The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haze

Quote from: Hardy on March 19, 2011, 07:25:21 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 19, 2011, 06:36:19 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 19, 2011, 06:32:58 PM
24-8 Pitch cutting up badly with all that rain, 8mins left the guys on BBC are very sombre
shocking pity of the c***ts
What a load of shite. The BBC commentators were hugely complimentary to Ireland. Lose the cringe lads.

Agree. Jesus its the rte panel that are hard work to watch afterwards with their petty arguing. As much as I can't stand Brian Moore and sometimes Guscott at least they are not as annoying as listening to Hook. When you watch the BBC you get a bit of balance. Hook should be retired to grass..

Uladh

If ireland had beaten the welsh narrowly would they have been close to england at the top of the table?
Also,b just caught the tail end of it but heard the bbc reporting trouble in both the welsh and french dressing rooms before kick off. Anyone catch that?

under the bar

Why did O'Driscoll say Ireland lost the 2nd half when they outscored England 7-5??

gallsman

Found one of the few Irish pubs in Bonn just in time to catch the game. Tremendous stuff altogether. Would drive you f**king mental that they can't perform like that consistently. Not the biggest fan of Sexton, but he was absolutely outstanding today. What was that pillock Ashton mouthing at him for after he knocked over the penalty after Ashton wrapped him round the neck? Was great to see O'Gara winding him up as well. Not a hint of a swallow dive today!

Only downside was the incredibly gracious English guy sitting behind me. Made it very difficult to dislike him and abuse his countrymen for 80 minutes. I managed though!

screenexile

Hopefullly the Sexton doubters have left the building... sensational today!!

Orangemac

Sexton was great today but Heaslip was immense. Put his head in everywhere, will be sore tomorrow.

Even though he was reasonably quiet BOD is still the man. Has Ireland produced a more talented consistent world class sportsman?

Pick up for the try and finish fantastic.

Great to see misery spread over Johnson's face at the end. Pay back for 2003.

Bord na Mona man

The Irish team cranked up the aggression, intensity and concentrated on getting the basics right.
Since winning the Grand Slam there may have been too much focus on trying out the fancy stuff and the grunt work has been neglected.

I stuck with the BBC as their commentary is more level headed. As with the cricket a couple of weeks ago, the English seemed gracious about it. Brian Moore was more poodle than the bulldog of old and both Inverdale and Guscott didn't seem too bothered.

Aerlik

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 19, 2011, 07:56:40 PM
England were not at the races today.

What?  The chariot races?   :D :D

Feckin good stuff.  Never happier than when defeating tha hoors ;)
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on March 19, 2011, 11:47:02 PM
There is none worse than Jonathan Davies for completely biased commentary although I like him and Wales.
There is none worse than Brian Moore for completely biased commentary although I don't like him and England.

Hard not to like Davies. Seems like a civil chap.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Aerlik on March 19, 2011, 11:45:25 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on March 19, 2011, 07:56:40 PM
England were not at the races today.

What?  The chariot races?   :D :D

Feckin good stuff.  Never happier than when defeating tha hoors ;)

at last, someone talking sense. whether it's Rugby,Cricket, Football, Judo, Synchronised Swimming or Darts a victory over the scum is brilliant.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Gold

Quote from: Orangemac on March 19, 2011, 11:24:29 PM
Sexton was great today but Heaslip was immense. Put his head in everywhere, will be sore tomorrow.

Even though he was reasonably quiet BOD is still the man. Has Ireland produced a more talented consistent world class sportsman?

Pick up for the try and finish fantastic.

Great to see misery spread over Johnson's face at the end. Pay back for 2003.

Unreal sportman

Did you see his 25 tries shown after the game on RTE?

The amount of tries he scored by picking up a low, bouncing ball full tilt is astonishing
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

CiKe

Quote from: hardstation on March 20, 2011, 12:18:12 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 20, 2011, 12:14:57 AM
Quote from: hardstation on March 19, 2011, 11:47:02 PM
There is none worse than Jonathan Davies for completely biased commentary although I like him and Wales.
There is none worse than Brian Moore for completely biased commentary although I don't like him and England.

Hard not to like Davies. Seems like a civil chap.
Moore is nowhere near as bad as Davies. Wales were being tanked tonight and he was going mental over decisions that didn't matter a fcuk.

Don't think Moore is anywhere as bad as he used to be. Seems to have come on. On occasion would still drive yo crazy,  bt dont think so one eyed as before.

Gold

Davies is as biased as they come--but doesnt bother me i think it's a laugh
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Capt Pat

How long did it take the BBC or Rte to notice O driscolls try was disallowed in the first half? Nobody around me in the stadium noticed for quite a while and the guy on setanta took an age to notice too.

Overthebar!

great game today.haven't enjoyed a match as much in a while. everyone played out of their skins. o'brien very impressive as was sexton and trimble but mom for me was heaslip.

The clip of the 25 tries was great-unreal sports man. How is has kept it going at this level for so long is amazing. be hard shoes to fill once he retires, hopefully can pick up some proper silverware before then!