Author Topic: The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread  (Read 52108 times)

Mourne Rover

• View Profile
Re: The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread
« Reply #570 on: December 30, 2017, 05:32:30 PM »
Fairly typical of Leeds to go on a brilliant run, with 16 points from 18, and then slip up against the team who are bottom of the league after a string of defeats. The transfer window will be crucial, with at least a striker and a left back needed urgently, although it is notoriously difficult to recruit quality players in the championship at this time of year.

Rufus T Firefly

• Na Clairsigh, Ard Mhacha
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 30, 2017, 06:57:55 PM »
Fairly typical of Leeds to go on a brilliant run, with 16 points from 18, and then slip up against the team who are bottom of the league after a string of defeats. The transfer window will be crucial, with at least a striker and a left back needed urgently, although it is notoriously difficult to recruit quality players in the championship at this time of year.

Surely a new goalkeeper must be up for consideration? Wiedwald appears to have made another mistake today that cost the goal, and both he and Lonergan have had the keeper's jersey, which reflects the inconsistency of both. I'd have Silvestri back in a heartbeat.

You're right about a striker. Is the money from the Wood deal available? Lasogga has been very disappointing for a player of his back ground (German Under 21 International) and physique (for such a big fella, he seems easily cowed).

The squad just does not look as if it could remain in the top six to the end of the season.

Rufus T Firefly

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 01, 2018, 05:24:45 PM »
I think today's match highlighted the need for more reinforcements in attack. Seemed to own the ball but lacked a real threat up front. I don't think Roofe is a natural striker and Lasogga doesn't appear to really cut it for me. That is two bad results - away to bottom side Birmingham City and home to Forest - where we should have been taking at least four points, which given other results, would have left us pushing for second place.

A very important month coming up. 

Mourne Rover

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 01, 2018, 06:25:10 PM »
Leeds have two gems in Saiz and Hernandez, but unfortunately there is a lack of quality up front and in central midfield and the squad is lacking a natural left back. While a play-off place is still possible, today's performance confirms again that promotion is unlikely without some serious recruitment. Wood was a huge loss, and his replacements have not convinced, so the new owner may well be looking to next season.

Rufus T Firefly

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 24, 2018, 01:44:24 PM »
Anyone see the new Leeds' crest?

My immediate reaction was that this must be a piss take, but believe it or not this is for real.

It looks like something from the film 1984. Responses on social media have, shall we say, tended to challenge the mindset of those who made the decision. An online petition set up just over an hour ago to get rid of it has already attracted over 10,000 signatures.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 24, 2018, 01:50:57 PM »
Anyone see the new Leeds' crest?

My immediate reaction was that this must be a piss take, but believe it or not this is for real.

It looks like something from the film 1984. Responses on social media have, shall we say, tended to challenge the mindset of those who made the decision. An online petition set up just over an hour ago to get rid of it has already attracted over 10,000 signatures.

You just beat me to it - its awful. The apparently consulted 10,000 fans when designing this - I assume it wasn't the same 10,000 fans who have signed the petition.

That was never a square ball!!

passedit

• Remember 1960
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 24, 2018, 01:57:29 PM »
Was thinking something along these lines would be more appropriate

Don't Panic

Billys Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 24, 2018, 02:07:47 PM »
It is seriously wrong to mock the afflicted. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 24, 2018, 02:20:21 PM »
Jez, thats like - i don't know what?

Even Harchester Rovers the fictional Soccer team from Skys Dream team had a better crest

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 24, 2018, 10:44:05 PM »
Carlow have a new challenger for worst crest in Europe anyways. The old Leeds one was perfect.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 24, 2018, 11:49:05 PM »
Looks like the Leeds board are reviewing the new badge after the less than favourable response from the fans. Maybe it was all just a big PR stunt.
That was never a square ball!!

passedit

• Remember 1960
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 25, 2018, 10:29:51 AM »
It is seriously wrong to mock the afflicted.

;D

Looks like the Leeds board are reviewing the new badge after the less than favourable response from the fans. Maybe it was all just a big PR stunt.

The 'Burning Chip Van' is definitely a fan favourite.
Don't Panic

Rufus T Firefly

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 04, 2018, 10:52:55 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42940326

I see after Saturday's disaster, we're now looking for a new manager - the seventh since 2014.  :(

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 04, 2018, 11:11:38 PM »
Gates of 30000 plus, a good start to season and now falling apart. Monk had potential but the owners thought otherwise
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you