Funniest Poster on the GAA Board

Started by Silky, July 26, 2007, 05:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has been the funniest contributor over recent years?

O'Neill
17 (21.8%)
Hardy
7 (9%)
Armagh4SamAgain
20 (25.6%)
Pints of Guinness
3 (3.8%)
Slim Shady
5 (6.4%)
Real Laois Lad
10 (12.8%)
Tony Fearon
8 (10.3%)
Orior
8 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Goin Down

Silky will you add me to the poll??
Remember This.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Silky on July 26, 2007, 09:51:11 PM
As O'Neill pointed out you don't like Armagh4SamAgain because he's from Armagh.

Was his post about on Tom Humphries funny? Everybody I know thought it was. I was getting phone calls saying "have you seen this?"

Maybe not funny in POG land though.

When did O'neill point that out?  ::)

If I thought the poster was genuine I would have found the Tom Humprhries one amusing, but it would be a laugh at him rather than with him and there's a big difference. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

Quote from: Silky on July 26, 2007, 09:51:11 PM
As O'Neill pointed out you don't like Armagh4SamAgain because he's from Armagh.

Was his post about on Tom Humphries funny? Everybody I know thought it was. I was getting phone calls saying "have you seen this?"

Maybe not funny in POG land though.

What was the post??

pintsofguinness

Silky

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 26, 2007, 09:55:48 PM

When did O'neill point that out?  ::)

This is where he pointed it out. And I know a fair few who agree with him.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=2605.30

pintsofguinness

Oh right I don't usually read O'Neill's posts but if he says it and you know others that agree with him it must be right.

I actually find blast's post is quite funny...
QuoteJaysus, i'm fierce confused.  Huh
Are people laughing because of the bad spelling, because they find it so far fetched that someone could post such a post about saints and marthys and be deadly serious (or the complete opposite) or is it the bad spelling when used in conjunction with the particular story ?

Blacksheep

I've only been on this Board 3 years but Armagh4SamAgain has been consistenly the guy who makes me laugh. It makes it even funnier that Pints Of Guinness spends his time trying to convince people that it's not funny & that they shouldn't laugh!!  :D :D

If he is O'Neill, fair play to him. The man is wasted in teaching.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

Blacksheep

Good point. Maybe it's Pints Of Guiness? He might have a sense of humour after all.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

SuperSub

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 26, 2007, 09:01:04 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 26, 2007, 07:47:40 PM
QuotePints Huh Your havin a laugh he's a grumpy f**ker.Show me once where he has been funny and i don't mean where you laugh at him for getting angry

ooooohhhh

Btw, I rarely get angry.

Your a bit like Ireland in the Eurovision POG nil point!
Only joking i think your a good laugh my fellow gadgets freak

I would have put a few more on the poll, Bud Wiser because he's a great man for a auld rant and can be very witty
Also would have but His Holiness nb i think he's good craic and can always take a slagging unlike some people
and  i think Shamrock Shore comes out with some very witty one liners which is very unusual for a Accountant ;) :D
Also think Ziggy is good craic even if he likes Neighbours and is a cheesy music fan the same as myself

Yeah i think Bud Wiser makes some cracking posts

BallyhaiseMan

O Neil has made me laugh on here countless times,he gets my vote.

Donagh

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha has easily been the wittiest poster over the past while, though I suppose you need to be a bit tuned into his wavelength to appreciate his musings. Failing that, Orior has the broad appeal that Fiodoir is still striving for. O'Neill probably would be funny but he's from Tyrone which just makes him a bit sad, though some of his alter-ego's are really good. As for Hardy, well he's as funny as a constipated Michael McDowell, which is funny in a Free State Blueshirt Roger Daltry kind of way, but not really cutting edge – simply 'po-faced' as Paisley Mor might say ;)

Guillem2

Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Colonel Cool

Good to see Pints of Guinness finally voted for himself. That will take bad look of it. You'd hate to get "Nil points".

I used to look in here before I registered and I remember a crazy post by Armagh4Sam that had me in stitches. Somebody had told him that the British Army had a team playing in the Down leagues and he came on here outraged! He even posted a link to the Down web site to prove that Ballykinlar were in the league!
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

SouthArmaghBandit

I don't think Armagh posters have any particular problem with Armagh4SamAgain. I found some of his posts funny but most were just ramdon nonsense. The sort of thing you expect from a wee daft teenager. Every County has a right few idiots. It's no slight on Armagh.