022.

Deferral could push costs up from €7 million to €9 million, which even in normal circumstances would be unwelcome for a strapped county board even allowing that the design could be modified to defray costs.

Although some comfort is being taken from the GAA's history of honouring such commitments, these are extraordinary times and there are are no easy reassurances for the time being

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU