Boycey

They have been here for 12 years though  :o

A sleeper?

general

Quote from: Itchy on October 22, 2020, 08:00:47 PM
Quote from: 1884 on October 22, 2020, 05:48:21 PM
Quote from: gallsman on October 22, 2020, 11:52:17 AM
Quote from: 1884 on October 22, 2020, 09:56:36 AM
Have a fire stick and previously set it up to access all channels. Haven't accessed it in a few months - it's now no longer available.

What the best way to access IPTV at the minute?

What do you mean "set it up to access all channels"?

The Firestick is merely a conduit and is still a perfectly valid method. The IPTV provider is what's crucial.

Any suggestions on IPTV providers?

Anyone with 5 posts id recommend sky.

Ditto

northsideboy

Got an offer of sky sports for €1 per month from Vodafone this week which might be of use.

Boycey

Anyone heard anything about the Amazon Firestick lite or whatever it's called? Can u still ahem... sideload to it? Is it up to scratch for streaming capability??

general

Boycey i've been reliably told the lite version is 100% and works as required - think they are 29.99 in argos currently

Boycey

Quote from: general on October 30, 2020, 10:31:08 AM
Boycey i've been reliably told the lite version is 100% and works as required - think they are 29.99 in argos currently

Cheers, bought one today anyway. I will report back  :)

general

Was also told today MAG boxes are gone!! As from tomorrow they will be no use

Itchy

Quote from: general on October 31, 2020, 12:28:37 AM

Not true although more secure to move away from them

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on November 01, 2020, 04:41:35 PM

I vaguely remember some notice flashing across my screen about some trouble with installing a vpn on a particular mag model.  Otherwise MAG boxes still live on.

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on November 02, 2020, 09:51:06 PM

I vaguely remember some notice flashing across my screen about some trouble with installing a vpn on a particular mag model.  Otherwise MAG boxes still live on.

You cannot put a VPN onto a mag box, you need to either install it on your router or install it on a small dedicated router for your box. The issue with Mags is that supplier systems can be scanned and your mac address nicked and then you find you cant get on as someone somewhere is using your mac address. So if you are in the UK and getting blocked you would be better off going android with a VPN app on the device rather than trying to get your mag sorted, in my opinion. BUT there is no reason a mag cannot work either and a supplier who says that is telling you fibs.

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on November 03, 2020, 11:47:04 AM

You cannot put a VPN onto a mag box, you need to either install it on your router or install it on a small dedicated router for your box. The issue with Mags is that supplier systems can be scanned and your mac address nicked and then you find you cant get on as someone somewhere is using your mac address. So if you are in the UK and getting blocked you would be better off going android with a VPN app on the device rather than trying to get your mag sorted, in my opinion. BUT there is no reason a mag cannot work either and a supplier who says that is telling you fibs.
That's it,  but it can be managed  if one  uses vpn with the router.  I don't need to have vpn so I didn't pay that much attention to the original notice on the screen some weeks ago.    The trouble I have these past weeks is with poor quality of streams.

macdanger2

What's the best option for replacing a mag box? Using it for my IPTV sub, don't have a smart TV

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on November 03, 2020, 02:19:38 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 03, 2020, 11:47:04 AM

That's it,  but it can be managed  if one  uses vpn with the router.  I don't need to have vpn so I didn't pay that much attention to the original notice on the screen some weeks ago.    The trouble I have these past weeks is with poor quality of streams.

The truth is a huge amount of the streams come from the same big sources. Those sources are storing their streams on servers which are under constant attack recently and resulting in the dodgy streams. I believe they are moving all to countries where SKY cannot reach them.

general

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 03, 2020, 02:27:53 PM
What's the best option for replacing a mag box? Using it for my IPTV sub, don't have a smart TV

Amazon Firestick - plug into TV via HDMI Port

Itchy

Quote from: general on November 04, 2020, 01:09:21 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on November 03, 2020, 02:27:53 PM

Amazon Firestick - plug into TV via HDMI Port

It may be the most convenient but a Firestick is not the best. For best performance I would go with a Formuler Z8 on Nvidia Shield. Two serious android boxes.