USPGA 2011

Started by leaveherinsir, August 09, 2011, 09:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaveherinsir

Who is going to win this one lads? Any chance of 3 in a row for Irish golf!!??!

Puckoon

Doogie Browser

Can anyone put up the tips from today's Racing Post for the PGA?

the Deel Rover

throw a few quid on steve williams
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

thewobbler

Phil Mickelson for me. A huge £5 straight. Might do Westwood as well.

I've a couple of quid each way on Cabrera and Edoardo, but it's a minefield for betting if you ask me, as there's very little to go in terms of course history or current form.

Bogball XV

Quote from: thewobbler on August 10, 2011, 11:30:32 AM
Phil Mickelson for me. A huge £5 straight. Might do Westwood as well.

I've a couple of quid each way on Cabrera and Edoardo, but it's a minefield for betting if you ask me, as there's very little to go in terms of course history or current form.
David Toms (60/1) won there in the USPGA in 2001.  This year he's probably in the best form he's been since then.
Romero, Garcia, McDowell (170/1), Dustin, Bubba, Noh, Manaserro are all fairly nicely priced too.  I think Romero could be an excellent bet and I think Dustin could give a good showing too.  They reckon this is similar to the US Open course, so Garcia who matched Rory in everything bar putting (which Rory is unlikely to do again for a while) could be a bit of value - don't let him go ahead until the last hole though.

laoislad

I'm going with Dustin Johnson,Jason Day and.................................LEE WESTWOOD!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

whitegoodman

I have a feeling one of the big guns is going to win this one.

Im going for Phil, Westwood, Day and Mahan as my mini outsider.

Bogball are u sure McDowell is 170/1?????

laoislad

Quote from: whitegoodman on August 10, 2011, 01:16:00 PM

He is 80/1 on paddypower
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bogball XV

Quote from: laoislad on August 10, 2011, 01:17:19 PM

He is 80/1 on paddypower
he's at least 159/1 on betfair, but people are and have been getting matched at 169/1, in fact he touched 179/1 for a while.
He can be backed at 11.5/1 for a top ten finish which I might do too.

Seriously, it makes no sense to back most golfers with traditional bookies - the favs are always almost the same prices, but the further down the book you go, the bigger the discrepancy.

Big Clarkey for example was about 270/1 on the exchanges, I can't remember what price O'Neill got on him, but I doubt it was that big.

Rossie11

Quote from: laoislad on August 10, 2011, 01:14:14 PM
I'm going with Dustin Johnson,Jason Day and.................................LEE WESTWOOD!

There goes Jason Days chances of winning a major... Laois lads cash will follow him for the next ten years!!!
Pity.. He had looked a decent player up to now..

LostInSpace

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 10, 2011, 02:39:12 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 10, 2011, 01:17:19 PM

He is 80/1 on paddypower
he's at least 159/1 on betfair, but people are and have been getting matched at 169/1, in fact he touched 179/1 for a while.
He can be backed at 11.5/1 for a top ten finish which I might do too.

Seriously, it makes no sense to back most golfers with traditional bookies - the favs are always almost the same prices, but the further down the book you go, the bigger the discrepancy.

Big Clarkey for example was about 270/1 on the exchanges, I can't remember what price O'Neill got on him, but I doubt it was that big.

Just signed up to this betfair, excuse my ignorance on this type of betting.

If anyone can answer me a few questions.

e.g David Horsey best odds of 78/1 to not win.  The amount in the pot for this was £2. So if i bet £2 that David Horsey does not win, does this mean I will get 2X£78 +£2, and if he does win, the person backing the bet gets 2X£78 out of my money?

Orangemac

Is Rickie Fowler finally going to break his duck? Has been knocking on the door for long enough and is in good form.

None of the Irish will contend, McIlroy seems to have lost the run of himself a bit since winning the US Open and needs to get back to playing steadily and less time on Twitter and on the celebrity circuit.

Adam Scotts confidence will be sky high after last week and Luke Donald always seems to be there or there abouts bar a poor finish to his 2nd round in The Open.

Bogball XV

Quote from: LostInSpace on August 10, 2011, 10:35:16 PM
Just signed up to this betfair, excuse my ignorance on this type of betting.

If anyone can answer me a few questions.

e.g David Horsey best odds of 78/1 to not win.  The amount in the pot for this was £2. So if i bet £2 that David Horsey does not win, does this mean I will get 2X£78 +£2, and if he does win, the person backing the bet gets 2X£78 out of my money?

Every player has a back and a lay price.  If you're backing it's the same as with any bookie, if you lay, you are the bookie.  In your account you have deposited £100.

If you back someone at 50.0 for £2 you stand to win 2 x 50 = 100 -2 = £98 winnings.  Whether he wins or not you now have £98 left to bet with on other things.
If you lay at 50.0 for £2, they set aside your total potential loss of £98 and you now have £2 to bet with until the event has settled.  If the player you laid loses, you win the £2.

The biggest advantage (and sometimes the biggest curse) of betfair is that you can back and then lay the same player later on if he does well.  You can effectively guarantee a profit long before the event is over.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Orangemac on August 10, 2011, 11:22:46 PM
Is Rickie Fowler finally going to break his duck? Has been knocking on the door for long enough and is in good form.

None of the Irish will contend, McIlroy seems to have lost the run of himself a bit since winning the US Open and needs to get back to playing steadily and less time on Twitter and on the celebrity circuit.

I honestly can't see Rickie winning, he's an abysmal price for a young lad who does not know how to win, he's been in winning positions a number of times and has fallen away badly every time.  He's about 36.0 or so, which is a ridiculous price.

Gmac is great value at 160.0 odd.  I mentioned him earlier and I really think that Romero could go really well here, he's been in brilliant form on all sorts of courses over the last 6 weeks and has contended in majors before, he can win when he gets the opportunity.  Of course he's liable to throw in a double or triple bogey every now and then, but he can also make birdie after birdie on every type of course.