Best Stand-up Comedian

Started by Orior, November 06, 2010, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhardyannual

Quote from: screenexile on December 13, 2017, 02:27:08 PM
Peter Kay cancel's huge sellout tour!!

I hadn't got tickets but Twitter's going mental with the amount of people having bought them as Christmas gifts!
Apparently there is a serious family difficulty involved so it's understandable that he has cancelled.

Milltown Row2

Better early notification that later on, must be very serious for him to cancel them all
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Best of luck to Brendan Grace in his battle with lung cancer.

screenexile

Watched the Dave Chappelle Netflix specials the last few days.

Some of the best Stand up I've ever seen it was absolutely phenomenal. Plenty of laughs plenty to like and plenty to get annoyed about if you're that way inclined but he's just so comfortable up there throwing out jokes as if it's the easiest thing in the world.

Check them out!

Taylor

Anyone seen Paddy Raff before and is he worth going to see?

Had never heard of him before until it was mentioned as a possible Xmas present   ::)

Ambrose

Quote from: Taylor on October 16, 2019, 03:27:17 PM
Anyone seen Paddy Raff before and is he worth going to see?

Had never heard of him before until it was mentioned as a possible Xmas present   ::)

I met him out in Belfast one night, seems like a decent lad, but some of his entourage were out and out wankers, one of them is definitely 'Nigel', you would never get tired punching this guy in the face.
Don't think I'd pay money to see him, but he seems to be doing well, he has had quite a few sell out shows, so he is quite popular at the minute.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

imtommygunn

His claim to fame now is getting retweeted by the Incredible Hulk... I am not sure about a live show but he does put out some decent stuff on social media at times.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Link

Quote from: screenexile on October 16, 2019, 03:23:04 PM

Some of the best Stand up I've ever seen it was absolutely phenomenal. Plenty of laughs plenty to like and plenty to get annoyed about if you're that way inclined but he's just so comfortable up there throwing out jokes as if it's the easiest thing in the world.

Check them out!

Watched 2 of these last night, had never heard of him before that.

Great shows, bit of duplication in the 2017 and 2019 shows around Kevin Hart and the LBGTQ stuff. Still funny nonetheless. Nearly fell off the sofa when he was talking about Bruce/Caitlyn/Kayne.

HiMucker

Quote from: Link on October 17, 2019, 09:44:09 AM

Check them out!

Great shows, bit of duplication in the 2017 and 2019 shows around Kevin Hart and the LBGTQ stuff. Still funny nonetheless. Nearly fell off the sofa when he was talking about Bruce/Caitlyn/Kayne.
+2 Brilliant stuff. Best comedy I've seen in a long while

FL/MAYO

Quote from: HiMucker on October 17, 2019, 10:11:24 AM
Quote from: Link on October 17, 2019, 09:44:09 AM

Check them out!

+2 Brilliant stuff. Best comedy I've seen in a long while
This is my favorite Chapelle sketch, warning the N word is used..

https://youtu.be/JBC-9k3y1ew

https://youtu.be/D7oXFmuUHLQ

Jeepers Creepers

Didn't think the latest special was as good but when he's on song he's brilliant.

screenexile

Don't want to get into a Trans debate I just didn't think the latest Chappelle special was particularly funny more of an intellectual rant about things he doesn't like.

A shame really considering how much I loved the specials before it. Would love to see him live especially since he's gotten all that off his chest and will hopefully get back to being more funny again.