Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Hereiam on June 10, 2019, 02:21:25 PM
Biggest sign that somethings is not right in the camp is young Rafferty getting a start. Unless he was showing some unreal skills at training and justified a run out i can only think there was a bit of of a player revoult and Harte being Harte was showing lads that he is the boss.

He's a really good player, however expected him to go down the path at Tyrone that he'll sit for a year doing nothing before getting a game. Was really surprised to see him take the field.

bigtogs

Quote from: clarshack on June 10, 2019, 02:43:45 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on June 10, 2019, 02:40:52 PM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on June 10, 2019, 02:38:10 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on June 10, 2019, 02:32:53 PM
Serious Rumours floating about already....Hope panel sticks together for the immediate future at least!! Has the team holiday caused more problems than we care to admit?????????

Whats the rumours?

2/3 players have left the panel i hope not!!!

Who?

Grugan i heard....

southtyronegael

I had heard on Saturday before game that harte had unexpectedly told everyone that there was no pints or socializing after game. Back to westenra for food, team meeting then every man home.

Hereiam

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 10, 2019, 02:46:00 PM
Biggest sign that somethings is not right in the camp is young Rafferty getting a start. Unless he was showing some unreal skills at training and justified a run out i can only think there was a bit of of a player revoult and Harte being Harte was showing lads that he is the boss.

He's a really good player, however expected him to go down the path at Tyrone that he'll sit for a year doing nothing before getting a game. Was really surprised to see him take the field.

Not gettin at the lad but he has never been mentioned before as a starter, no run out in the league or McKenna cup so how does he start ahead of other seasoned players.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Hereiam on June 10, 2019, 03:23:09 PM

Not gettin at the lad but he has never been mentioned before as a starter, no run out in the league or McKenna cup so how does he start ahead of other seasoned players.

He started v Kerry and Monaghan in the League and played 3 or 4 McKenna Cup games. He also got a couple of minutes at the end of the Derry championship game. He was brought in to do a specific man-marking job on Ryan McHugh, I don't think he had a great game but he was far from the worst on show. McHugh was quiet enough in the first half while Rafferty was on the pitch, and he made a good run for Harte's goal chance when McShane fisted it across the goal.

I've no issue with him starting, sometimes these gambles work and sometimes they don't. Although it was the wrong call to drop Michael Cassidy in favour of him

GlenMan

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on June 10, 2019, 03:40:04 PM

He started v Kerry and Monaghan in the League and played 3 or 4 McKenna Cup games. He also got a couple of minutes at the end of the Derry championship game. He was brought in to do a specific man-marking job on Ryan McHugh, I don't think he had a great game but he was far from the worst on show. McHugh was quiet enough in the first half while Rafferty was on the pitch, and he made a good run for Harte's goal chance when McShane fisted it across the goal.

I've no issue with him starting, sometimes these gambles work and sometimes they don't. Although it was the wrong call to drop Michael Cassidy in favour of him

They didn't drop Cassidy for him. Rafferty replaced Skeet.

clarshack

Quote from: GlenMan on June 10, 2019, 04:12:34 PM

It was a crazy decision to drop Cassidy anyway. he has been one of the finds of the season.

trailer

Quote from: clarshack on June 10, 2019, 04:37:00 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on June 10, 2019, 04:12:34 PM

It was a crazy decision to drop Cassidy anyway. he has been one of the finds of the season.

A decision that had all the hallmark of the early onset of Alzheimers. The man's clearly away with the fairies.

Club boi

Quote from: In hiding on June 08, 2019, 11:09:06 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 08, 2019, 11:03:09 PM
Quote from: In hiding on June 08, 2019, 10:56:39 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 08, 2019, 10:40:37 PM
Quote from: In hiding on June 08, 2019, 10:32:13 PM
OK then. One final question..

Who was cavanagh marking in his battle in the middle of the pitch

If you look back at the first goal you can see Cavanagh chasing Paddy McGrath back from the Donegal 45. Now what sort of sweeper is up in the opponents half pressing the ball. What sort of sweeper is running up into the opponents 6 yard box?

A sweeper sits, he plays in front of the full back line. The problem today with Tyrone was they were all charging around like headless chickens after the ball.

Cavanagh was bombing forward all first half, if he was doing his job as a sweeper he doesn't do that. We didn't deploy a sweeper, it was clear as day and to say we did is cloud cuckoo stuff.

Thanks for answering my question

Sober up and have a look back at it as you seemed to have had a vivid imagination if you actually watched that game.

