The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

You don't mind Davies being biased and whining, because he's Welsh after all and its a form of small man syndrome.

Though it may also give us a glimpse of what the English make of Irish one-upmanship.
"Yes, well done again Paddy on beating us at cheese rolling, but really we're not as bothered as you want us to be..."

stephenite

Hopefully Earls will be left at full back when the others return, that's his best position

Club Rossa

You would never get sick of beating England at anytime but it's all the sweeter when Martin Johnson is over them,the big cnut.

Gold

Quote from: Club Rossa on March 20, 2011, 10:57:56 AM
You would never get sick of beating England at anytime but it's all the sweeter when Martin Johnson is over them,the big cnut.

True, he looks and acts like someone who back in the day would've been one of the one's burning us out, killin our kids, takin our land or else been above in Scotland, chasin after William Wallace!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Club Rossa

It's not the image i had of him Gold,but the more i think of it you're right :D

Hardy

We should have built a collosseum instead of a rugby stadium. Tigers versus pantomime villiains.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on March 20, 2011, 02:05:26 AM

Though it may also give us a glimpse of what the English make of Irish one-upmanship.
"Yes, well done again Paddy on beating us at cheese rolling, but really we're not as bothered as you want us to be..."

The German's feal the exact same about the English. The German's don't give a flying f**k about head to heads with England in sport, for some reason they love beating the Dutch.

The Australian's think the world gives a f**k about swimming.

Most countries do it.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Main Street

I didn't understand that motm award. If ever there was a no brainer award, it was for O'Driscoll's performance. If ever a captain rose to highest standards of inspiration, skill and graft,  it was all appropriately encapsulated in O'Driscoll's game yesterday.

Celt_Man

what a match, what a performance!  It was threatening to happening for a good while, with playing in fits and bursts...  They bossed the breakdown, had far fewer errors, a lower penalty count and lorded it in the scrum - a fine day's work by any standard..

You really couldn't get tired of beating that shower either! ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dinny Breen

Great result great performance but in one off games Ireland have always historically been able to produce the annoying part for me is how we have dropped off in consistency of performance. Highlighted by our best performance following our worst. I think we need a change on the coaching ticket, I'd remove Gaffney and bring in in Schmidt as our attack coach in a consultancy role. World Cup squad will be interesting and thee of Kearney, Trimble, Fitzgerald, McFadden and G Murphy could miss out...
#newbridgeornowhere

Aerlik

Quote from: Gold on March 20, 2011, 11:13:41 AM

True, he looks and acts like someone who back in the day would've been one of the one's burning us out, killin our kids, takin our land or else been above in Scotland, chasin after William Wallace!

Earlier than that, don't you think?  He looks like one chromosome away from feckin neanderthal
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 20, 2011, 01:16:25 PM
World Cup squad will be interesting and thee of Kearney, Trimble, Fitzgerald, McFadden and G Murphy could miss out...
and Paddy Wallace gets picked over them.

Main Street

Doesn't take long for the cup to be half empty.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Main Street on March 20, 2011, 01:57:20 PM
Doesn't take long for the cup to be half empty.

Ahh but in fairness the likes of McFadden can cover every position from 10 to 15 and he isn't on the bench.  Wallace can cover 12 or 10 but O'Gara is on the bench - it didn't make a lick of sense.

Have to say Trimble's selection certainly raised my eyebrow but he had a heck of a game - gives a physical presence and didn't waste the ball yesterday at all

Any word on Murphy's injury?  And Kearney for that matter too?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Capt Pat

Kearney isnt going to miss out.

My world cup squad today is. Assuming 5 props 3 hookers and 3 scrum halves

props
Ross
Healy
Buckley
Court
Horan/Hayes/?
Hookers
Best
Flannery
Cronin
Second row
O connell
O Callaghan
Cullen
Donacha Ryan- can play both second row and number 6 to a decent level. Maybe the only player who can do it.
Back Row
Heaslip
Ferris
O Brien
Leamy
Wallace

Scrum halves
O Leary
Reddan
Boss - No Stringer in this squad game. In a squeeze both Boss and O Leary could stand on the wing Stringer who I dont fancy as a starting scrum half can not.
Out half
Sexton
O Gara

centres
Darcy
O Driscoll
Wallace - third outhalf
Back 3
Kearney
Bowe
Earls
Fitzgerald