Don't change the subject just answer the fcukin question...

Who did colm cavanagh mark in his conventional role as an orthodox midfielder.

To jump in on "In Hidings" (Hartes Cub) and "Angelos" love in -

2nd half Tyrone took colm cavanagh off, pushed up on Donegal kickouts and won the second half by a score of 8 points to 5.

But sure you twist it whatever way you want

I cant believe you actually tried to argue that winning the 2nd half the other night was a positive you clown. Harte 100% to blame for that shambles. Wouldnt blame a few players for walking after seeing some excuse of players both starting and coming on. That Mc Donnell lad cant fist pass to a man 10 yards away, got PH his black card (which was a trip by leading with his foot)

I repeat, this Tyrone team are hugely over rated. I dont think I ever saw Hampshey ever roasted as bad in my life either. Suppose Murphy was due 1 against him as Hampshey as regularly won that battle

phpearse

I dont think I ever saw Hampshey ever roasted as bad in my life either. Suppose Murphy was due 1 against him as Hampshey as regularly won that battle

Surprised Hampsey started. Didn't train at all last week. Thought Harte said he wasn't going to start a player if he wasn't fully fit.

tyrone08

Serious Rumours floating about already....Hope panel sticks together for the immediate future at least!! Has the team holiday caused more problems than we care to admit?????????

What happened at the team holiday? Have heard this discussed before but no one said what the issue was

Goals_Will_Come

How does Rory Brennan not start every game for Tyrone. Always call on him to come on and mark someone and always does a good job. Especially now pushing up going man to man, Brennan would be a brilliant asset to have on the team.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: bigtogs on June 10, 2019, 02:40:52 PM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on June 10, 2019, 02:38:10 PM

Whats the rumours?

2/3 players have left the panel i hope not!!!

Since the game? Wudnt be surprised to be honest.

Be interesting to see if Tiarnan McCann leaves the panel if he get a big enough ban that rules him out for the year and then goes and plays for club, although I think he will only get 1/2 games tbh.

Redhand Santa

It was a very poor performance on Saturday evening by the players and mistakes were also made on the line. The team looked flat and strangely clueless tactically. However, there has been the usual over the top nonsense reaction to a defeat on here. I'd be fairly confident some of the people giving out the most didn't even bother their backside to go to the game. Calling for player revolts and manager sackings mid championship is crazy stuff. It was the same kinda thing last year after the Monaghan defeat and the team ended up in an All Ireland final.

I always say the time to consider a managers future is at the end of the season and until then get behind him and the players. Huge improvement is needed going forward and both the manager and players need to look at themselves prior to the qualifiers. We need to tighten up at the back and learn how to the push the opposition kickout properly. We aren't pushing up properly giving the opposition an easy outlet from the kickout whilst leaving us exposed at the back. I agree with pushing up but the players need to take responsibility for ensuring no one is left free or gets a run on them.

Without naming names another problem (which management need to take responsibility for) is that we had too many players who weren't athletic enough on the pitch. We also had too many players that aren't aggressive enough. That's why I felt it was the wrong call to take Colm Cavanagh - people are always too quick to write older players off and he gives more aggression and work than anyone else on the team.

bigtogs

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 11, 2019, 08:30:08 AM
It was a very poor performance on Saturday evening by the players and mistakes were also made on the line. The team looked flat and strangely clueless tactically. However, there has been the usual over the top nonsense reaction to a defeat on here. I'd be fairly confident some of the people giving out the most didn't even bother their backside to go to the game. Calling for player revolts and manager sackings mid championship is crazy stuff. It was the same kinda thing last year after the Monaghan defeat and the team ended up in an All Ireland final.

I always say the time to consider a managers future is at the end of the season and until then get behind him and the players. Huge improvement is needed going forward and both the manager and players need to look at themselves prior to the qualifiers. We need to tighten up at the back and learn how to the push the opposition kickout properly. We aren't pushing up properly giving the opposition an easy outlet from the kickout whilst leaving us exposed at the back. I agree with pushing up but the players need to take responsibility for ensuring no one is left free or gets a run on them.

Without naming names another problem (which management need to take responsibility for) is that we had too many players who weren't athletic enough on the pitch. We also had too many players that aren't aggressive enough. That's why I felt it was the wrong call to take Colm Cavanagh - people are always too quick to write older players off and he gives more aggression and work than anyone else on the team.

Colm Cavanagh looked rusty due prob too playing very little football.... later in the summer if we are still about he will be very important to us.....he would still be on my team every day....